Author Topic: 'We are not making sufficient progress': Trump directs Pompeo to cancel North Korea trip  (Read 9835 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
it did not and would not occur to me to attempt to argue with a moonbat Leftist to the effect that he or she should become a conservative.

So you never commented publicly on a forum about the overt criminality, bullshit and treason Obama, Hillary and the Democrats were doing????  You never pointed out their lies or the attempted clever ability of his followers to spin wrongdoing into righteousness?

Ceding the ground and culture to the lawless because it was fruitless to argue with them - is precisely HOW we lost the culture to begin with.

I can concur with the wisdom of not tossing pearls, and not expecting converts among Leftists, but this board is NOT the DU.  This board is populated by Conservatives, not moonbat Leftists.  If we are not going to stand up against what is wrong, erroneous, false or lawless among our own - we lose ourselves to the tsunami the culture has already washed the foundations away.

The odds of such an argument yielding results that would justify the time and effort expended upon it approach zero/the null set. In fact, it would rank right up there among the top five or six ways to expend time in a totally useless activity. In two words: no thanks.

I wonder if Jonah felt that way initially?  You know, before he went sailing.

Now I did spend a good deal of time arguing with Obama's most blind and passionately committed sycophants re his eligibility.  It didn't convert a single one of them, let me assure you.  However, what it did do was sharpen my arguments to a razor's edge. And in the end I promulgated an argument they COULD NOT deny or refute. Personally, I consider that a profitable outcome.  Without those heated, ferocious battles I would still believe some of the many myths re Obama's birth. If the Obots did nothing else, they distilled all the faulty arguments away and left me with pure gold.  😁

That reads like a contradiction of what you previously stated.  Don't argue with "moonbats" because it's a waste of valuable time - but DO argue with moonbats if you want to hone your combat and argument skills.

I guess balance with both is in order, no?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:44:42 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantasywriter

@Fantasywriter
Why, 'hater', of course... Extended to terminology like-in-kind.

What if I honestly, genuinely and sincerely believe some people to be Trump-haters? What diplomatic way would you suggest I expressi that conviction?

Or is this an issue of thought crime? If I sincerely believe that some people hate Trump, I am a guilty sinner? Is it not a matter of what term I use, but rather an issue of me being guilty of wrongthink?

Offline Fantasywriter

So you never commented publicly on a forum about the overt criminality, bullshit and treason Obama, Hillary and the Democrats were doing????  You never pointed out their lies or the attempted clever ability of his followers to spin wrongdoing into righteousness?

Ceding the ground and culture to the lawless because it was fruitless to argue with them - is precisely HOW we lost the culture to begin with.

I can concur with the wisdom of not tossing pearls, and not expecting converts among Leftists, but this board is NOT the DU.  This board is populated by Conservatives, not moonbat Leftists.  If we are not going to stand up against what is wrong, erroneous, false or lawless among our own - we lose ourselves to the tsunami the culture has already washed the foundations away.

I wonder if Jonah felt that way initially?  You know, before he went sailing.

That reads like a contradiction of what you previously stated.  Don't argue with "moonbats" because it's a waste of valuable time - but DO argue with moonbats if you want to hone your combat and argument skills.

I guess balance with both is in order, no?

Did you miss the distinction between what I was and was not willing to argue with Obots about? The distinction is crucial.

Offline roamer_1

What if I honestly, genuinely and sincerely believe some people to be Trump-haters? What diplomatic way would you suggest I expressi that conviction?

Or is this an issue of thought crime? If I sincerely believe that some people hate Trump, I am a guilty sinner? Is it not a matter of what term I use, but rather an issue of me being guilty of wrongthink?

@Fantasywriter
Your statement was against all NTers, of which, I am one - Not by choice mind you, but by the designation of others... Thus lumped in, my conservative and principled stand is already demeaned... And I am further perjured by others quite frequently with this 'hater' nonsense.

I have already declared that I do not hate Tump. Unless you'd care to call me a liar now too, as well as a hater, your criteria has been rendered unqualified.

You are a bright writer, and usually erudite. I think you have the ability to get your point across without furthering this sort of liberal 'out-group' bullshit.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:06:18 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Fantasywriter

I've admitted that I post on r/The_Donald. 99% of the rest of reddit is wildly, blindly, rabidly anti-Trump. Those same people hate The_Donald posters pretty much to the same degree they hate Trump. If any of us venture out into the hate-Trumpfest and try to reason with them, they use a simple formula. They check our posting history, and if they see any T_D posts, they call us fascist nazis; end of discussion.

Here is a meme that captures the overall spirit of the enterprise:

[On the reddit politics sub]

OP: orangeman bad upvote pls.

First comment: orangeman bad indeed.

Second comment: impeach orangeman.

Third comment: Surely orangeman is not as bad as you purport him to be.

Fourth comment: go back to the donald you dumb idiot.

Offline Fantasywriter

@Fantasywriter
Your statement was against all NTers, of which, I am one - Not by choice mind you, but by the designation of others... Thus lumped in, my conservative and principled stand is already demeaned... And I am further perjured by others quite frequently with this 'hater' nonsense.

I have already declared that I do not hate Tump. Unless you'd care to call me a liar now too, as well as a hater, your criteria has been rendered unqualified.

You are a bright writer, and usually erudite. I think you have the ability to get your point across without furthering this sort of liberal 'out-group' bullshit.

What are you and I, joint heirs with Jesus, even arguing about? If you don't consider yourself a Never-Trumper and I don't consider you a Never-Trumper  [and I don't, much less a Trump hater], what is the issue?

Offline corbe

It seems to me you Trumpers have wasted two years of dry gunpowder on us insignificant NT'ers. 
    We are not your enemy, the demonrats have much, much more capability of taking you out than we do.
    It's never to late to recalibrate your artillery.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
    It seems to me you Trumpers have wasted two years of dry gunpowder on us insignificant NT'ers. 
    We are not your enemy, the demonrats have much, much more capability of taking you out than we do.
    It's never to late to recalibrate your artillery.

That's a brilliant statement, @corbe.

Offline roamer_1

What are you and I, joint heirs with Jesus, even arguing about? If you don't consider yourself a Never-Trumper and I don't consider you a Never-Trumper  [and I don't, much less a Trump hater], what is the issue?

@Fantasywriter
What you or I believe is incidental to the point - The 'NTers' (as painted) on this site are, by and large, hard core, far right, Conservatives and Christians (whom I have known for a decade or better) against Tump on principled grounds.

When you say 'NTer' here, it is pointed directly at me and mine.

Offline Fantasywriter

@Fantasywriter
What you or I believe is incidental to the point - The 'NTers' (as painted) on this site are, by and large, hard core, far right, Conservatives and Christians (whom I have known for a decade or better) against Tump on principled grounds.

When you say 'NTer' here, it is pointed directly at me and mine.

I can't defend against calling you a Never-Trumper when A, I have not done so, and B, the thought never entered my mind. But I should hope that belonging to Jesus supercedes any affiliation re Trump.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:42:40 am by Fantasywriter »

Offline DB

I said nothing about arguing. In fact, I said just the opposite. This is the problem with NTers; they are too caught up in hate to even read the actual words of Trump supporters.

"This is the problem with NTers; they are too caught up in hate to even read the actual words of Trump supporters."

The irony is too much. You repeatedly throw out the statement above and wonder why some just might take offense to it. You are certain I "hate" Trump. I don't hate Trump. I didn't care what Trump did until he took over the GOP turning it into a circus. I hate what he's done to the country and the consequences we'll all pay for both now and in the future. I hate that people who claim to be moral now say that lying is part of the job. That "negotiating" with lies is somehow proper and is in "good faith". As long as "negotiating" is for a good cause lies are a-okay and that green lights all of Trump's "negotiations".

Offline Fantasywriter

"This is the problem with NTers; they are too caught up in hate to even read the actual words of Trump supporters."

The irony is too much. You repeatedly throw out the statement above and wonder why some just might take offense to it. You are certain I "hate" Trump. I don't hate Trump. I didn't care what Trump did until he took over the GOP turning it into a circus. I hate what he's done to the country and the consequences we'll all pay for both now and in the future. I hate that people who claim to be moral now say that lying is part of the job. That "negotiating" with lies is somehow proper and is in "good faith". As long as "negotiating" is for a good cause lies are a-okay and that green lights all of Trump's "negotiations".

All I was going by was the fact that you completely misrepresented what I said. But you're right; there are any number of reasons why you might have done that.