Author Topic: Cascadia Subduction Zone: California Oregon earthquake MAP - 'Big One' earthquake OVERDUE  (Read 1239 times)

rangerrebew

Cascadia Subduction Zone: California Oregon earthquake MAP - 'Big One' earthquake OVERDUE

THE Pacific Northwest is in danger of a massive tsunami triggered by an earthquake, collectively known as ‘Big One’, that is far overdue.
By Amalie Henden
PUBLISHED: 18:26, Wed, Aug 22, 2018 | UPDATED: 19:04, Wed, Aug 22, 2018

Today a 6.3 magnitude earthquake rocked the western coast of the US, sparking fear the ‘Big One’ could hit anytime now.

The earthquake registered 188 miles from the western coast of the US, but no tsunami warning has yet been issued by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1007038/Cascadia-Subduction-Zone-map-California-Oregon-earthquake-Big-One-overdue

Offline dfwgator

Waiting for the Big One - Peter Gabriel

! No longer available

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They've been singing this song for at least 50 years! :2popcorn:

Offline DB

I've been following California earthquakes for at least 18 years and I've never seen it so active with numerous swarms. There are also quakes in areas that have been quiet for a long time. There's going to be a major quake in California that does major damage, the only question is when... And when is looking like sooner than later...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:14:40 pm by DB »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Must be a result of all the Fracking.  Or man made climate change.  Aliens?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

Must be a result of all the Fracking.  Or man made climate change.  Aliens?

In California???

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In California???

Right.   You did notice all of my examples were fictitious.  :silly:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Goldfinger said: "There's nothing that compares to a magnitude 9 earthquake that North America has experienced in human history."

Anchorage in 1964, iirc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Anchorage in 1964, iirc.

Yep.

The Great M9.2 Alaska Earthquake and Tsunami of March 27, 1964https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/events/alaska1964/

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:32:56 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I've been following California earthquakes for at least 18 years and I've never seen it so active with numerous swarms. There are also quakes in areas that have been quiet for a long time. There's going to be a major quake in California that does major damage, the only question is when... And when is looking like sooner than later...

I live VERY CLOSE, to the Newport Inglewood Fault. 33°37'48.0"N 118°00'00.0"W

That fault, is the one involved with the 1933 Long beach Quake. It was actually located offshore from Newport Beach and even closer,  Huntington Beach.

I live on soil subject to "liquefaction"

I live very close to sea level

If indoors, go to an interior door jamb. Wood frame/stucco construction. One story.

2: PM. 78 F, and cooling off.

Not gonna worry. Big One or not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

I live VERY CLOSE, to the Newport Inglewood Fault. 33°37'48.0"N 118°00'00.0"W

That fault, is the one involved with the 1933 Long beach Quake. It was actually located offshore from Newport Beach and even closer,  Huntington Beach.

I live on soil subject to "liquefaction"

I live very close to sea level

If indoors, go to an interior door jamb. Wood frame/stucco construction. One story.

2: PM. 78 F, and cooling off.

Not gonna worry. Big One or not.

Not much threat of being seriously injured in that house. Big threat of losing the house though. Hopefully you are more than 40' above sea level. That is life threatening if you are close to sea level.