Author Topic: John McCain's lasting legacy: Articles about John McCain  (Read 641 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John McCain's lasting legacy: Articles about John McCain
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:06 am »
John McCain's lasting legacy: Articles about John McCain
American Thinker, Aug 28, 2018, Ed Straker

Right now the inert corpse of Senator McCain is being used like an ice pick wielded by an insane serial killer to stab at President Trump. Liberals' love of Senator McCain, and now, for the first time, the American flag, is never greater when they can use both to attack the President.

Like all of you reading this, I felt deep emotion at the news of John McCain's passing. While an unreliably Republican senator, one of the very worst, actually, we are always required to qualify his rotten record with the fact that he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam, as if one career insulates the other of criticism.

Perhaps John McCain's biggest legacy, though, is the avalanche of articles about John McCain. It feels like we're living through the death of Mao in China, with non-stop, wall-to-wall coverage. Is the flag up? Is the flag down? When did it go up? When did it go down? What does Meghan McCain think? What does Cindy think? What is Melania wearing, and what does it secretly say about John McCain?  What did President Trump say about John McCain? What didn't President Trump say about John McCain? What does President Trump's body language say about John McCain? What does a handwriting analyst have to say about President Trump's signature on the proclamation about John McCain?

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/john_mccains_lasting_legacy_articles_about_john_mccain.html

Silver Pines

Re: John McCain's lasting legacy: Articles about John McCain
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:36:06 am »
“Right now the inert corpse of Senator McCain is being used like an ice pick wielded by an insane serial killer to stab at President Trump.”

That first sentence let me know the rest is garbage not worth spitting on.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:47:59 pm »
Death becomes him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:56:32 pm »
Benedict Arnold was Washington's leading general - and a traitor.  Still, we see articles about him, too. tri22

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 12:57:24 pm »
What exactly did McCain ever accomplish as a Senator, outside of being a media darling (with the exception in 2008)?  There was nothing special about him.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 01:19:07 pm »
What exactly did McCain ever accomplish as a Senator, outside of being a media darling (with the exception in 2008)?  There was nothing special about him.

John Sidney McCain III is a man who lived his entire life haunted by the knowledge that he would have wound up selling used cars for a living but for his father and grandfather.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 04:17:05 pm »
“Right now the inert corpse of Senator McCain is being used like an ice pick wielded by an insane serial killer to stab at President Trump.”

That first sentence let me know the rest is garbage not worth spitting on.

I didn't realize you were that much of a McCain fan.  Sorry for any comments I have made that may have offended....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 05:22:38 pm »
I didn't realize you were that much of a McCain fan.  Sorry for any comments I have made that may have offended....

@Cyber Liberty

Oh, just freaking stop.  I was referring to the Trump lovers’ eagerness to turn even a dead man into an attack on their precious.

Just last night I posted to you that a person could dig for a long time and not find me complimenting McCain.  So today you’re adapting the Trumpist method of seeing what you want to see and, in this case, calling me a liar.  You can step the hell right off.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 05:25:38 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Oh, just freaking stop.  I was referring to the Trump lovers’ eagerness to turn even a dead man into an attack on their precious.

Just last night I posted to you that a person could dig for a long time and not find me complimenting McCain.  So today you’re adapting the Trumpist method of seeing what you want to see and, in this case, calling me a liar.  You can step the hell right off.

OK, stepped off.  I get your drift about the Trump ice pick.  McCain has been more like a blunt instrument against everything I have held dear.

(Please don't call me a Trumpist.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 05:27:08 pm »
He's Man's man, isn't he? 

The wife John McCain callously left behind

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien