Author Topic: Meghan McCain spoils dad’s eulogy with vindictive attack on Donald Trump  (Read 1019 times)

rangerrebew

Meghan McCain spoils dad’s eulogy with vindictive attack on Donald Trump
September 1, 2018 | Samantha Chang

The (vindictive) apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Just ask Meghan McCain, who—like her late dad John McCain—opportunistically used his funeral to attack President Trump. Great job, Meghan! Dad would be so proud.

While delivering the eulogy of her father, an angry Meghan took a dig at President Trump’s famous MAGA slogan by spouting: “The America of John McCain has no need to be made great again because America was always great.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/09/01/meghan-mccain-spoils-dads-eulogy-with-vindictive-attack-on-donald-trump-670034

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was pointed, not vindictive. And when did it become bad to say "America was always great"?  Have we changed so much that is now a negative?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It may have just been her telling Governor Ducey "Please don't appoint me to Dad's Senate seat?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

It was pointed, not vindictive. And when did it become bad to say "America was always great"?  Have we changed so much that is now a negative?

I read the whole speech and, yeah, much was an attack on Trump, and not a very subtle one.

We can still call a spade a spade, right?

The Yeb faction of the GOP had best be careful lest they appear to be enjoying themselves too much at this 'memorial service'.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:52:30 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

Was Paul Wellstone's kid there?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It may have just been her telling Governor Ducey "Please don't appoint me to Dad's Senate seat?"

She should follow my rule about hope; It's important in life to not give a shit. It can help you a lot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I personally think it was the wrong place..she should have saved it for a more receptive audience on The View...instead of remembering John McCain everyone is talking about Meghan's eulogy.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Good point.

Offline dfwgator

Has the MSM even mentioned "The Keating Five" the entire week?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

In the context of giving a eulogy...what's really the difference between a pointed attack on someone who isn't present, and vindictiveness?  She was not only negative towards Trump himself in general, but seemed rather clearly to refer to some of Trump's comments about her father.

I suppose we could quibble about the definition of "vindictive", but it seems close enough to not really matter.

In any case, she succeeded in politicizing her dad's funeral, and polarizing people further. So if that was her goal, she succeeded.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:28:23 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Yeb faction of the GOP had best be careful lest they appear to be enjoying themselves too much at this 'memorial service'.

That faction generally believes that this is all just about Trump personally, and they'll be back to running things once he's gone.

I don't think most of them realize that the only reason Trump was successful was because of the widespread, seething resentment against moderate leadership.  Trump only capitalized on that discontent - he didn't create it.  And when he's gone, it's still going to be there, except much stronger.

Offline skeeter

That faction generally believes that this is all just about Trump personally, and they'll be back to running things once he's gone.

I don't think most of them realize that the only reason Trump was successful was because of the widespread, seething resentment against moderate leadership.  Trump only capitalized on that discontent - he didn't create it.  And when he's gone, it's still going to be there, except much stronger.

This "memorial service" proves to me the GOPe is obtuse enough to believe it'll be back to situation normal after Trump is gotten rid of.

It will be interesting to see how they react when they realize that, as you say, the problem isn't Trump, its them. They can decide to either start paying attention to their constituents or they can jump on board with the leftists in their effort to de-emphasize/delegitimize/defraud Article 1 Section 2 of the Constitution.

I'm thinking they'll choose the latter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This "memorial service" proves to me the GOPe is obtuse enough to believe it'll be back to situation normal after Trump is gotten rid of.

It will be interesting to see how they react when they realize that, as you say, the problem isn't Trump, its them. They can decide to either start paying attention to their constituents or they can jump on board with the leftists in their effort to de-emphasize/delegitimize/defraud Article 1 Section 2 of the Constitution.

I'm thinking they'll choose the latter.

I think so too.  In fact, I think they already have.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Trump only capitalized on that discontent - he didn't create it.  And when he's gone, it's still going to be there, except much stronger.

Exactly. We Trump voters aren't going anywhere,  we'll be here long after Trump has left the stage.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump should be honored in all this. Refusing to participate in the "John McCain was a Holy Saint anointed by God himself show" and not even present at the various cerimonies, Trump still managed to dominate everything about it. McCain was just a second-hand thought. The real focus in all of this has been and still is President Trump.

What an incredibly dominate actor one must be to be able to overshadow every single thing in Hollywood and in Washington D.C. without even trying. In fact, by Trump trying to stay out of the dog-and-pony show he only made them more angry. And they attempted time and again to drag him into it.

They are angry if Trump speaks, no matter what he says. And they are angry when Trump doesn't speak, if you can believe that. "Trump should have said that John McCain was a God among men!" The fact that he didn't say that is disrespectful and only proves that he hates McCain!

Who, other than Trump, could possibly get in trouble for something they 'didn't' say? This is TDS on full display in the Democrat Party and the Republican establishment.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.