Author Topic: Trump warnings grow from forgotten Republicans  (Read 5778 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump warnings grow from forgotten Republicans
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2018, 04:07:49 pm »
I get so tired of this propaganda from the willfully ignorant. The tariffs that Trump imposes, or threatens to impose, will either lead to a re-evaluation of trade by all nations ending in fairer trade for the USA or a full blown trade war. In either case the USA will win and when all nations realize this trade will dramatically change for the better.

But not the American taxpayer, who not only has to PAY the tariff if they need the materials or goods Trump has targeted, but then the rest of us have to pay BILLIONS in BAILOUT MONEY to the Americans hurt by this stupid trade war that you say is a 'good thing'.

Sorry.  This whole stupid adventure by Trump is a LOSE, LOSE for America.  The bailouts are your clue Sherlock.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2018, 04:09:35 pm »

As far as foreign policy is concerned it's been very easy to see what Trump's approach is. He won't bow down to bullies, or thugs. He will put the interests of the USA first.

@bilo

That's why the Dims,the RINO's,and their fellow travelers hate Trump so much. He is upsetting their apple carts. People like the Bush Crime Family may have to get actual jobs,doing stuff like pumping gas or restocking grocery shelves if this keeps up.

It is only by force of will that I can't see Lady Lindsey standing on a street corner in a bra and micro-mini with fishnet stockings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2018, 06:24:01 pm »
lol. Good one sneakypete!   

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:27:00 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline bilo

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2018, 06:43:33 pm »
But not the American taxpayer, who not only has to PAY the tariff if they need the materials or goods Trump has targeted, but then the rest of us have to pay BILLIONS in BAILOUT MONEY to the Americans hurt by this stupid trade war that you say is a 'good thing'.

Sorry.  This whole stupid adventure by Trump is a LOSE, LOSE for America.  The bailouts are your clue Sherlock.

This is the same defeatist garbage the "fair traders" have spewed for years. Let everyone else impose taxes on our exports but don't retaliate until they stop. Instead, we are supposed to be content with complaining about the ineguity and have our exports limited. It's about time someone stopped talking and started doing something and Trump turns out to be the guy who is actually dealing with the problem. I never thought he would, but God bless him he actually is.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 07:13:27 pm »
This is the same defeatist garbage the "fair traders" have spewed for years. Let everyone else impose taxes on our exports but don't retaliate until they stop. Instead, we are supposed to be content with complaining about the ineguity and have our exports limited. It's about time someone stopped talking and started doing something and Trump turns out to be the guy who is actually dealing with the problem. I never thought he would, but God bless him he actually is.

Well, how about YOU be the only one who pays the bailout money for the farmers and industries hurt by Trump's little trade war?  Then we can talk about it being a 'win' for us.

Right now all he has done , is to hurt Americans and make them pay in a vain effort to 'balance' something that is as stupid to balance as those who insist there is a finite pie of wealth in the world and that if one person make money- someone else loses it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2018, 11:00:41 pm »
I really think that in their stubborn, self-righteous war against Trump that they are hurting their own country.

Yes. Same goes for the N.T.'s

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 12:12:46 am »
<NOPE>

@corbe , I am befuddled. I thought we NT'ers were unnecessary to the cause of the Orange Brigadiers. Now they're telling us we're
hurting the country

I can only fall back on this gem of a meme I found a few days ago:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:33:08 am by Mod5 »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 12:22:48 am »
   <NOPE>

I'm not all that contorted, myself.  I frankly don't trust Trump to do always and only the right things.  The reasons why I have urged hardcore NT'ers to support their POTUS whenever they can are because 1) he is working hard to get the most important things done--especially draining the Swamp, believe it or not;  2) he has pretty impressive support from our patriotic military (and they are the key, in my opinion, to draining the Swamp);  3) he is on our side for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and heck, 4) he's the only POTUS we've got.

I have been SHARPLY critical of Trump on several matters, but when I have figured out what he is doing (largely under the public's radar), I concluded that he is worth supporting even if he is a reprobate. (Heck, a lot of our Presidents were reprobates, including a few of our best Presidents, in my opinion.) 

Maybe America ought to be judged harshly for even nominating Trump, but that's a different matter.  Right now I am hoping that we will be spared such a judgment--for the time being, at least.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:33:39 am by Mod5 »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2018, 12:32:21 am »
lol. I am NOT contorted.  I think people who can't get on board to save our country, are fools.  Trump is not a reprobate. Left, lying, media. 90% of heterosexual would be called that!  Trump was single for a while and the second wife cheated on him.  These things happen. My concern is all the gays, Obama, and trannies in this country who are the Reprobates. 86% of gays are into pedophilia. PIZZAGATE like Obama and Hillary, child trafficking. That is what is despicable. Don't start telling me this is not real.
All kind of information on it and code words and symbolism, confirmed. Human sacrifice, torturing kids, drinking their blood.
Podesta. Marie Abramovich.  Spirit cooking,  THAT IS DESPICABLE.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 12:47:01 am »
Oh look!  A village lost its idiot.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 12:50:11 am »
Oh look!  A village lost its idiot.

A contorted one too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 01:05:12 am »
Jeb Bush, Jeff Flake, Mark Sanford and John Kasich.

What a lovely bunch of enemies to have.

That's practically a badge of honor.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2018, 01:18:44 am »

After that I got lost.  You really should take into account the number of Stoners that read your stuff.
   It's hard enough as it is.

@corbe   I’ll give you the cliffs notes to make it easier:  she’s not worth a timeout.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:36:46 am by Mod5 »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod5

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:51 am »
Gentlemen, please. We are better than this.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:08 am »
The ranks of forgotten Republicans are growing.

Some were forced out, such as Tim Pawlenty, a former two-term Minnesota governor who lost this week's bid for a political comeback. Some, such as the retiring Republican Sen. Bob Corker, chose to leave on their own. Others still serve, but with a muted voice.

Whether members of Congress, governors or state party leaders, they are struggling to fit into President Donald Trump's Republican Party.

The expanding list of marginalized GOP leaders underscores how thoroughly Trump has dominated — and changed — the Republican Party in the nearly two years since he seized the presidency. The overwhelming majority of elected officials, candidates and rank-and-file voters now follow the president with extraordinary loyalty, even if he strays far from the values and traditions many know and love.

The Republicans left behind are warning their party with increasing urgency, though it's unclear whether anyone's listening.

"I hope this is a very temporary place for the Republican Party," said Corker. "I hope that very soon we will return to our roots as a party that's very different, especially in tone, from what we've seen coming out of the White House."

The forgotten Republicans — people like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, South Carolina Rep. Mark Sanford and Ohio Gov. John Kasich — have been unwilling to sit quietly as Trump steers the GOP away from free trade, fiscal responsibility, consistent foreign policy and civility.
Isolation and political exile have been their rewards.

Their diminished roles leave fewer Republican leaders willing to challenge Trump under any circumstances, even in his darkest moments.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-warnings-grow-forgotten-republicans-044631823--election.html
- ---------------------------
Weenies such as Corker, Flake, Bush (any and all), Sanford, Kasich and dozens more;
are nothing more than frauds and hustlers who should be easily forgotten schmucks.
This collective assholery never knew a Principle of Conservatism; for a nano-second.
As an example, the GOP since Fremont in 1856 was protectionist every day of it's hold
on power, led by that jackass from Ohio, McKinley, who asserted that Free Trade was
a plague that would destroy our "infant industries".
A VIGOROUS PARTY OF INTEGRITY AND PRINCIPLE HAS BEEN OVERDUE FOR MORE THAN 100 YEARS!!!

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 01:49:05 am »
Now I'm thinking about the midterms...
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 01:51:37 am »
Gentlemen, please. We are better than this.
@Mod5
You think my pointing out her insanity (with admitted language) is worse than her posting her whack job conspiracy theories and sullying everyone’s religious beliefs and patriotism all over this forum?

Online corbe

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 02:24:48 am »
Now I'm thinking about the midterms...

You Inspired me @WarmPotato to new Poll Greatness heights!   (shameless plug)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,330181.0.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.