Author Topic: Michael Cohen's Lawyer Lanny Davis is on the payroll of a Putin ally  (Read 968 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CONSERVATIVE REVIEW

URL: https://www.conservativereview.com/news/michael-cohen-attorney-lanny-davis-is-on-the-payroll-of-a-putin-ally/

by Jordan Schachtel ·

Lanny Davis, the longtime Clinton confidant who is also the attorney for former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, is on the payroll of a pro-Moscow Ukrainian oligarch with direct ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

According to Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) records reviewed by Conservative Review, Davis is an active registered foreign agent for Ukrainian billionaire Dmytro Firtash. A review of his social media records shows that Davis has never tweeted about his Ukrainian client, seemingly preferring to advocate quietly for Firtash, who faces enormous legal issues in courtrooms across the world.

Firtash’s ties to Putin have been exposed in several investigate reports. Moreover, the Ukrainian’s deeply corrupt business practices have put him on the radar of U.S. authorities, who are currently demanding his extradition to Chicago to face bribery charges.

Firtash, like many oligarchs tied to Moscow, owes much of his financial success to the Putin regime. Over the course of his business career, Firtash has secured sweetheart deals with major Russian state-owned energy companies, which filled the Ukrainian’s pockets with billions of dollars. The investment into Firtash paid off big-time, from a geopolitical perspective. He played an integral role in securing victory in the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election for Russian puppet Viktor Yanukovych. Following a popular uprising in 2014, Yanukovych fled the country. He now lives in exile in Russia.

Lanny Davis has been the principle lobbyist for Mr. Firtash since at least June 2014, which, notably, is just a few months after Yanukovych was thrown out of office. During that time period, Davis was earning $60,000 per month from Firtash. That number was expected to be boosted to $80,000 per month, plus expenses (around one million dollars per year), when Davis re-registered as Firtash’s chief lobbyist in 2016. That contract remains active to this day.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link ...

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Michael Cohen's Lawyer Lanny Davis is on the payroll of a Putin ally
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 11:53:22 pm »
READ THIS WIKILEAKS EMAIL EXCHANGE BETWEEN HILLARY CLINTON AND LANNY DAVIS:

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/29602?platform=hootsuiteSubject:

Subject: PERSONAL - A PERSONAL FAVOR

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 12:16:13 am »
READ THIS WIKILEAKS EMAIL EXCHANGE BETWEEN HILLARY CLINTON AND LANNY DAVIS:

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/29602?platform=hootsuiteSubject:

Subject: PERSONAL - A PERSONAL FAVOR
Good gracious he sounds like a sniveling little weasel in that email
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 04:56:15 am »
Good gracious he sounds like a sniveling little weasel in that email

You just can't make this stuff up.  Lawyer with connections to Clintons and Trump.  Amarosa, Lanny Davis, Cohen............... and insert Russia.

****sheep****  :facepalm2:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:56:26 pm »
To all the Trump can do no wrong people I would say he knew enough to have the hush payments made.  If you were out in the open about who you were and didn't think it would affect the election why would you pay off the whores? 

All the lying Ted stuff.  He has a closet full of lies.  How do you trust a person like that?

Oh, we aren't hiring a saint....blah, blah, blah.  We are hiring a pathological liar that we don't know what is in his closet of lies.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:02:57 pm »

*oops, wrong Cohen.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 02:49:37 am »
To all the Trump can do no wrong people I would say he knew enough to have the hush payments made.  If you were out in the open about who you were and didn't think it would affect the election why would you pay off the whores? 

Almost everyone agrees that:

1) He slept with both Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal.

2) It happened 13 years ago.

3) He paid them hush money to keep quiet during the campaign.

Nobody thinks Trump is a saint ( anyone who thinks that is hopelessly naive ).

The RELEVANT questions are these:

1) Did he violate campaign finance laws when he paid them hush money?

2) What do these have to do with Russia?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:50:10 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:40 am »

And I ask if it was known that we weren't expecting Trump to be a saint why did he need to pay hush money?  I will tell you.  Because he knew that he would loose voters.  To me it makes it even worse because things like these always make their way to the surface.  How many other secrets does he have?  How many scandals will we have to endure during his presidency.  Will he be another slick willy?  Sex at the White House?  Slick Willy, Sleezy Trump.

He knew so he paid off the whores.  That's the story.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 10:22:56 am »
Is the purpose of the Mueller investigation to prove that Trump Is an immoral rascal? Or is it to find Russian collusion?

I personally am not going to want more tax payer dollars to prove the former.

If all Mueller can do is tell us that he committed adultery, then it's time to wrap it up. He wasn't assigned to do that with our tax dollars.

As for the 2016 elections, we all had 4 choices:

Hillary
Trump
A third candidate
Stay home.

I did not vote for Trump out of any admiration for his personality, but for his stated policies. The alternative would have been worse.

But back to Mueller, why is he investigating Stormy Daniels? What does this have to do with Russia?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:24:34 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 02:31:50 pm »

Good summation, @SirLinksALot

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 05:27:02 pm »

*oops, wrong Cohen.

Hey, @corbe   Get back on the Texas thread and help me defeat @Frank Cannon instead of posting absolute nonsense here.

But, about the subject,  I saw Alan Dershowitz being interviewed on Fox this morning and he was pretty funny about Lanny.  One line I liked was, "It's okay to sing, but not to compose."

Apparently Lanny has done both all his life.  Pretty disgraceful that the purveyor of all this (CNN) has refused to take back their story even after Lanny admitted it was a lie.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 05:32:38 pm »
Michael Cohen's Lawyer Lanny Davis is on the payroll of a Putin ally

I'm {{{{{{{{{SHOCKED}}}}}}}}} /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 05:37:22 pm »
  Unfortunately, @Emjay I have a Dr.'s Backup server down and I have to drive over there to press F1 to continue for $75.00. He always gives me Ocktoberfest tickets w/ beer coupons (C of C guy), so somewhat obligated.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:58 pm »
   Just tell Frank Putin has higher approval ratings in Texas than does Trump.  Cruz should invite The Russian Oligarch to campaign with him.

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 07:36:18 pm »
Just more corruption from the left. Is anyone shocked by this?

Anyone?

I didn't think so.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »
Just more corruption from the left. Is anyone shocked by this?

Anyone?

I didn't think so.

Hey, welcome @LetsTalk!