Author Topic: Trump didn't owe the media a show over John McCain's death  (Read 338 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump didn't owe the media a show over John McCain's death
« on: August 30, 2018, 11:02:04 am »

Washington Examiner
by Eddie Scarry
August 30, 2018

The Washington media love superficial displays and meaningless gestures in politics, so naturally they were offended that President Trump didn’t write a poem and have a public cry about the passing of Arizona Sen. John McCain.

McCain didn’t want Trump at his funeral, he cast the critical vote to keep Obamacare intact, and in 2015 he referred to Trump’s supporters as “the crazies.”

The decent thing for anyone who would have been in Trump’s place after McCain died Saturday would be to keep your mouth shut.

Other than a Saturday tweet offering “deepest sympathies and respect” for McCain’s family, it wasn’t until Monday that the White House released an official statement wherein Trump said that despite their differences, “I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country.”

But the media prefer a fake show and were affronted that Trump didn’t instead lie and say he loved McCain like a twin brother.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/trump-didnt-owe-the-media-a-show-over-john-mccains-death
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.