Author Topic: McCain "has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment," his family says in a statement:  (Read 3979 times)

Silver Pines

And leave you to wallow in your ignorance? Perish the thought that I should ever be that cruel to anyone.

Damn, @Restored, it's been a day.  You must have taken that one personally.

Oh, well.

Offline Fantasywriter

@GrouchoTex

Same.  Sometimes it takes removal from a situation to see things clearly.

Were they always this bad, or are they worse now?

I can tell you for a fact that it's gotten worse, and Q is to blame. It goes like this. Q hints at something too terrible to imagine, and then the TOS FreeQs  [their designation, not mine] become obessesed with figuring it out.

To give just one example, Q hinted that there was more than murder involved in Scalia's death. Then one of Q's more highly esteemed 'interpreters' stated as fact that Scalia was murdered by a 14 yo boy he was abusing. Instantly some of the Freeqs believed it, while others feverishly posited that it MIGHT be true. The speculation went on and on; the FreeQs treated the malicious, baseless smear-gossip as if it were too delicious to leave alone.

Do the math. When you have a site owner not merely tolerating but encouraging that kind and degree of gutter filth, what is the inevitable result?

More and worse sewer garbage, guaranteed.

[To be fair, the Freeqs are equal opportunity smear merchants. They also accused Billy Graham of being a pedophile rapist. And again, those are just two examples. The number of innocent people they've smeared with unfounded accusations of pedophilia and child sacrifice, and as pedovores  [a term they taught me] is incalculable.]

Offline LegalAmerican

Really, as much as I may not agree with the man's politics (cf. his treachery on Obamacare), I don't want to speak poorly of a dying man who is obviously very ill... but seriously...

He still hasn't resigned? How valuable is that seat to him that he won't let it go until they pry it from his cold, dead hands?

I hope and wish that his passing is peaceful, and for comfort toward his next of kin, for the sole reason that they're human beings. Still, he's dead wrong (pardon the pun) for doing this. He deprived his constituents of representation for no other reason than his own ego, knowing full well that this was going to happen. If he can decide to discontinue treatment and die, he can resign with dignity.

I agree with you. 

When I moved into my complex, my neighbor said her husband had brain cancer. That was 16 years ago, he is still around, she? Dead from something else. If he passes, it will be from old age, more likely.  80+ ?   I am a cancer survivor.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:27:13 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
McCain's death will be a good career move.

Edit:  Was a good move.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:27:23 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

I can tell you for a fact that it's gotten worse, and Q is to blame. It goes like this. Q hints at something too terrible to imagine, and then the TOS FreeQs  [their designation, not mine] become obessesed with figuring it out.

To give just one example, Q hinted that there was more than murder involved in Scalia's death. Then one of Q's more highly esteemed 'interpreters' stated as fact that Scalia was murdered by a 14 yo boy he was abusing. Instantly some of the Freeqs believed it, while others feverishly posited that it MIGHT be true. The speculation went on and on; the FreeQs treated the malicious, baseless smear-gossip as if it were too delicious to leave alone.

Do the math. When you have a site owner not merely tolerating but encouraging that kind and degree of gutter filth, what is the inevitable result?

More and worse sewer garbage, guaranteed.

[To be fair, the Freeqs are equal opportunity smear merchants. They also accused Billy Graham of being a pedophile rapist. And again, those are just two examples. The number of innocent people they've smeared with unfounded accusations of pedophilia and child sacrifice, and as pedovores  [a term they taught me] is incalculable.]

Scalia, murdered. Ice, poison, bullet. FBI have a gun for that. Obama regime.  Everything else is baloney.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He’s gone, as of a few minutes ago.

RIP Sen McCain. May your family find some support now
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He’s gone, as of a few minutes ago.

RIP Sen McCain. May your family find some support now

Yep the alphabets are running his glorious obit on every news break. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fantom

And there it is. Time to move on. I have no more to say about the late John McCain.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

And there it is. Time to move on. I have no more to say about the late John McCain.

I agree, but something tells me they will televise his life story for days as well as his elaborate funeral.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Yep the alphabets are running his glorious obit on every news break.

The same alphabets that were calling him "Hitler" when he ran against their God, Obama.

Offline Fantom

I agree, but something tells me they will televise his life story for days as well as his elaborate funeral.

One of the good things about this, is McCain finally proves useful , his timing was impeccable in helping America. The fake media will now have to spend the next weeks eulogizing the "War Hero".

LOL, maybe McCain really was a Trump S'porter after all.

On a side note...does anybody but me find it weird that McCain and Ted Kennedy die on the same day of the same cancer?

Aug 25th....National Holiday?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

One of the good things about this, is McCain finally proves useful , his timing was impeccable in helping America. The fake media will now have to spend the next weeks eulogizing the "War Hero".

LOL, maybe McCain really was a Trump S'porter after all.

On a side note...does anybody but me find it weird that McCain and Ted Kennedy die on the same day of the same cancer?

Aug 25th....National Holiday?

You’re sick.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Agreed. RIP.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Agreed. RIP.

Not sure I do the RIP.   But yes, it is over, no matter how you feel about the man himself.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

Opinions vary.

Opinions are also like what you just made yourself out to be.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

You’re sick.

@goodwithagun

No, no.  Impossible.  He’s a simple bricklayer, see.

Online corbe

John McCain and John Kerry betrayed Vietnam Veterans forever with the sellout POW/MIA Issue, decades ago.
   I hope they find peace (if they haven't discovered it already) but my BS meter is busted on these Frauds.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

Not sure I do the RIP.   But yes, it is over, no matter how you feel about the man himself.

Not. The. Time.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

John McCain and John Kerry betrayed Vietnam Veterans forever with the sellout POW/MIA Issue, decades ago.
   I hope they find peace (if they haven't discovered it already) but my BS meter is busted on these Frauds.

My dad is a Vietnam vet. He hates McCain, but agrees that there is a time and a place. This is not the time.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

Pretty much.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

My dad is a Vietnam vet. He hates McCain, but agrees that there is a time and a place. This is not the time.

Then you are free to carry him on your shield, to me...no. Ted Kenedy/McCain... pffft.

I'll no longer go out of my way to trash him for a while, you can have that from me until they raise flag back up from this.

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.

I'll give respect to the office.  So I will leave for a few days to be sure my comments are not..."sick".

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I don't think they'll broadcast his funeral.  Maybe a few excerpts.  But my phone buzzed me with the news so I guess it is a big story.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Maybe we could consider one big thread for the passing of Senator McCain, God Bless His Soul.

Also, back on direct topic, I remember, when we heard just a few months ago, that Barbara Bush was going to stop her treatment (whatever is the correct terminology), turn off life support etc. and then, she seemed to pass on soon after as well.