Author Topic: Why Almost Nothing Can Stop a B-2 Bomber in Battle  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

Why Almost Nothing Can Stop a B-2 Bomber in Battle
« on: August 31, 2018, 11:26:16 am »
Why Almost Nothing Can Stop a B-2 Bomber in Battle

Conventional or nuclear, the B-2 Spirit can handle almost any precision attack mission in any environment imaginable, located at practically any point on Earth.

by Kyle Mizokami

B-2 bombers would almost certainly take part in any attack on North Korea’s nuclear program, which would almost certainly be a part of or escalate to a larger war between Pyongyang, its neighbors and the United States. While the B-1B bomber can launch cruise missile strikes against exposed targets, the B-2 would be sent after the North Korean leadership itself. The Spirit would drop Massive Ordnance Penetrator bombs on hardened and underground North Korean command and control system, ideally disrupting its ability to issue orders to launch missiles. Spirits would also drop MOPs on any hardened leadership facilities suspected of hiding North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and any concrete-protected nuclear storage and missile launch facilities.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-almost-nothing-can-stop-b-2-bomber-battle-30012

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why Almost Nothing Can Stop a B-2 Bomber in Battle
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:56:31 pm »
Here's the bugaboo. All accounts I have read say the YB35 and YB49 variants were scrapped long before i (repeatedly) saw them (or a plane that looked a lot like them) flying out of Andrews AFB when I was a kid in the early '60s. I recall they left soot trails in the air, too, (much like the F-4, only multiple engines), so I'm betting on jet engines.
 So someone isn't telling the whole story.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis