Author Topic: 14 Things You Shouldn't Say to Someone Who's Trying to Lose Weight  (Read 317 times)

rangerrebew

14 Things You Shouldn't Say to Someone Who's Trying to Lose Weight

Don't ask how much they're trying to lose or advise them it's OK to cheat.
By Ruben Castaneda, Staff Writer Aug. 27, 2018, at 12:31 p.m.

Commenting on someone's weight-loss regimen can be tricky.

It's natural to want to say something supportive to someone you know who's trying to lose weight. Many people at some point want to shed some pounds, whether it's to get in shape for the summer swimsuit season or because their doctor told them they're prediabetic and need to lose weight. But while it's easy to empathize with a dieter and offering support is generally a positive thing, saying the right thing can be challenging. "People tend to have better weight-loss results when they get support from important people in their lives," says Leslie Heinberg, director of behavioral services for the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute and vice chair for psychology, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology at the Cleveland Clinic. "However, what to say – and what not to – can be tricky when you're trying to help someone change their lifestyle." Here are 14 things Heinberg and other experts advise against saying to someone who's dieting:

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/slideshows/14-things-you-shouldnt-say-to-someone-whos-trying-to-lose-weight?onepage

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: 14 Things You Shouldn't Say to Someone Who's Trying to Lose Weight
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 01:06:39 pm »
#15. I'm having an all you can eat beer and BBQ party this weekend and you're invited.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: 14 Things You Shouldn't Say to Someone Who's Trying to Lose Weight
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 01:12:07 pm »
A fat woman clip-clopped into the store today.

How dare you say that to my face!
"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has a half a tank of gas!"

You'll be hearing from my attorney!"
"Is that the law offices of Haagen and Dazs?"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.