Author Topic: We Must Fight Back  (Read 4890 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: We Must Fight Back
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2018, 06:12:56 pm »
I'm going to repeat this one more time.

When you go to war you go with the Army you have not the one you wish you had!  Anyone who thinks we are not at war in this country is seriously deluded IMHO.

25 years of that same mantra being said to shame people into voting for a treasonous/adulterous party who has trained their 'army' to fight for Collectivism/Statism' as long as it is their uniforms doing it.

Nope.

No longer an army I am willing to be part of.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:54 pm »

Yup.

The argument over doctrinal purity of a word - 'Conservatism' - excusing jettisoning Everything to sit on the sidelines, makes as much sense as being an American soldier in Germany at the end of WWII, and refusing help from a company of Stalin's guys because they weren't the right type of guys.

Just mind-numbing.

You are not holding discussions with soldiers. Just big talkers.

The precise definition of "conservatism," down to the last letter, pales alongside the absolute need to first and above all Win.

That is Foundational Principle No. One

FDR, Churchill, Eisenhower, Truman, Patton all knew and advanced this.

Dinesh d Souza is a truly effective conservative voice today.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2018, 06:34:38 pm »
You are not holding discussions with soldiers. Just big talkers.

The precise definition of "conservatism," down to the last letter, pales alongside the absolute need to first and above all Win.

That is Foundational Principle No. One

FDR, Churchill, Eisenhower, Truman, Patton all knew and advanced this.

Dinesh d Souza is a truly effective conservative voice today.

:thumbsup:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2018, 06:37:13 pm »
25 years of that same mantra being said to shame people into voting for a treasonous/adulterous party who has trained their 'army' to fight for Collectivism/Statism' as long as it is their uniforms doing it.

Nope.

No longer an army I am willing to be part of.

If you care at all about this Republic, I don't think you have that choice any longer.  The country IS on the edge of a cliff and if it goes over there will be no getting it back!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2018, 06:38:37 pm »

Matt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (KJV)

What are you winning if you don't gain what you are fighting for? I am not interested in yet another Pyrrhic victory.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:36 pm »
If you care at all about this Republic, I don't think you have that choice any longer.  The country IS on the edge of a cliff and if it goes over there will be no getting it back!!

Then all is already lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2018, 06:42:04 pm »
Then all is already lost.

If you honestly believe that then it is for you.  I'm going to do what I can for as long as I can!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »
If you honestly believe that then it is for you.  I'm going to do what I can for as long as I can!

If truth is defeated, and justice has flown, then there is nothing left to do. Liberalism will not defeat liberalism. One is not winning if one's wins are for the other side.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2018, 06:47:39 pm »
Matt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (KJV)

What are you winning if you don't gain what you are fighting for? I am not interested in yet another Pyrrhic victory.

This biblical concept is scorned, held in contempt  and ridiculed by the 'smart people' who go to church on Sunday and then lecture us about compromise in order to 'win'.

They already have their reward, and like you said - it's pyrrhic at best, and fleeting - sating the emotions until the reality of consequences asserts itself.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2018, 06:49:57 pm »

Same here, as for those who won't, since there's no way to even beat it into them:

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2018, 06:51:23 pm »
That is it in a nutshell.  I would add that the left is aided by the NT'rs.  Not much difference in them.

Ridiculous.

There could not be a greater chasm between the left and those Conservatives who actually BELIEVE in Conservatism.

The idea that anyone who opposes Trump is a liberal is a bunch of cock and bull.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2018, 06:57:10 pm »
Same here, as for those who won't, since there's no way to even beat it into them:

It is not I that is crouched down and licking the hand...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 06:57:46 pm »
This biblical concept is scorned, held in contempt  and ridiculed by the 'smart people' who go to church on Sunday and then lecture us about compromise in order to 'win'.
To whom do you refer? Or, perhaps I should ask, to which church do you refer?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 07:00:18 pm »
Some people are fighting a different war.

To some, the war is between people who wear red shirts and blue shirts, between those with a R behind their name or a D behind their name.

To others, the war is between collectivists/statists and liberty.

To others, the war is about the very soul of the nation.

Just because someone isn't fighting the war you choose doesn't mean they aren't fighting a war. It is almost the height of arrogance to tell others they must fight your war for you when they are fighting their own. Who are you (I'm not directing this personally at you, but in general) to tell someone else what must be important to them and what battle they must fight? Make your case of why you think your war is more important but don't tell others they aren't fighting just because they aren't putting on your jersey.

This is an amazing post, and exactly what many of us believe and think.

To be told that we aren't 'fighting' because we no longer wear the phony red jersey, is an insult, and needs to be corrected.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no longer an "army" or weaponry within the Republican party.  That war is already lost.

The war for the soul of America and for liberty is what needs to be fought.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »

They already have their reward, and like you said - it's pyrrhic at best, and fleeting - sating the emotions until the reality of consequences asserts itself.

And in the meantime, the price keeps going up and up, trillions at a time... and the overweening federal State imposes more and more... and 60 million lives are sacrificed, more than any war, in the name of convenience, fueling the gateways that let in the demons that further our demise. All on our watch.

This is no animated fight for liberty. This is a race to the bottom.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2018, 07:03:05 pm »

No!  It is you who is sitting on the sidelines watching your country die!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2018, 07:06:34 pm »
And they tell me repeatedly 'pick a side or get run over and squished'

It's the choice that says 'pick how you die - by their hand or ours'.

I choose neither, and will go my own way and lay waste to anyone attempting to impose themselves upon me and mine.

Those who would trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state have told us that they have a utopian solution of peace without victory. They call their policy "accommodation." And they say if we only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he will forget his evil ways and learn to love us. All who oppose them are indicted as warmongers. They say we offer simple answers to complex problems. Well, perhaps there is a simple answer--not an easy answer--but simple.

If you and I have the courage to tell our elected officials that we want our national policy based upon what we know in our hearts is morally right. We cannot buy our security, our freedom from the threat of the bomb by committing an immorality so great as saying to a billion now in slavery behind the Iron Curtain, "Give up your dreams of freedom because to save our own skin, we are willing to make a deal with your slave masters." Alexander Hamilton said, "A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." Let's set the record straight. There is no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace--and you can have it in the next second--surrender.

Admittedly there is a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson in history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face--that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight and surrender. If we continue to accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand--the ultimatum. And what then? When Nikita Khrushchev has told his people he knows what our answer will be? He has told them that we are retreating under the pressure of the Cold War, and someday when the time comes to deliver the ultimatum, our surrender will be voluntary because by that time we will have weakened from within spiritually, morally, and economically. He believes this because from our side he has heard voices pleading for "peace at any price" or "better Red than dead," or as one commentator put it, he would rather "live on his knees than die on his feet."

And therein lies the road to war, because those voices don't speak for the rest of us. You and I know and do not believe that life is so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. If nothing in life is worth dying for, when did this begin--just in the face of this enemy? Or should Moses have told the children of Israel to live in slavery under the pharaohs? Should Christ have refused the cross? Should the patriots at Concord Bridge have thrown down their guns and refused to fire the shot heard 'round the world? The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all.  ~ Ronald Reagan "A Time For Choosing"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2018, 07:07:33 pm »

That's beneath you, Bigun.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
@musiclady
The only red jerseys I would consent to wear . . .

. . . and, the only blue one . . .

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:08:47 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »

No... I am standing right where I always have. Tumpism holds nothing of Conservatism. What is it that I am to stand upon? What of it is a cause hauling us around toward anything sane? NONE of it.

So I will fight another way. One that has a chance of real gains, and eschew this war of pomp and twitterpation.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:12:30 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2018, 07:09:16 pm »

How many times have they told us that "our brand of Conservatism" does not work and cannot win elections?

Then there is the advocacy some of them push to get rid of tax cuts, defend Deficit spending, abandon the abortion argument and embrace universal healthcare.

They are licking the palms of Liberal Statism themselves while attempting to shame the rest of us to crouch down before Trump.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2018, 07:09:33 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2018, 07:10:07 pm »
That's beneath you, Bigun.

Is it now?  Why?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2018, 07:11:01 pm »
@musiclady
The only red jerseys I would consent to wear . . .

. . . and, the only blue one . . .

THIS would be mine.  happy77

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »
Is it now?  Why?

Why?  Because as someone said earlier:

It is almost the height of arrogance to tell others they must fight your war for you when they are fighting their own.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:12:59 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!