Author Topic: Dana Rohrabacher: Sessions' refusal to quit ‘is a disloyalty to this president and to the country’  (Read 877 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A California congressman whose ties to Russia have drawn scrutiny said Friday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions should resign after betraying President Trump and the country by failing to end special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

“The fact that Jeff Sessions has not quit is a disloyalty to this president and to the country,” Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher told Fox Business Network.

“The fact is if he disagrees with what the president wants him to do, he should resign,” he continued.
AD
Who is Paul Manafort and what's going on with him?
Watch Full Screen to Skip Ads

Trump can’t fire Sessions, Rohrabacher argued, because he’d be accused of a massive cover-up amid Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dana-rohrabacher-sessions-refusal-to-quit-is-a-disloyalty-to-this-president-and-to-the-country
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sessions refusal to quit is indicative of his loyalty to the left and in particular to Hillary.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline cato potatoe

Sessions is a disappointment on several fronts.  However, the attorney general is not supposed to be loyal to the President.  He was doing the ethical thing when he recused himself.  Due diligence would have led Trump to forsee this action.  He just assumed that any supporter would be as sleazy as himself.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sessions is a disappointment on several fronts.  However, the attorney general is not supposed to be loyal to the President.  He was doing the ethical thing when he recused himself.  Due diligence would have led Trump to forsee this action.  He just assumed that any supporter would be as sleazy as himself.

The AG serves at the will of the president and job one for ANY AG should be the integrity of the department he heads.  Jeff Sessions has utterly failed in that regard.  The DOJ on his watch remains throughly corrupt at the top and that is unacceptable.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Truth!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Truth!

I am still trying to get my head around what his  upside for staying at this point? 

Tin foil hat says revenge....   But had their relationship soured that bad?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

The AG is the head of the department of justice and IS responsible for those underneath him.  He has FAILED miserably to ensure the integrity of the department!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Above ALL America's citizens are entitled to have a functioning federal justice system, INCLUDING a thorough investigation of Clinton's misdeeds, and even Lynch, Comey, Obama, etc. (emails, tarmac, dossieretc).

Both Trump and Sessions are responsible for that.

Trump has repeatedly tried to prod Sessions into action, to no avail.

My gut is something happened to Sessions on the way to the appointment. I simply cannot fathom going from strong Trump supporter, to undermining him.

I always liked Sessions. But really disappointed in his turnaround. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The AG is the head of the department of justice and IS responsible for those underneath him.  He has FAILED miserably to ensure the integrity of the department!

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Granted, one of Trump's biggest mistakes was hiring Sessions.  He claims he did so because he felt he owed him helping him along the campaign trail; that in itself speaks volumes.

Regardless, Trump needs to fire him as Sessions HAS definitely proven to be unfit for the position and is an incompetent AG.