Author Topic: Campus bans Sept. 11 memorial for 'bias' against Muslims  (Read 708 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Campus bans Sept. 11 memorial for 'bias' against Muslims
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »
This really chaps my ass.

by Lauren Cooley
 | August 30, 2018 10:00 AM
Administrators at Ripon College in Wisconsin have ruled that a Sept. 11 memorial cannot take place on campus because it may offend Muslim students.

The private school cited bias reports that were filed during last year’s Sept. 11 memorial project, a project that was a part of Young America's Foundation’s iconic patriotism initiative which takes place across the country on campuses every year.

The school's Bias Protocol Board said the project creates an “environment” where “students from a Muslim background would feel singled out and/or harassed.” As a result, Ripon students will not be allowed to hang flyers as part of their vigil to remember the victims of Sept. 11.

According to YAF, administrators claimed that one of their objections is “because radical Islamist terrorism ‘represents a small percentage of the terrorist attacks that happened to this country, and they don’t represent the full gamut, and they show a very small picture of a specific religion or nationality instead of the larger viewpoint.’”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/red-alert-politics/campus-bans-sept-11-memorial-for-bias-against-muslims

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Campus bans Sept. 11 memorial for 'bias' against Muslims
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 12:09:55 am »
A Fishrrman fearless prediction:

The time will come (perhaps not too far into the future) in which the leftists/democrat-communists actually try to write the event of September 11, 2001... out of the history books.

So long as it remains in them, the implications of the events of that day are more damaging to their agenda than are all the remaining statues and monuments of the Old South...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:39 am »
Accurately describing real Muslim culture, history, and practice, is anti Muslim bias.
That is, failing to lie about the tenants of Islam and the failure to sugarcoat actual real Islamic practice, is racist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 01:27:38 am »
Accurately describing real Muslim culture, history, and practice, is anti Muslim bias.
That is, failing to lie about the tenants of Islam and the failure to sugarcoat actual real Islamic practice, is racist.

@240B

There is no doubt about it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 01:51:26 am »
We need to cut taxpayer funding to them.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:51:40 am »
In the future, perhaps one might remember, stories like this can go into the Health/Education forum.

rangerrebew

College deems students’ 9/11 ‘Never Forget’ posters bias incident for highlighting Islamic terrorism
Jennifer Kabbany - Fix Editor •August 30, 2018

College bias team rebukes students’ 9/11 ‘Never Forgot’ posters as inflammatory, unacceptable

A group of conservative students at Ripon College have been told their 9/11 “Never Forget” posters violate the school’s bias policy, citing the fact that its imagery is exclusively focused on Islamic terrorism.

At a meeting Tuesday between members of the Young America’s Foundation and the campus bias response team, a school official said the posters focus “relentlessly on one religious organization, one religious group, one religious identity–in associating that one religious identity with terrorist attacks which go back far before 9/11 and after 9/11–creates for some students here an environment which they feel like they are not able to learn,” according to an audio recording of the meeting obtained by YAF.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/college-deems-students-9-11-never-forget-posters-bias-incident-for-highlighting-islamic-terrorism/