Author Topic: Pallbearers, speakers announced for McCain's DC memorial service and Capitol ceremony  (Read 1768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pallbearers, speakers announced for McCain's DC memorial service and Capitol ceremony
By Emily Birnbaum - 08/27/18 08:07 PM EDT

The pallbearers and speakers who will participate in the late Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) memorial service and a ceremony at the Capitol this upcoming weekend have been announced.

McCain was lauded throughout his life for maintaining friendships and striking deals across the aisle, and the ceremonies commemorating his life reflect that disposition.

The pallbearers, who will help carry his coffin at the Washington National Cathedral memorial service on Saturday afternoon, include actor Warren Beatty, former Vice President Biden, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.), former Sen. Gary Hart (D-Colo.), former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R), McCain's former chief of staff Mark Salter, founder and president of FedEx Fred Smith, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Vice Chairman of Open Russia Vladimir Kara-Murza, longtime fundraiser Carla Eudy, businessman Stephen Dart and former McCain presidential campaign manager Richard Davis.

Each of the pallbearers is listed as a "friend" of McCain's in a schedule of events shared by the senator's office.

Tributes and readings will be offered by former President George Bush, former President Barack Obama, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, former Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.) and former Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), as well as several family members. All those who are not family members are listed as friends of McCain's as well.

The former GOP presidential nominee is scheduled to lie in state at the Capitol on Friday, an honor that has been granted to only 30 public figures in U.S. history. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.), and Vice President Pence are slated to make remarks at the ceremony.

President Trump is not scheduled to speak at any of the events honoring McCain.

He also will not be attending McCain's funeral on Sunday, though the president said in a statement on Monday that he is sending administration officials in his place, including White House chief of staff John Kelly, national security adviser John Bolton and Defense Secretary James Mattis.

McCain died on Saturday evening after a yearlong battle with an aggressive form on brain cancer. He reportedly did not invite Trump, with whom he had a fraught relationship, to his funeral.

McCain will also lie in state in the Arizona State Capitol earlier in the week.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/403893-pallbearers-speakers-announced-for-mccains-dc-memorial-service-and-capitol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The pallbearers, who will help carry his coffin at the Washington National Cathedral memorial service on Saturday afternoon, include actor Warren Beatty, former Vice President Biden, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.), former Sen. Gary Hart (D-Colo.), former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R)

Hope they don't drop him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

As if you needed any more proof that McCain was no Republican.

Offline Axeslinger

Boy, no kidding!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline dfwgator

No other members of The Keating Five?

Offline dfwgator

Boy, no kidding!

Will Wellstone's kid make a speech?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No other members of The Keating Five?

John Glenn could not be reached for comment.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What a circus.  Only one missing is Michael Moore.

Vice Chairman of Open Russia Vladimir Kara-Murza

Who the hell is this?

Online libertybele

Exactly.  Predominately liberal leftists.  There should be no doubt of his RINO status.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

What a circus.  Only one missing is Michael Moore.

With apologies to Andrew Lloyd Webber:

Oh what a circus! Oh what a show!
Washington has gone to town
Over the death of an senator called John McCain
We’ve all gone crazy
Mourning all day and mourning all night
Falling over ourselves to get all, of the misery right

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who the hell is this?

Collusion......paging Robert Mueller...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

Who the hell is this?

Not to worry, one of McCain's buddies.  You should know better than to question liberals.  If anything is said then that person will be accused of being anti-McCain and being disrespectful to a war hero(?).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. What a shitshow of every Establishment piece of filth you can think of. Gary Hart? Good God.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
LOL. What a shitshow of every Establishment piece of filth you can think of. Gary Hart? Good God.

Monkey Business.

Offline dfwgator

Monkey Business.

I just remember the Rush Limbaugh song.. "Hello Donna Rice....Goodbye, Hart...."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hope they don't drop him.

@The Ghost

Dropping him was the first thing that popped into my mind when I started reading the names. Warren Beatty must me close to 90,and have trouble carrying his dentures. Biden isn't much better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

@The Ghost

Dropping him was the first thing that popped into my mind when I started reading the names.

Just like the Ayatollah.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who the hell is this?

@Right_in_Virginia

Obviously someone from Russia who used McLunatics connections to make money and buy influence for Russia.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

@The Ghost

Dropping him was the first thing that popped into my mind when I started reading the names. Warren Beatty must me close to 90,and have trouble carrying his dentures. Biden isn't much better.

Just like the Ayatollah.

It would be a perfect punctuation mark to his career.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@The Ghost

I think his military honor guard will do the heavy lifting..the named pallbearers will just follow behind the casket
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just like the Ayatollah.

I need to google that cause I just don't remember that...
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

I need to google that cause I just don't remember that...

It was hilarious.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:43:06 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It was hilarious.

Ted Nugents Free For All should be the theme music

! No longer available
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.