Author Topic: China Is Treating Islam Like a Mental Illness  (Read 1300 times)

Offline kevindavis007

China Is Treating Islam Like a Mental Illness
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »

The country is putting Muslims in internment camps—and causing real psychological damage in the process.

One million Muslims are being held right now in Chinese internment camps, according to estimates cited by the UN and U.S. officials. Former inmates—most of whom are Uighurs, a largely Muslim ethnic minority—have told reporters that over the course of an indoctrination process lasting several months, they were forced to renounce Islam, criticize their own Islamic beliefs and those of fellow inmates, and recite Communist Party propaganda songs for hours each day. There are media reports of inmates being forced to eat pork and drink alcohol, which are forbidden to Muslims, as well as reports of torture and death.

The sheer scale of the internment camp system, which according to The Wall Street Journal has doubled in China’s northwestern Xinjiang region just within the last year, is mindboggling. The U.S. Congressional-Executive Commission on China describes it as “the largest mass incarceration of a minority population in the world today.” Beijing began by targeting Uighur extremists, but now even benign manifestations of Muslim identity—like growing a long beard—can get a Uighur sent to a camp, the Journal noted. Earlier this month, when a UN panel confronted a senior Chinese official about the camps, he said there are “no such things as reeducation centers,” even though government documents refer to the facilities that way. Instead, he claimed they’re just vocational schools for criminals.

Read More: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/08/china-pathologizing-uighur-muslims-mental-illness/568525/?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social&utm_term=2018-08-28T14%3A54%3A42

Not good. No I'm not a fan Islam, however, I happen to be a fan of people being free to worship God their own way.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: China Is Treating Islam Like a Mental Illness
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »
I happen to be a fan of people being free to worship God their own way.

Someone should inform this moron Millennial Snowflake writer that China is a Communist country and freedom of worship is the least of their peoples worries.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 12:47:01 pm »
Sounds like a reasonable response to nip a culture killing problem in the bud. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »
Image result for burkas

Why would anyone ever think of Islam as a mental illness?

Image result for hamas vests
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:23:50 pm »
Sounds like a reasonable response to nip a culture killing problem in the bud.

So you want this Government to do the same thing...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 01:30:43 pm »

They are already doing it with Conservatism in out public schools. Why not branch out and do it with something that is actually dangerous.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 01:31:30 pm »
They actually treat it as more of an anti-government movement. Think of it as a type of Cultural Revolution. Their treatment of Muslims in their country will affect their relationship with the Muslim world
Countdown to Resignation

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 01:32:58 pm »

Are you implying that is a bad thing?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 02:10:02 pm »
You all do know they are doing the very same things to Christians too, right?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 02:15:16 pm »

They are stamping out religion in a Communist country? Holy shit!!!! A low info Millennial Snowflake should write an article about it to get the word out!!!!

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 02:21:12 pm »
They are stamping out religion in a Communist country? Holy shit!!!! A low info Millennial Snowflake should write an article about it to get the word out!!!!

Some channel dead John Lennon and see if he can Imagine it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 02:41:26 pm »
Are you implying that is a bad thing?

YES IT IS!!!!!! Was it right in what FDR to the Japanese - Americans during WWII?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »

@AbaraXas

They don't care. Just as long they are doing it to the Muslims.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 02:44:29 pm »

YES IT IS!!!!!! Was it right in what FDR to the Japanese - Americans during WWII?

Hindsight is 20/20. I'm not saying I agree with what happened to the Japanese-Americans.  But I think it's a bit disingenuous to judge the people who made those decisions at the time.   It was widely believed that for years the Japanese were encouraging immigration to the US to plant their agents there.   Remember the reason the Japanese got angry with the US back in the 1920s was because we passed laws curtailing Japanese immigration to the US.  They took it as an insult.  (They were probably more angry that they felt it would curtail their potential influence in the US)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 02:54:13 pm »

@AbaraXas

They don't care. Just as long they are doing it to the Muslims.

LOL. You're a circus act. You have your panties in a wad because some mussies are getting picked on but not a GD word about the Communism that is doing it. Hilarious.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 03:05:51 pm »
LOL. You're a circus act. You have your panties in a wad because some mussies are getting picked on but not a GD word about the Communism that is doing it. Hilarious.

Or not a word about muslims systematically wiping out Christians in sub Sahara Africa for years now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:06:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 03:53:57 pm »

Yes, it was absolutely right during WWII

It was partly to protect them from very angry Americans, since those dirty Japs sneak attacked Pearl Harbor, killing civilians.

We ALSO interned some Italians and Germans.

Japs on the mainland were suspected of being subversives, and some WERE discovered.

West coast cities had blackouts, and harbors had submarine nets. The war effort was all out, total. Fears those dirty Japs would sneak attack the mainland.

They DID sneak attacks, shelling Elwood near Goleta CA and a location in Oregon. They also sent explosives on balloons, to drift all over the Western continent,

I get that a SJW education these days teaches feelings. But back then we had enough smarts left, to try to win the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Ellwood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Fort_Stevens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

If you didn't get all the facts at your Jane Fonda U.  SJW univsity. Kevin, you should ask for an education refund.

My guess is the Chinese goverrnment intends winning, not playing multicultural feel good games, and losing.

I xpect those Chinese muslims fully intend on waging violent jihad killing infidels and mutilating their females' genitals if they canget away ith it.

IOW full strenth Islam.@kevindavis

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 04:02:53 pm »

Better safe than sorry is my motto.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 04:13:14 pm »
. . . China is a Communist country and freedom of worship is the least of their peoples worries.

Spoken like a true secularist.  For the pious believer in any religion, absence of freedom of worship is a greater worry than absence of freedom of movement,
lack of food, lack of shelter,. . . (Read the lives of the Christian martyrs during the Roman persecutions, Islamic persecutions, Bolshevik persecutions. . . to see what
I mean.  Want a non-Christian example?  Read the Books of the Maccabees -- yes, only Orthodox and Latin Christians have them in their Bibles, but they were
written by Jews about Jews facing lack of freedom of worship under the pagan Selucids.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 04:27:07 pm »
Spoken like a true secularist.  For the pious believer in any religion, absence of freedom of worship is a greater worry than absence of freedom of movement,
lack of food, lack of shelter,. . .

Excellent. Then we can just do a bible drop for the slave camps in North Korea and all will be good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 10:26:38 pm »
Title:
"China Is Treating Islam Like a Mental Illness..."

Well...
It IS.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 10:30:26 pm »
The Ghost wrote:
"Sounds like a reasonable response to nip a culture killing problem in the bud."

And kevindavis replied:
"So you want this Government to do the same thing..."

YES.
I say that unequivocally and with full understanding of what it would entail.

islam is a cancer upon the earth, upon freedom-loving people everywhere.
What is normally done with medical cancers?

If you don't like that...
...sorry. I ain't changin' my mind.

Offline darroll

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 10:32:18 pm »

The Japanese were ready to sabotage America.