Author Topic: What Doesn’t the Cato Institute Get About “Illegal”?’  (Read 301 times)

rangerrebew

What Doesn’t the Cato Institute Get About “Illegal”?’
 By Matt O'Brien   August 23, 2018 

Less than 24 hours after Iowa law enforcement announced that Mollie Tibbetts was murdered by an illegal alien, the Cato Institute was pumping out disjointed apologetics for immigration violators. Ostensibly educating us about the goodness inherent in all illegal aliens, Cato published a piece called, “The Murder of Mollie Tibbetts and Illegal Immigrant Crime: The Facts.”

Aside from distastefully poor timing, Cato’s pompously titled piece is long on unsupported opinion but woefully light on facts. Cato analyst Alex Nowrasteh claims that politicians and border security advocates are, “using the tragic murder of Tibbetts as an argument for increasing the enforcement of immigration laws against people who aren’t charged with murder or any real crime except violating international labor market regulations (immigration laws).”  Because, “They want to convict all illegal immigrants of this murder in the court of public opinion, not just the actual murderer.”

https://immigrationreform.com/2018/08/23/what-doesnt-the-cato-institute-get-about-illegal/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm going to brag that I was blocked by Alex Nowrasteh not too long after I got on Twitter.  I was very polite, but he doesn't like questions.