Author Topic: Rick Moran: Millennials Don't Think America Was Ever That Great  (Read 850 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Rick Moran
PJ Media
August 22, 2018

Hitler once said, "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." Totalitarians like Hitler and Lenin knew that any opposition by the population to their policies would be erased in a couple of generations if they could capture the minds of young people.

Hitler had the Hitler Youth. Lenin, the Young Communist League. In the case of the Hitler Youth, membership was eventually made mandatory. The Young Communist League was seen as a vital stepping stone to the good life for children in the Soviet Union.

I bring this up because while conservatives were busy making tons of money in the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s, liberals were busy taking over the entire educational establishment. The fruits of their labors? A couple of generations of kids who are clueless about the complete history of the country they grew up in.

There's nothing wrong with teaching about slavery, about Jim Crow, about the denial of equality and opportunity to many millions of Americans in the past -- and the present. But, as was made clear by Campus Reform's Cabot Phillips when he interviewed young people in New York about Governor Andrew Cuomo's "America was never that great" remark, millennials are ignorant of the real accomplishments and achievements of all Americans, of many colors and ethnicities, through the centuries.

More

Related thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTI6a2oYiA

! No longer available
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:25:39 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Rick Moran: Millennials Don't Think America Was Ever That Great
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
That's depressing.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:42:11 pm »
Millennial's.  Generation Dumbass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:43:23 pm »
@Machiavelli I don't know if I've been missing your posts, but if you were away I'm glad you are back.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 09:46:05 pm »
Millennial's.  Generation Dumbass.

They aren't any more inherently dumbass than your generation.  They have been deliberately turned into unthinking emoters with heads full of false information.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 10:02:29 pm »
They aren't any more inherently dumbass than your generation.  They have been deliberately turned into unthinking emoters with heads full of false information.

Bullshit on part one.  But you keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.  As for part two you are partly right. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 02:56:02 am »
Moreso the girls than the guys. I mean, sure, you have a few metrosexuals, but at least most of the guys I know still have some common sense and ethics... which of course drives the left nuts and why they want to use feminism to neuter them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 03:12:16 am »
Millennials also can't wipe their ass because they have their phone in one hand and Starbucks in the other. That's why they stink.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 12:17:14 pm »
Millennials are all hat, no cattle. Opinions up the wazoo, twist words like a lawyer, but have little real life experience. They already know, and don't care to learn.

Why should anyone listen?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 03:01:00 pm »
Millennials are all hat, no cattle. Opinions up the wazoo, twist words like a lawyer, but have little real life experience. They already know, and don't care to learn.

Why should anyone listen?

Why should anyone listen?  You mean we should just write them off as worthless and...what?  And, who knows if they care to learn or not?  No one really tries with them. 

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »
Why should anyone listen?  You mean we should just write them off as worthless and...what?  And, who knows if they care to learn or not?  No one really tries with them.

Some generations you just have to write off. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 01:22:09 am »

When I graduated college in the early '90's I had to fit into and survive the world that was. You had to earn your keep, achieve to obtain position, gain your stripes to have an opinion worth listening to. You couldn't just spinmeister your way through things.

Not so today. It's 'buh...buh...technology' and 'you're old,' as if before 2008 and social media it was the days of the Victrola and Model T. This is why I can run circles around most of them at age 50, because they tend to project opinions rather than 'knowing your s***' as we used to say. We barely had time to give an opinion, we were running our asses off trying to survive.

There are a few that are good, and more traditional in their thinking, but they're a minority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 09:04:59 pm »
@Machiavelli I don't know if I've been missing your posts, but if you were away I'm glad you are back.

Hi, @DB

I'm still around, just not superactive.