Author Topic: Swalwell: We don't have enough evidence to impeach Trump  (Read 609 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Swalwell: We don't have enough evidence to impeach Trump
« on: August 26, 2018, 03:19:10 pm »
By Lydia Wheeler - 08/26/18 10:03 AM EDT

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) said Sunday there is not enough evidence yet to bring impeachment proceedings against President Trump.

On ABC’s "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," Swalwell said Trump is not above the law, but Democrats don’t have enough evidence yet to say that he has committed a high crime and misdemeanor.

“We don’t want to be as reckless with the facts as he is,” he said. “I think having thorough investigations, putting forth an impenetrable case, doing it in a bipartisan way is the proper way to do this, but we’re not there yet.”

Last week, President Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to tax fraud and violating campaign finance laws “in coordinating and at the direction of a candidate for federal office,” indirectly referring to Trump.

“The best thing we can do is promise the American people if we are given the majority we will conduct the investigations Republicans are unwilling to conduct, including this campaign finance violation, including the questions around his contacts with the Russians and including his tax returns, which the American people have not seen but I promise a Democratic majority will ensure they do see,” Swalwell said on Sunday.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/403664-swalwell-we-dont-have-enough-evidence-to-impeach-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Swalwell: We don't have enough evidence to impeach Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 04:39:52 pm »
Notice he says "we're not there yet."

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 04:53:35 pm »
How very Stalin of him. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Criminalizing politics will not
end well for our country.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 05:11:52 pm »
How very Stalin of him. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Criminalizing politics will not
end well for our country.

Swalwell is one of the most disgusting politicians ever. His insinuations and sleazy attacks are outrageous. He gives me the creeps.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 07:35:09 pm »
By Lydia Wheeler - 08/26/18 10:03 AM EDT

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) said Sunday there is not enough evidence yet to bring impeachment proceedings against President Trump.

On ABC’s "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," Swalwell said Trump is not above the law, but Democrats don’t have enough evidence yet to say that he has committed a high crime and misdemeanor.

“We don’t want to be as reckless with the facts as he is,” he said. “I think having thorough investigations, putting forth an impenetrable case, doing it in a bipartisan way is the proper way to do this, but we’re not there yet.”

Last week, President Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to tax fraud and violating campaign finance laws “in coordinating and at the direction of a candidate for federal office,” indirectly referring to Trump.

“The best thing we can do is promise the American people if we are given the majority we will conduct the investigations Republicans are unwilling to conduct, including this campaign finance violation, including the questions around his contacts with the Russians and including his tax returns, which the American people have not seen but I promise a Democratic majority will ensure they do see,” Swalwell said on Sunday.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/403664-swalwell-we-dont-have-enough-evidence-to-impeach-trump

...and there you have it ... the agenda that the DEMS will run on is that they promise to impeach 45!  That's all they have.  IF they were truly paying attention to the current investigation(s) and acknowledging what was  going on, all fingers would be pointing at Hillary.  Their campaign promise should be to finally put away one of the most destructive people ever to the DEM party; Hillary!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 07:55:38 pm »
...and there you have it ... the agenda that the DEMS will run on is that they promise to impeach 45!  That's all they have.  IF they were truly paying attention to the current investigation(s) and acknowledging what was  going on, all fingers would be pointing at Hillary.  Their campaign promise should be to finally put away one of the most destructive people ever to the DEM party; Hillary!

Yep.  And it would be unmitigated gall to run on such a platform.  But, hey, the dems have unmitigated gall. 

All they have to show for their running of the country are Obama, Hillary, and Bill.  Crooks and losers all. I'm not sure what they think they have on Trump, but if it's sexual peccadilloes, they might want to be careful.

They do not have an innocent democrat to point to in that regard, unless they want to go back to Harry Truman.

LBJ was a notorious hound dog; JFK maybe even worse, and well no need to even mention Bill Clinton.  For one reason or another all of those lechers managed to acquire wives who were enablers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 08:17:31 pm »
It is very naïve, to not see this for what it is:

1. Payback for Impeachment of Clinton over sex.

2. No holds barred, effort to weaken Trump if they can't beat him at the ballot box, or in the legislature.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:46 pm »

Very similar to the "promises" of Mitch McConnell in 2010, 2014, and 2016, i.e. give us the majority and we will repeal Obamacare.

Nothing but a big game to BS the masses.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.