Author Topic: Despite Promises, Trump Admin Fails Middle Eastern Christians  (Read 899 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Despite Promises, Trump Admin Fails Middle Eastern Christians
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:20:49 am »
Despite Promises, Trump Admin Fails Middle Eastern Christians
By Patrick Poole
PJ Media
Posted 2018-09-02 21:04 GMT

Shortly after President Trump's inauguration last year he was asked about the ongoing plight of Syria's Christians. He said that Christian refugees would be given priority under his administration.

But a review of the numbers of Syrian Christians admitted to the U.S. since his inauguration shows that those priority promises have not come to pass.

In fact, statistics from the State Department's Refugee Processing Center show that only nine Syrian Christians have been admitted to the U.S. during 2018.

Read more at: http://aina.org/news/20180902170445.htm

Yes, this needs to be fixed.

Original article: https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/despite-promises-trump-admin-fails-middle-east-christians/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Despite Promises, Trump Admin Fails Middle Eastern Christians
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:25:51 am »
Weren't you the one who kept touting that this was already done and ISIS was defeated?????

Yes, I think you were.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:40:23 am »
Weren't you the one who kept touting that this was already done and ISIS was defeated?????

Yes, I think you were.

INVAR, really?  No matter what was posted before TomSea discovered something that was wrong and posted it.  I really appreciate that.

Yes it needs to be corrected.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:51:30 am »
INVAR, really?  No matter what was posted before TomSea discovered something that was wrong and posted it.  I really appreciate that.

Yes it needs to be corrected.

Better late than never I guess. 

At the time he was adamant that those issues were solved and taken care of matter-of-fact.   Definitively.

He did not appreciate having those definitives doubted.

At the time.

Here's hoping the Trump-colored glasses can come off a little bit more so he can see more clearly.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:59:11 am »
Better late than never I guess. 

At the time he was adamant that those issues were solved and taken care of matter-of-fact.   Definitively.

He did not appreciate having those definitives doubted.

At the time.

I don't believe I have ever heard TomSea call Trump out on anything.  I am appreciative of his honesty.  Especially in relation to persecuted Christians.

Here's hoping the Trump-colored glasses can come off a little bit more so he can see more clearly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »
Trump helped greatly, even if it meant letting his Generals do the work, helped beat back the great persecutors of Christians and that being ISIS. Those who voted for Trump can take solace in this.  Those who did not, that speaks for itself.

Even if Christians are not being shuffled in rapidly, their whole environment now in Northern Syria and Iraq is a lot safer now due in no small part to what the US, coalition allies and their backed mainly Kurdish forces have done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:04:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 06:00:43 pm »
Trump helped greatly, even if it meant letting his Generals do the work, helped beat back the great persecutors of Christians and that being ISIS. Those who voted for Trump can take solace in this.

True, but Christians can be persecuted by other than IS. If the figures given are correct then we haven't yet corrected our immigration policies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 06:18:43 pm »
Trump helped greatly, even if it meant letting his Generals do the work, helped beat back the great persecutors of Christians and that being ISIS. Those who voted for Trump can take solace in this.  Those who did not, that speaks for itself.

Even if Christians are not being shuffled in rapidly, their whole environment now in Northern Syria and Iraq is a lot safer now due in no small part to what the US, coalition allies and their backed mainly Kurdish forces have done.

So you thoroughly disagree with the article you posted?

Trump Admin Fails Middle Eastern Christians

I guess you decided that you needed to create the impression you were 'fair and balanced' then?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 06:19:12 pm »

True, but Christians can be persecuted by other than IS. If the figures given are correct then we haven't yet corrected our immigration policies.

But at this point, the danger to Christians is likely much less. Since 2003  and the "liberation" of Iraq to now, this is where so many Christians have left the country or worse.  The danger greatly diminished nowadays.

Let's remember too, per immigration policy, just claiming one is a Christian does not necessarily mean one is. One could be a Muslim just saying this to get asylum. So, the system does need to be worked with.

This is the same for the African immigrants coming into Italy, if they are Christians, it is much less problematic than if they are Muslims to me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 06:21:33 pm »
It's unbelievable and I'm sure many people have heard it before, Saddam Hussein was given the keys to the city of Detroit because he gave lots of money to a Christian Church serving Middle Easterners there.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/04/saddam-hussein-given-key-detroit/

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »
   The Middle East is a CF, has been and will continue to be.  There is no doubt in my mind that Trump, Pompeo, Mattis, Bolton and Haley are doing a much more manageable job of keeping a lid on things over there than any hellary people could have.

Back on Topic, the Christians have had 727 years (Last Crusade ended in 1291) to see the writing on the wall and get the hell out of Dodge or more recently (69 years) to migrate to the last Bastion ~ Israel.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:28:15 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 06:55:03 pm »
Christians have been in Iraq/Syria from what I can tell, for 2000 years....they were there all this time and yes, I'm sure persecution has been largely continuous, much worse at some times.

For as bad as Al Qaeda is, I don't think their branch in Syria nor Iraq for that matter, has been persecuting Christians much in the current troubles that largely began in 2011.  That is mainly ISIS that has been persecuting Christians.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 08:39:42 pm »
Muslims have Taqiyah, what if one posted as a Christian, came into the USA and committed a dastardly terrorist act killing Americans?  I hope they have a good way of vetting all of these people.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 12:39:11 am »
muslims (isis or not) persecute Christians.

That is what muslims do.

Eliminate isis, and muslims WILL STILL persecute Christians.

Not much will have changed or be gained.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 12:45:27 am »
muslims (isis or not) persecute Christians.

That is what muslims do.

Eliminate isis, and muslims WILL STILL persecute Christians.

Not much will have changed or be gained.

Actually, it is a big difference, ISIS committed genocide against the Yazidis, Druze, Christians, others and Shiites.  People are really downplaying how bad ISIS was and still is.  ISIS is easily the worst of the bunch of terrorists we have seen since World War II, Boko Haram is basically in their category and somewhat affiliated with them.

How could Saddam Hussein have had given so much money to a Detroit Chaldean Church?  How have the Copts been able to live in Egypt for 2000 years? The Chaldean (Christians) in Iraq too before the big invasion and the mismanagement of it since.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:47:40 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 06:23:39 pm »
Wahhabists-Salafists may well be the dangerous ones, I'm not an expert.

There are supposed spiritual sects such as the Sufis. I'm not aware if they do anything such as the radicals we hear about.

So, making a blanket statement may well be wrong, I could be wrong too. Just throwing that out for conversation.

From what I've read, the country with the largest Muslim population in the world is Indonesia and believe it or not, I've seen them receive some decent ratings concerning freedom.

Even at that, they are above China and Russia by the Freedom House ratings (which is not gospel but it's something):