Author Topic: People who see men and women as fundamentally different are more likely to accept workplace discrimi  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

People who see men and women as fundamentally different are more likely to accept workplace discrimination
August 27, 2018 by Cordelia Fine And Nick Haslam, The Conversation

How should people who care about gender equality in the workplace argue their case? The most popular approach is to make the "business case" argument: that greater inclusion of women enhances profits and performance.

Unfortunately, the business case argument often draws on a "gender essentialist" view. This holds that women are fundamentally, immutably and naturally different from men. The inclusion of women benefits the organisation, it suggests, because women bring uniquely female skills and perspectives that complement those of men.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-08-people-men-women-fundamentally-workplace.html#jCp

Offline dfwgator

rangerrebew

The only "SCIENCE" in this is the  backhand approach to say liberals are more tolerant than conservatives. ***hair on fire

Offline dfwgator

Gender denial is such an ugly thing.

Why are liberals so anti-science?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My eyes can 'see' there are differences between the two.

Why deny my eyes?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You can't fix stupid. You just wrap it in a cloak and call it academia.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.