Author Topic: Trump replaces NAFTA and triumphs -- New trade deal with Mexico is YUGE win for both countries  (Read 7224 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

They say all that because none of them have jobs. They are investors,and their money works for them. If they can make billions will killing the American economy,they will knowingly kill the American economy in order to make billions from stock profits,and then use it to buy up property in the US at bankruptcy sales.

Win/win for them,but lose/lose  for wage and salary workers.

I worked for a labor union for many years.  They always forgot, as you seem to be doing, that workers' success depends a lot on employers' success.  If a big company is successful, it will hire people and then those people will have jobs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

Why don't you think about being clearer in your posts.  Your post SEEMED to refer to all Trump supporters as mindless worshippers.  Next time make it clear that you are referring to a few people.

I hate when people tell me to chill out.  So ... don't do that.

And try not to jump on a new member even if she annoys you.  It's mean.

#1 - I can't help it if you assume things that I post about.  My words are clear.
#2 - I'm sorry you don't like being told to chill out.  I will not do that again.
#3 - I didn't "jump on" anyone.  I sat back for days in amazement that anyone could be so nasty, accusing and deceitful before I said a word........
       and even since then what I've said has been muted relative to the offense of the poster.  I don't like lying, so if it's "mean" to point it out, so be
       it.  Lying about practically everyone on the forum is kind of mean too, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:41:22 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
.  Lying about practically everyone on the forum is kind of mean too, don't you think?

Hah.  1 through 4.  Who is lying about practically everyone on the forum?  Please be clear.

Offline musiclady

Hah.  1 through 4.  Who is lying about practically everyone on the forum?  Please be clear.

The new member you said I was being 'mean' to.  That should be clear if what you said was clear.  I'm just responding to what you said.  happy77

Now, this thread is neither about you nor me, so this will be my last response to you unless it's germane to the topic.

Have a lovely afternoon.   Hope you didn't suffer too much damage from the hurricane and don't have too much clean up to do.

Glad you're well!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The new member you said I was being 'mean' to.  That should be clear if what you said was clear.  I'm just responding to what you said.  happy77

Now, this thread is neither about you nor me, so this will be my last response to you unless it's germane to the topic.

Have a lovely afternoon.   Hope you didn't suffer too much damage from the hurricane and don't have too much clean up to do.

Glad you're well!

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I worked for a labor union for many years.  They always forgot, as you seem to be doing, that workers' success depends a lot on employers' success.  If a big company is successful, it will hire people and then those people will have jobs.

@Emjay

You seem to forget I was writing about the "investment class" like international bankers. They make nothing but profits from investing money. If that means buying up a company to shut it down to sell the assets for a quick buck,that's what they do. Their SOLE focus is on personal profits at the expense of everything else,including national security.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

You seem to forget I was writing about the "investment class" like international bankers. They make nothing but profits from investing money. If that means buying up a company to shut it down to sell the assets for a quick buck,that's what they do. Their SOLE focus is on personal profits at the expense of everything else,including national security.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about big business, big corporations and so on.

I know nothing about international bankers but I hope they enjoy their money.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sorry, I thought you were talking about big business, big corporations and so on.

I know nothing about international bankers but I hope they enjoy their money.

@Emjay

They own the DNC and the Neocons. That's all anyone needs to know about them.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom

LINCOLN???????? Have you lost your bleeping mind?
-----------------------------------------
Er............as of 10 minutes ago, I had not lost my mind.
The cliche' that we are the greatest is repeated endlessly by those willfully ignorant of history.
(And to be clear, sneakypete, I am NOT alluding here to you, either directly or indirectly.)
Instead, here is something for you to reflect upon!
In 1860, the South wanted out and war was the only way to keep them in; hence our Civil War.
Conventional wisdom insisted that the industrial/urban North held all the cards; so victory over
the agrarian/rural South was inevitable;  a notion that was then, absolutely not true!!!
In 1860, the ranking world power was Great Britain, hardly us, who were fast approaching the
zenith of their power.
The Royal Navy could put hundreds of warships to sea and go wherever/whenever they pleased.
Further, Britain's economy was driven by its great industrial mills in Birmingham, Liverpool
and Manchester which were driven exclusively by the raw cotton that our South supplied.
Finally, Canada remained a Crown Colony long after our Revolution and housed some
50,000 British Regulars.
Lincoln instantly saw the grave danger facing him and the North, namely:
* the South and Britain were natural economic and social allies,
* Britain could close all of the northern ports in an instant,
* Britain, at peace since the Crimean War, could aggressively threaten
Boston, New York and Philadelphia; creating a two front war for the North.
Lincoln then appointed Charles Adams, a relative of the Presidential Family,
as his Special Envoy to the Court of St.James,
It was his ingenuity that persuaded Britain to remain neutral in our Civil War.
W/o that, history would have written a far different story about the USA
and for that Lincoln rises to the top rank of our Presidents!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
-----------------------------------------
Er............as of 10 minutes ago, I had not lost my mind.
The cliche' that we are the greatest is repeated endlessly by those willfully ignorant of history.
(And to be clear, sneakypete, I am NOT alluding here to you, either directly or indirectly.)
Instead, here is something for you to reflect upon!
In 1860, the South wanted out and war was the only way to keep them in; hence our Civil War.
Conventional wisdom insisted that the industrial/urban North held all the cards; so victory over
the agrarian/rural South was inevitable;  a notion that was then, absolutely not true!!!
In 1860, the ranking world power was Great Britain, hardly us, who were fast approaching the
zenith of their power.
The Royal Navy could put hundreds of warships to sea and go wherever/whenever they pleased.
Further, Britain's economy was driven by its great industrial mills in Birmingham, Liverpool
and Manchester which were driven exclusively by the raw cotton that our South supplied.
Finally, Canada remained a Crown Colony long after our Revolution and housed some
50,000 British Regulars.
Lincoln instantly saw the grave danger facing him and the North, namely:
* the South and Britain were natural economic and social allies,
* Britain could close all of the northern ports in an instant,
* Britain, at peace since the Crimean War, could aggressively threaten
Boston, New York and Philadelphia; creating a two front war for the North.
Lincoln then appointed Charles Adams, a relative of the Presidential Family,
as his Special Envoy to the Court of St.James,
It was his ingenuity that persuaded Britain to remain neutral in our Civil War.
W/o that, history would have written a far different story about the USA
and for that Lincoln rises to the top rank of our Presidents!

@Absalom

All very interesting and very true,and it helps me make my case that Lincoln was a tyrant and a dictator. We were a VOLUNTARY union,and the agreement was that any of the original states that entered the union could withdraw at any time the contract they signed was violated. Lincoln blew the contract out of the water,and created a federal police state to replace a voluntary union.

Getting killed by a gunshot wound was too good for him.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom

All very interesting and very true,and it helps me make my case that Lincoln was a tyrant and a dictator. We were a VOLUNTARY union,and the agreement was that any of the original states that entered the union could withdraw at any time the contract they signed was violated. Lincoln blew the contract out of the water,and created a federal police state to replace a voluntary union.

------------------------------
Fair enough opinion of Lincoln.
But wouldn't a stern lecture have been better than a bullet?
Anyway stay well.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Absalom

@sneakypete @Absalom   My husband would have totally agreed with you.  He despised Lincoln for the reasons you've outlined.

Ironic that this man is probably more revered than George Washington (or practically anyone else)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
As for Lincoln getting shot, it's a shame it didn't happen before so many good Americans were killed and/or destroyed in a civil war.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As for Lincoln getting shot, it's a shame it didn't happen before so many good Americans were killed and/or destroyed in a civil war.

@Emjay

You are referring of course to The War of Northern Aggression.

And I agree.