Author Topic: Nearly Half of Oregon’s Sheriffs Signed A Letter Invoking Mollie Tibbitts’ Name and Calling to  (Read 1143 times)

rangerrebew

Nearly Half of Oregon’s Sheriffs Signed A Letter Invoking Mollie Tibbitts’ Name and Calling to Repeal The State’s Sanctuary Law

The letter invokes the Tibbitts murder in Iowa to argue against Oregon's sanctuary law, despite her family's plea not to use the young woman as a political talking point.

Published 12:23 PM
    By Katie Shepherd

Nearly half of Oregon's 36 sheriffs signed on to a letter supporting an effort to repeal the state's 31-year-old sanctuary law, which bars local and state resources from being used to enforce federal immigration laws.

"The statute undermines respect for the law in significant ways," writes Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Burgin.

The letter encourages Oregonians to vote for Measure 105, which would repeal the law, in November.

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/20...sanctuary-law/

Offline skeeter

I had no idea their sanctuary policy was so old. I've know a number of people of questionable immigration status who've moved to Oregon. Maybe thats why.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I had no idea their sanctuary policy was so old. I've know a number of people of questionable immigration status who've moved to Oregon. Maybe thats why.
Everyone just assumes California is the first in these things. :shrug: