Author Topic: 80 per cent of the UK's population growth comes from immigration (2001-2016)  (Read 399 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
80 per cent of the UK's population growth comes from immigration
By Harry Cole, Westminster Correspondent

FOUR fifths of the UK’s population growth over the past 15 years was due to immigration, campaigners claim.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that it rose by 6.6million to 65.7million between 2001 and 2016.

That said, I doubt if at anytime in recent memory, we've ever had any kind of growth rate from immigration like this? Though I might wonder with Reagan's amnesty and California. ... not to knock the gipper, stuff happens.  Other than that, we've probably never had more than 20%.

Migration Watch claims the more than 10% rise in the UK's population since 2001, is largely due to foreign immigrants

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7080182/80-per-cent-growth-immigration/

Could happen to us. Something to definitely watch out for.

Article is about a week old.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:01:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We've probably never been in this range or near it, I do think in the early '90s there might have been some sort of big migration with the amnesty, the blue box at the article is helpful:

The Sun Says

IT is a staggering betrayal of Britain that successive Governments gave no thought to how we would cope with a sudden population explosion caused by mass migration.

... More at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7080182/80-per-cent-growth-immigration/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfwgator, you're durn right about Mr. Powell.

This is Britain's future:

It could be ours, too.
Time is fast running out to change that.
Maybe 5 years left, not many more.