Author Topic: Trump privately rekindles idea of firing Jeff Sessions  (Read 672 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump privately rekindles idea of firing Jeff Sessions
« on: August 29, 2018, 01:37:18 am »

Washington Examiner
by Katelyn Caralle
August 28, 2018

President Trump privately reupped the idea of firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions this month with his aides and personal lawyers, according to a new report.

Trump’s attorneys persuaded him to back off while special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation continues, three anonymous sources told the Washington Post, but the president has still issued several public attacks on Sessions.

Senate Republicans have warned Trump that they do not feel they would be able to confirm another attorney general should he fire Sessions. However, some lawmakers have seemed to warm to the idea.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-privately-rekindles-idea-of-firing-jeff-sessions-report
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Trump privately rekindles idea of firing Jeff Sessions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 01:41:45 am »
Sessions pushed back on the idea of being ousted by the end of the month stating as a reason, "I have nearly achieved my highest Tetris score ever and I cannot transfer the game to my home computer."

No word yet as to whether or not the Trump administration will take this situation under consideration.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 01:42:48 am »
Do it and get it over with...on Nov 7th..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:44:56 am »
Washington Examiner
by Katelyn Caralle
August 28, 2018

President Trump privately reupped the idea of firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions this month with his aides and personal lawyers, according to a new report.

Trump’s attorneys persuaded him to back off while special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation continues, three anonymous sources told the Washington Post, but the president has still issued several public attacks on Sessions.

Senate Republicans have warned Trump that they do not feel they would be able to confirm another attorney general should he fire Sessions. However, some lawmakers have seemed to warm to the idea.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-privately-rekindles-idea-of-firing-jeff-sessions-report

"...three anonymous sources told the Washington Post"    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:53:31 am »

"...three anonymous sources told the Washington Post"    :whistle:

Yep. I saw that too. It looks like just more psyops to prod Sessions to resign. Or maybe it is real? Hard to know for sure.

One thing we know is that not having a replacement for Sessions is irrelevant. Sessions is already an absentee employee now. So having his office vacant will be the same or better than things are now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 03:35:27 am »
Talk and rumors about Trump firing Sessions has been going on for months ... I'm doubtful that it's going to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 08:15:10 am »
NOOOOOO!

You can't fire Yoda!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!