Author Topic: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge  (Read 11170 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2018, 01:50:06 pm »

Only $5.69 on Amazon....     *****rollingeyes*****

I'm glad you're able to get such a good deal on them.  That kind of stuff is important to have when you're a flaming ass....

Or is that for when your ass is flaming?

I always get that mixed up.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:50:38 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »

And people here are perfectly ok with that.

@txradioguy
Oh, believe me brother, you're preaching to the choir.
I know every damnable bit of it, and so does anyone else who springs from Goldwater/Reagan.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2018, 05:16:29 pm »

The hard core base that supports Trump like him because he's a bully and it in turn allows them to release their inner bully.

They don't care that he's not Conservative...they don't care how much he's donated to the Clintons...Obama or that his "good friend" is Chuck Schumer...he's getting "revenge" for them and they will follow him over the cliff if necessary.

And anyone who tries to point out anything even the slightest bit negative or dares to criticize a policy that is to the left of a Liberal is threatened...bullied...smeared and now...offered up as a sacrifice in this asinine suggestion of a purge.

Schlichter wants a modern version of Operation Hummingbird.

And people here are perfectly ok with that.

Folks on both sides need to stop tending to their wounded egos and work together for the common good.   Schlichter's an alt-right fascist bleep who wants me purged from the party,  but I don't have to listen to him.  What I know is that the good news of this economy comes screeching to a halt if the GOP loses Congress, and that matters a helluva lot more to me than seeing idiots like Schlichter get their comeuppance.   

I will not cut off my nose to spite my face.   That is the path that too many of us,  Trumpers and anti-Trumpers alike, seem willing to take.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2018, 05:22:31 pm »
Folks on both sides need to stop tending to their wounded egos and work together for the common good. 
[...]
I will not cut off my nose to spite my face.   That is the path that too many of us,  Trumpers and anti-Trumpers alike, seem willing to take.

That ain't it, @Jazzhead . Where I am coming from is the bare fact that principle things NEED to be observed, NEED to be implemented, or one is just rearranging deck chairs. I am not interested in prolonging a faux fix that is temporary at best, not to mention cheer it on.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2018, 05:36:11 pm »
Folks on both sides need to stop tending to their wounded egos and work together for the common good.   

The Republican party and I no longer have anything in common to work together for.  They are now indifferent or hostile to everything I am beholden and believe is necessary for liberty to endure and be maintained.

They can go their own way, as I go mine.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2018, 05:58:37 pm »
That ain't it, @Jazzhead . Where I am coming from is the bare fact that principle things NEED to be observed, NEED to be implemented, or one is just rearranging deck chairs. I am not interested in prolonging a faux fix that is temporary at best, not to mention cheer it on.

He's right, @roamer_1.  And, "common good" doesn't necessarily mean the R party.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2018, 06:00:31 pm »
The Republican party and I no longer have anything in common to work together for.  They are now indifferent or hostile to everything I am beholden and believe is necessary for liberty to endure and be maintained.

You're a broken record, INVAR   We know you are indifferent to whether the Dems take Congress; indeed you may well be cheering for them to do so.   There is a certain nihilist mindset that welcomes misery and disaster as a change agent.

But most of us here understand, or should, what is at stake if the Dems bring their peculiar circus to town.  For those who appreciate that elections have consequences, to our pocketbooks and to our freedoms,  I urge the sublimation of egos to the goal of the common good.       

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2018, 06:01:43 pm »

So then....if you're not planning on supporting GOP candidates with your vote, WTF are you doing here except to sow discord?

Or, are you planning on the Democrat Party to endure and maintain your liberty?

Your crowd went nuts when I suggested back in the Summer of 2015 that if they still continued the same POV after the election, you would be nothing short of a forum anarchist.

I wasn't calling for censorship of your views.   Was merely stating an opinion.  An opinion that stands today.

You offer no pragmatic solutions to anything.   You're a dangerous zealot.  You give Conservatives a bad name.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2018, 06:04:04 pm »
He's right, @roamer_1.  And, "common good" doesn't necessarily mean the R party.

No, @Sanguine , he is not. It is not a matter of ego at all. It is nearly mechanical. What is happening is not addressing the problem. If your mechanic tells you that replacing your headlights is going to fix the vicious knocking coming from your motor, you're not going to believe him, nor support his theory, on its face.

'Common good' is not being served.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2018, 06:09:24 pm »
No, @Sanguine , he is not. It is not a matter of ego at all. It is nearly mechanical. What is happening is not addressing the problem. If your mechanic tells you that replacing your headlights is going to fix the vicious knocking coming from your motor, you're not going to believe him, nor support his theory, on its face.

That's what I said.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2018, 06:10:11 pm »

Living out there in the wilderness my friend has not been that good for you.

Somebody needs to put a sack over your head, tie you up and de-program your ass.

:patriot:         333cleo           :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2018, 06:12:50 pm »
We still haven't decided what pie we should have to represent us and we are still talking about purging?

This is madness.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2018, 06:18:11 pm »
Living out there in the wilderness my friend has not been that good for you.
Somebody needs to put a sack over your head, tie you up and de-program your ass.

Won't do a damn bit of good @DCPatriot . What works, works.
And I would submit that your statement is quite the other way around.
Simple systems work the best.
Start from the basics, and those basics are the principles of Conservatism. If you are not doing those things, the problem is in fact, foundational. Whatever you are doing on top of that is simply not going to work.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2018, 06:22:52 pm »

And right on cue the last couple pages from Animal Farm come to life in your words.  Can't tell the Trump fan boi's apart from the Progressives because they both are advocating for the same thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2018, 06:25:56 pm »
Won't do a damn bit of good @DCPatriot . What works, works.
And I would submit that your statement is quite the other way around.
Simple systems work the best.
Start from the basics, and those basics are the principles of Conservatism. If you are not doing those things, the problem is in fact, foundational. Whatever you are doing on top of that is simply not going to work.

My Conservatism works very well.

It's working right now.  Less government intrusion.  Lowest tax rates possible to stimulate business expansion.  SCOTUS of Constitutionalists.   

What makes yours better than mine?   

Please explain?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2018, 06:27:42 pm »
Sorry, @roamer_1, I didn't mean to be involved in a pile-on. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2018, 06:29:11 pm »
And right on cue the last couple pages from Animal Farm come to life in your words.  Can't tell the Trump fan boi's apart from the Progressives because they both are advocating for the same thing.

Ah...right on cue, my adorable stalker shows up.

You actually think I was advocating violence in my post, @txradioguy ?  Are you seriously that demented?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:41:57 pm by MOD8 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2018, 06:32:07 pm »
You're a broken record, INVAR   We know you are indifferent to whether the Dems take Congress

Since the Republican Party has governed like Democrats since given their majority - I'd say the fruits justify that assertion.  In fact, they have outspent Democrats in the deficit and debt department as well as increasing funding for every single Democrat agenda-item of importance while reneging in promises they made to their base to get elected.

Representative John Yarmuth of Kentucky, the top Democrat on the House Budget Committee, noted that the budget deal “meets nearly every one of our priorities.”

...indeed you may well be cheering for them to do so.   

I don't care, because I do not find any difference between them except to whom they are beholden to in terms of funneling funds and appeasing.

There is a certain nihilist mindset that welcomes misery and disaster as a change agent.

It's God's mindset towards a people who demand their own way apart from His:

since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord. Since they would not accept advice and spurned rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.  For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:29-31

For those who appreciate that elections have consequences, to our pocketbooks and to our freedoms,  I urge the sublimation of egos to the goal of the common good.     

I'm no longer moved by those exact same words uttered in every election with increasing fervor by Republican party hacks since Dole.  The GOP has proven that electing them to power DOES have consequences in that they will spend and govern like Democrats while holding the Conservatives they pander for votes from in contempt for daring to be being outraged at their refusal to do as promised.

Go, eat the fruit of your own way - and I will do the same.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2018, 06:59:07 pm »
We still haven't decided what pie we should have to represent us and we are still talking about purging?

This is madness.
Extra  credit given for word counts, repetition, etc. Also victimhood.

But above all, virtue signaling.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2018, 07:04:16 pm »
Welcome toTBR @jafo2010

I'm hoping there are a few million more out there like you.   I saw the light in 1972.

There was a blue collar caller who got through on Rush’s show today. An electrician and 30-year democrat voter who finally got fed up with the Democrats and their lies, and their strong-arm lock on union workers.

He said this time he voted for Trump and then proceeded to heap praise on the president as a strong and capable leader, even calling Trump the General Patton of politics!

Trump’s voters span the political spectrum and that’s why November will be a red wave election, and also why Trump will win re-election 2020, on the votes of the forgotten men and women of America.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »

Clearly you wrote that post while looking in a mirror.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2018, 07:09:29 pm »

Nailed it, @truth_seeker !   :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2018, 07:21:45 pm »
My Conservatism works very well.

It's working right now.  Less government intrusion.  Lowest tax rates possible to stimulate business expansion.  SCOTUS of Constitutionalists.   

What makes yours better than mine?   

Please explain?

@DCPatriot
LESS government? Where? I still see an overweening federal behemoth, growing every day.
It's a good point. Until the precepts of federalism are enacted, nothing is stopping this feral federal beast. Conservatism starts in civil libertarianism. Foremost, this federal government is our enemy

Lower taxes? What good is that without lower spending? All you are doing is making our grandchildren pay for what you will not. Fiscal conservative principles necessarily dictate BOTH.

'SCOTUS of Constitutionalists' is nothing more than a brag at this time. You will have to show me that in action.

All of Conservatism's unmoving principles have to be applied together. otherwise you have nothing. You fix nothing,

You cannot have small government and a progressive high spending fed, 3000 miles away.
You cannot have small government without giving real power to states and counties.
You cannot solve progressivism without addressing moral turpitude.
You cannot have a just military without just cause.
you cannot have civil-libertarianism without a good and moral people.

All of it. Together. or none of it works.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2018, 07:36:11 pm »

It is not just the Trump fan bois.   To proclaim one's indifference to the Democratic and Republican parties,  because neither is "pure" enough, is the height of egotism.    No man is an island, and neither is a political ideology.   To make any headway in the real world, conservatives must form coalitions with the like-minded, or similarly minded, and accept incremental progress.   Roamer just wants to sit out in his wilderness and proclaim from his computer from time to time how morally superior he is to the rest of us stuck doing the heavy lifting.   

Well, I for one could care less what he says;  he's disqualified himself by not willing to be part of any solution.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2018, 07:37:28 pm »
So then....if you're not planning on supporting GOP candidates with your vote, WTF are you doing here except to sow discord?

Or, are you planning on the Democrat Party to endure and maintain your liberty?

Your crowd went nuts when I suggested back in the Summer of 2015 that if they still continued the same POV after the election, you would be nothing short of a forum anarchist.

I wasn't calling for censorship of your views.   Was merely stating an opinion.  An opinion that stands today.

You offer no pragmatic solutions to anything.   You're a dangerous zealot.  You give Conservatives a bad name.

Well stated,  @DCPatriot  If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.