Author Topic: Mass Shooting In Florida  (Read 6710 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Mass Shooting In Florida
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2018, 11:56:33 pm »
Still no word on the suspect's identity

Curiously, most of those who witnessed the shooting were people of color. If the perpetrator were white, we'd probably know him by now.
No sooner do I say that, that the cops point the finger at a white guy.

The supposed culprit: David Katz, 24, of Baltimore, MD
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2018, 12:03:50 am »
Still no word on the suspect's identity

Curiously, most of those who witnessed the shooting were people of color. If the perpetrator were white, we'd probably know him by now.

Vic Micolucci WJXT
‏Verified account @WJXTvic
2h2 hours ago

Jacksonville Landing shooter:
- white male
- early 20s
- believed to be from Baltimore area
- used semi-automatic handgun
- appears to have acted alone
- killed himself inside
- name not confirmed yet
(Info from my police sources.)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2018, 12:11:30 am »
Authorities tentatively identified the suspect as 24-year-old David Katz from Baltimore. He allegedly used a handgun in the shooting.

http://www.vox.com/2018/8/26/17783988/jacksonville-landing-florida-mass-shooting-madden
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:07 am »
Authorities tentatively identified the suspect as 24-year-old David Katz from Baltimore. He allegedly used a handgun in the shooting.

http://www.vox.com/2018/8/26/17783988/jacksonville-landing-florida-mass-shooting-madden

Now I am confused. The Katz is out of the bag???
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2018, 12:22:14 am »
A video gamer going postal and shooting up the place? Who'd a thunk it?

My personal estimation is that about 80% of video games have to do with shooting/killing something (usually people/monsters) or beating something up. Shooting is a very integral part of the video game culture. And some of these games are like virtual training scenarios. They use real weapons with all the correct specifications. And more or less realistic scenarios. It is a kind of training on what kind of weapon has what effect. What kind of ammo to use for a certain purpose. How to aim and reload the weapon. Some of these games could be used by the Army or the Police as training. And we are giving this stuff to raging hormonal teenagers. Also, many of these gamers are on meds of some kind...so.

So it is never surprising to me when these gamers decide to take it to the next level and want to try it for real.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:25:02 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2018, 12:28:45 am »

My personal estimation is that about 80% of video games have to do with shooting/killing something (usually people/monsters) or beating something up. Shooting is a very integral part of the video game culture. And some of these games are like virtual training scenarios. They use real weapons with all the correct specifications. And more or less realistic scenarios. It is a kind of training on what kind of weapon has what effect. What kind of ammo to use for a certain purpose. How to aim and reload the weapon. Some of these games could be used by the Army or the Police as training. And we are giving this stuff to raging hormonal teenagers.

So it is never surprising to me when these gamers decide to take it to the next level and want to try it for real.

So-called "professional" gamers spend inordinate number of hours per day honing their skill/knowledge/secrets of the game they're playing.

They also afford themselves the fastest possible internet speeds...location, location, location.

The violence in the games and the Hip-Hop genre together have to have an adverse effect on any human that grows up playing these games.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2018, 12:36:18 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2018, 12:44:34 am »
Some big gaming types, yes, might be in a sort of "world of their own".

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2018, 12:53:29 am »
Weaponized Autism
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2018, 01:54:21 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2018, 02:01:51 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2018, 02:08:02 am »
"Glory days, well, they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days"

MK ULTRA

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2018, 08:33:26 pm »
Divorce filings from the parents of 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore showed that as a teenager he was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications, the AP reported Monday.

Nicole Darrah at Foxnews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/jacksonville-gaming-tournament-shooter-had-been-hospitalized-for-mental-illness-documents-show.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2018, 11:41:36 pm »
was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications
Anyone surprised?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2018, 11:56:16 pm »
Anyone surprised?

That he had had psychotic episodes?  Not at all.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:57 am »
That he had had psychotic episodes?  Not at all.

I am having one right now.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:47 am »
This guy on Twitter seems to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but he does point out some interesting inconsistencies and curiosities in the reporting of this incident. For example, is there no surveillance camera footage at all? All we're seeing on the news is some computer live feed of the Madden football game with "voice overs" talking about a shooter and the sound of gunshots.
Here's his twitter link: https://twitter.com/ssdavis75

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2018, 03:11:59 pm »
Not to make light of a tragedy, but being a Bills fan is enough to put anyone off his rocker...amiright, @jmyrlefuller ?
Meh. Bills fans throw themselves through tables. They may be frustrated, but they're a pretty harmless lot... and when the payoff comes like it did last season, it is extremely joyful.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2018, 03:13:34 pm »
Meh. Bills fans throw themselves through tables. They may be frustrated, but they're a pretty harmless lot... and when the payoff comes like it did last season, it is extremely joyful.

Good thing he wasn't born yet when Scott Norwood missed that FG against the Giants.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2018, 04:26:05 pm »
If this pro-"Resistance" loser started shooting just because he didn't win the tournament,  why did he buy 2 guns 2 weeks ago, and take them to the event?  Sounds really premeditated to me!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2018, 05:16:43 pm »
Late teens/early 20s shooter again.... most of them are this age.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2018, 05:18:43 pm »
If this pro-"Resistance" loser started shooting just because he didn't win the tournament,  why did he buy 2 guns 2 weeks ago, and take them to the event?  Sounds really premeditated to me!
Police called to his house many times. Psyche drugs. Parents divorce partly over his care.

Purchased guns legally.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/jacksonville-shooter-david-katz-mentally-13150020
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 06:05:24 pm »

My personal estimation is that about 80% of video games have to do with shooting/killing something (usually people/monsters) or beating something up. Shooting is a very integral part of the video game culture. And some of these games are like virtual training scenarios. They use real weapons with all the correct specifications. And more or less realistic scenarios. It is a kind of training on what kind of weapon has what effect. What kind of ammo to use for a certain purpose. How to aim and reload the weapon. Some of these games could be used by the Army or the Police as training. And we are giving this stuff to raging hormonal teenagers. Also, many of these gamers are on meds of some kind...so.

"Also, many of these gamers are on meds of some kind...so."

I'm thinking this is a key aspect of many of these shooters.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 06:08:55 pm »
Premeditated and premedicated.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
"Also, many of these gamers are on meds of some kind...so."

I'm thinking this is a key aspect of many of these shooters.

Of course they're on meds -  they have mental problems.   :shrug: