Author Topic: We Must Fight Back  (Read 4892 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: We Must Fight Back
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2018, 07:52:34 pm »
A false guilt trip from a false meme??

It was a fancy screed... Well spoken and right... If I had the slightest inkling that it was indeed the opinion of more than a handful of Republicans, and saw them actually DOING as he opined, there might be something to get behind.

But in the end it is all opinion... from one guy. When they start legislating and impeaching judges by the gross, maybe I will take another look.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2018, 07:54:51 pm »
OK! Then sit on the sidelines and cry if that is what suits you.
I don't sit on the sidelines, I cry only from genuine deep sorrow or in the presence of music so beautiful that to fight the tears is to expose the soulless, and neither do I ask "how high" when this or that political animal, presidential cultist (regardless of the president in question), or Gawdsaker (thank you, H.G. Wells, for narrowing down those who scream for Gawdsakes let's do something! over every last doing and/or undoing in human existence that they think demands political resolution) demands that I jump. I learned long enough ago (from John Chamberlain, a fine book reviewer) that there is no need to be with history when history is headed toward an abyss. (I learned even earlier than that about what happened to the boy who cried "wolf!")

We are not going to begin solving what requires solving until we finally get it into our fat heads that the sole legitimate political requirement we need to fulfill is restoring a properly-construed government, whose sole legitimate business---beyond protecting us from enemies actual or provably iminent from abroad and predators (real predators, not mere vicemongers) at home---is to stay the hell out of your business, my business, everyone's business, until or unless one would obstruct or abrogate another's equivalent rights. As opposed to what we still have now, the improperly-consecrated State whose business is to poke its nose into every last nook and cranny of her subjects' business whether it is competent or Constitutionally sanctioned to do so.

You were always intelligent enough to conjugate such mischief in the past, as our @musiclady alludes. Now, your trying to teach me or anyone about political responsibility comes out a lot like learning about love from Attila the Hun.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:55:36 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2018, 07:59:39 pm »
I don't sit on the sidelines, I cry only from genuine deep sorrow or in the presence of music so beautiful that to fight the tears is to expose the soulless, and neither do I ask "how high" when this or that political animal, presidential cultist (regardless of the president in question), or Gawdsaker (thank you, H.G. Wells, for narrowing down those who scream for Gawdsakes let's do something! over every last doing and/or undoing in human existence that they think demands political resolution) demands that I jump. I learned long enough ago (from John Chamberlain, a fine book reviewer) that there is no need to be with history when history is headed toward an abyss. (I learned even earlier than that about what happened to the boy who cried "wolf!")

We are not going to begin solving what requires solving until we finally get it into our fat heads that the sole legitimate political requirement we need to fulfill is restoring a properly-construed government, whose sole legitimate business---beyond protecting us from enemies actual or provably iminent from abroad and predators (real predators, not mere vicemongers) at home---is to stay the hell out of your business, my business, everyone's business, until or unless one would obstruct or abrogate another's equivalent rights. As opposed to what we still have now, the improperly-consecrated State whose business is to poke its nose into every last nook and cranny of her subjects' business whether it is competent or Constitutionally sanctioned to do so.

You were always intelligent enough to conjugate such mischief in the past, as our @musiclady alludes. Now, your trying to teach me or anyone about political responsibility comes out a lot like learning about love from Attila the Hun.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2018, 08:01:45 pm »

This is called having a true north.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2018, 08:13:10 pm »
@musiclady

You are not holding discussions with soldiers. Just big talkers.

The precise definition of "conservatism," down to the last letter, pales alongside the absolute need to first and above all Win.

That is Foundational Principle No. One

FDR, Churchill, Eisenhower, Truman, Patton all knew and advanced this.

Dinesh d Souza is a truly effective conservative voice today.

I'll tell you what isn't beneath me.

Bearing what @truth_seeker said in mind, part of what isn't beneath me is the appendix to George Patton's book, "War As I Knew It"

What's truly 'beneath me' I leave to Emily Post, who I care less than a rat's hind foot in a foxhole for.

My soul I leave to the Almighty. Not those who post scripture here to rubber stamp Their authority.

The fate of hundreds of millions of kids yet unborn, as I said; "Donald Trump is not my Priest, Pastor, or Rabbi."

The rationale that this country couldn't have got one &&&& of a lot worse under the Rats is not only risible but beneath contempt.

I can't figure out What kind of picture the 6 of 1, half a dozen of another moralists here are trying to paint for the rest of us.

Is it one of themselves going guerilla? Taking to the forests with Bible in one hand and their hunting rifles, shotguns, or maybe even a full auto battle rifle in the other? One by one or in bands of a few dozen?

Or are they just gonna keep Lecturing everyone?

This POTUS, despite the porkulous (which I'm sure I'll get another Lecture about), has shown a decided preference for downsizing the Federal Grendel, which is the Lawful step #1.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:14:56 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2018, 08:16:02 pm »
@musiclady

I'll tell you what isn't beneath me.

Bearing what @truth_seeker said in mind, part of what isn't beneath me is the appendix to George Patton's book, "War As I Knew It"

What's truly 'beneath me' I leave to Emily Post, who I care less than a rat's hind foot in a foxhole for.

My soul I leave to the Almighty.

The fate of hundreds of millions of kids yet unborn, as I said; "Donald Trump is not my Priest, Pastor, or Rabbi."

The rationale that this country couldn't have got one &&&& of a lot worse under the Rats is not only risible but beneath contempt.

I can't figure out What kind of picture the 6 of 1, half a dozen of another moralists here are trying to paint for the rest of us.

Is it one of themselves going guerilla? Taking to the forests with Bible in one hand and their hunting rifles, shotguns, or maybe even a full auto battle rifle in the other? One by one or in bands of a few dozen?

Or are they just gonna keep Lecturing everyone?

This POTUS, despite the porkulous (which I'm sure I'll get another Lecture about), has shown a decided preference for downsizing the Federal Grendel, which is the Lawful step #1.

I have NO idea why you pinged me to this post.

I said it was beneath Bigun to accuse others of not fighting, of sitting on the sidelines crying when they are doing no such thing.

And it was.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

Nice. Now what was I supposed to get out of that?

Some truth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2018, 08:27:11 pm »

And you think we can wave a magic wand and make all that happen in one fell swoop? 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:28:05 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2018, 08:30:13 pm »

That you have no real idea whatsoever whatever it is you think are fighting for, because it certainly is not liberty.

Just another form of whatever Government Statism you prefer to rule everyone with, based on whatever transient morality society is governed by at the moment.

However the disdain you and the bulk of Republicans continue to show towards biblical principle and those demonstrating the temporal emptiness of your movement is the same disdain as shared by the Secular Left.

You are better-suited allies with the Left than with those of us 'moralists' anyway.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2018, 08:31:53 pm »
And you think we can wave a magic wand and make all that happen in one fell swoop?

There are times here when you say things that give people the belief that you've fallen under that illusion because of one election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »
@Bigun
At least I think.  :pondering:

And, no, I never once said we could make it happen in one fell swoop. But it would be nice to start making it happen at all, which has not happened for a very long time. And I would remind you that we may not be able to make it happen in one fell swoop, but the wounding flaw of (uh oh, here comes that word!) incrementalism is that, roughly translated, when you commit yourself to nothing more than going even a fraction of the distance at every step, you will never reach your destination and may not even get a quarter of the way there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:33:36 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2018, 08:35:09 pm »
There are times here when you say things that give people the belief that you've fallen under that illusion because of one election.

Your opinion is noted.  IMHO I have never said one single thing that would lead anyone to that conclusion.  I have said the exact opposite many times right here in fact.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2018, 08:46:21 pm »
@Bigun
At least I think.  :pondering:

And you think I don't?

And, no, I never once said we could make it happen in one fell swoop. But it would be nice to start making it happen at all, which has not happened for a very long time. And I would remind you that we may not be able to make it happen in one fell swoop, but the wounding flaw of (uh oh, here comes that word!) incrementalism is that, roughly translated, when you commit yourself to nothing more than going even a fraction of the distance at every step, you will never reach your destination and may not even get a quarter of the way there.

Then you aren't seeing what I see.  I did everything I knew how to prevent the nomination of Donald J. Trump as the Republican nominee for President in 2016 and refused to vote for him in the general election, a fact that has caused great anxiety with some members of my own family.  He was, however, elected and now IS the President of the United States.  To my great surprise he, almost by himself, HAS moved the ball in my direction more than anyone to hold that office since Ronald Wilson Reagan and, for so long as he continues to do that, I'm going to support him with all I have in me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2018, 08:55:51 pm »
And you think I don't?
Of course you do. Which is why a few of your previous comments were so surprising.

Then you aren't seeing what I see.
I see the unfortunately continuing metastasis of State power, even if it's happening in a somewhat bumpy way as opposed to the customary straight path.

I did everything I knew how to prevent the nomination of Donald J. Trump as the Republican nominee for President in 2016 and refused to vote for him in the general election, a fact that has caused great anxiety with some members of my own family.  He was, however, elected and now IS the President of the United States.
Which does not leave him immune to appropriate critique, never mind that it also seems to have brought out the worst in him. ;)

To my great surprise he, almost by himself, HAS moved the ball in my direction more than anyone to hold that office since Ronald Wilson Reagan and, for so long as he continues to do that, I'm going to support him with all I have in me.
If your direction is negating an appopriate tax cut with an absolute lack of push or prod toward reduced spending, launching a trade war that harms more than helps American business, and concurrently a trade war that will hold hands with the continuing swell of federal spending in negating that tax cut, then yes he did move a ball in your direction.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2018, 09:11:20 pm »
Of course you do. Which is why a few of your previous comments were so surprising.

We are no longer in primary season. We are now in the middle of a presidential term with the entire arsenal of the swamp trying to take the President down by any means necessary!

I see the unfortunately continuing metastasis of State power, even if it's happening in a somewhat bumpy way as opposed to the customary straight path.

I don't see that at all!  In fact, I see quite the opposite and with almost no help from anyone in the government.

Which does not leave him immune to appropriate critique,

I have no problem with legitimate critique and never have had.

If your direction is negating an appropriate tax cut with an absolute lack of push or prod toward reduced spending, launching a trade war that harms more than helps American business, and concurrently a trade war that will hold hands with the continuing swell of federal spending in negating that tax cut, then yes he did move a ball in your direction.

There is much that I don't like in some of his policy to be sure but the general direction of what he seems to be TRYING to do with regard to the federal government is not one of them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2018, 11:46:58 pm »
Trump didn't win because he waved his magic wand and made it so.  He won because of the 65 Million+ Americans that said "Enough is Enough".

Trump may exit the stage.  But the Trump voters are going nowhere.

Trump won because he said what his supporters wanted to hear - and they apparently believed him... The art of the deal...