Author Topic: 10 Senate Republicans Just Tried To Entrench Obamacare’s Taxes On Health  (Read 430 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Earlier this month, I wrote about how when Republicans talk about the “need to govern,” they normally mean the “need to govern like liberals.” Last week, a group of ten Senate Republicans perfectly illustrated that axiom.

The Republicans, led by Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC), introduced “legislation to protect Americans with pre-existing conditions.” Their bill would codify as part of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements that insurers accept all applicants, regardless of health, and do not vary premiums based upon health conditions.

Those provisions already exist in law. Congress enacted them in 2010 as part of Obamacare. However, a pending lawsuit could result in federal courts striking down all of the 2010 law. (While I support Congress repealing Obamacare, I have previously outlined my disagreement with the legal reasoning behind the suit.)

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/28/10-senate-republicans-just-tried-entrench-obamacares-taxes-health/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:40:22 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Just so the senators are properly ID'ed

To amend the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
llllllllll
Mr. TILLIS (for himself, Mr. ALEXANDER, Mr. GRASSLEY, Mrs. ERNST, Ms. MURKOWSKI, Mr. CASSIDY, Mr. WICKER, Mr. GRAHAM, Mr. HELLER, and Mr. BARRASSO) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on llllllllll
115TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Just so the senators are properly ID'ed

To amend the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
llllllllll
Mr. TILLIS (for himself, Mr. ALEXANDER, Mr. GRASSLEY, Mrs. ERNST, Ms. MURKOWSKI, Mr. CASSIDY, Mr. WICKER, Mr. GRAHAM, Mr. HELLER, and Mr. BARRASSO) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on llllllllll
115TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION

I'm disappointed in my Senator, Grassley. He's been doing pretty well that last few years.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This is why I laugh my ass off at those who lecture the rest of us about how we need to 'vote for more Republicans' and not abandon the party and thus make ourselves 'irrelevant'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is why I laugh my ass off at those who lecture the rest of us about how we need to 'vote for more Republicans' and not abandon the party and thus make ourselves 'irrelevant'.

Fear not.  We laugh our ass off at you on most of your daily screeds.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fear not.  We laugh our ass off at you on most of your daily screeds.

Yeah, but you are not stuck having to vote for me because the alternative is worse, and then you get worse anyway because what you voted for turns out to be the same thing you were trying to avoid.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775