Author Topic: Reports of the death of the GOP congressional majorities are greatly exaggerated  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 26, 2018
Reports of the death of the GOP congressional majorities are greatly exaggerated
By Thomas Lifson

Two hopeful signs, amidst a tidal wave of media predictions of doom for the Republican congressional majorities next November, have received little notice this past week. I think it is obvious that the 90% of the media operating as adjuncts of the Democratic Party intend to discourage Republicans so deeply that they do not turn out and vote. With the blood lust toward President Trump reaching fevered levels, we are supposed to accept as inevitable the predictions of numerous talking heads that impeachment is around the corner over… a possible campaign finance violation.  Or maybe the media reprise of the “Al Capone’s Vault” frenzy over the alleged buried National Enquirer stories of Trump scandals supposedly lurking in the safe of David Pecker, CEO of the Enquirer’s parent.

Republicans are doomed! That’s the media’s story, and they’re sticking to it.

But two bits of data say otherwise.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/reports_of_the_death_of_the_gop_congressional_majorities_are_greatly_exaggerated.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just another MSM 24/7 effort to aid the Communists, Democrats in November. Nothing new!  Yawn!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:38:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

I think it is obvious that the 90% of the media operating as adjuncts of the Democratic Party intend to discourage Republicans so deeply that they do not turn out and vote.

Ahem.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Tampa Bay Times, which is not exactly a Republican rag. Three days ago, it reported:

Nearly 1.4 million Floridians have already voted in next Tuesday's primary. (snip)

Republicans have strong leads over Democrats in both voting by mail and in early voting. Statewide, Republicans account for 47 percent of all votes, and Democrats 42 percent.

What? GOP voters are turning out at a rate five percentage points greater than Democrats? But I thought all the enthusiasm was supposed to be on the left.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But one thing we do know: The media is going to do everything possible to discourage Republicans from voting.