Author Topic: Time for Sessions to Leave DOJ, Senior Senate Leaders Say  (Read 811 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Time for Sessions to Leave DOJ, Senior Senate Leaders Say
« on: August 24, 2018, 01:41:27 pm »

As President Donald Trump’s relationship with Attorney General Jeff Sessions continues to deteriorate, several key Republican Senators announced Thursday that they would support the president if he chooses to replace Sessions. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA), both long-time colleagues of Sessions, told reporters Thursday that although Sessions has served the Justice Department with distinction, his lack of faith in the president and vice versa, has now become a distraction to the administration.

Graham, who spoke to SaraACarter.com on Thursday afternoon, noted that Sessions has served with distinction but Trump has the right to replace him as the relationship between the two is in disrepair.

https://saraacarter.com/time-for-sessions-to-leave-doj-senior-senate-leaders-say/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Time for Sessions to Leave DOJ, Senior Senate Leaders Say
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 02:13:11 pm »
That's great and all, but this story: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,329171.0/topicseen.html

says that the Senate won't even consider confirming a replacement.  WTH?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 02:28:57 pm »
Everyone has an opinion and they are worth about as much as mine.   :yawn2:

Trump has been crying about Sessions for ages.  If Sessions was that bad, Trump would have shown him the door months ago.  So why does he keep Sessions around?  Maybe Trump has to have someone around to bitch about and hold up to his fans as "the enemy."

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:41:43 pm »
He can't leave soon enough for me.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:09:39 pm »

Trump has been crying about Sessions for ages.  If Sessions was that bad, Trump would have shown him the door months ago.  So why does he keep Sessions around?  Maybe Trump has to have someone around to bitch about and hold up to his fans as "the enemy."

I think you maybe on to something there.  It's gotten to the point that President Trump looks like a impotent whiny little b*tch every time he tweets about AG Sessions.  Is that what "He Fights!" means?  I think "He Fights!" means Trump creates drama with his ineffectiveness.  I'm finding it boring, but at least it distracts some people from criminal convictions.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »

If you are keeping up with the news you'd know exactly why he doesn't fire Sessions.

I suspect you do but the appeal of complaining about Trump is just too strong.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 01:29:42 am »
Sanguine wrote:
"says that the Senate won't even consider confirming a replacement.  WTH?"

In that case, Mr. Trump can recess-appoint a successor.
I'd have no problems with that at all.

Would you?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 01:36:48 am »

Trump did want to get rid of Sessions a long time ago, but the DEMS threatened to cry foul and those within his own party warned him against firing Sessions ... and now here we sit!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 03:26:25 am »
Sanguine wrote:
"says that the Senate won't even consider confirming a replacement.  WTH?"

In that case, Mr. Trump can recess-appoint a successor.
I'd have no problems with that at all.

Would you?
---------------------------
On the mark.
His fan club won't abide the reality that Trump was never/is not, a leader,
despite his title of POTUS and his pretensions.
Why? Because:
He cannot discern/recognize character in either subordinates or colleagues,
a reality as plain as 2 + 2 = 4.
He is addicted to applause/adoration because he is an insecure and vain
narcissist, an attribute he displays daily.
He cannot change because he is in compulsive denial about the truth of his persona.

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 03:39:04 am »
Trump did want to get rid of Sessions a long time ago, but the DEMS threatened to cry foul and those within his own party warned him against firing Sessions ... and now here we sit!

So it's the DEMS fault Sessions is Trump's AG...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 06:20:15 pm »
So it's the DEMS fault Sessions is Trump's AG...

??? Go back and read what I stated.  I did NOT state that it's the DEMS fault.  Trump's biggest mistake was appointing Sessions in the first place.  When the Mueller investigation began and Sessions recused himself it was shortly thereafter that Trump wanted to get rid of him ... the DEMS threatened to cry foul as did members of his own party. 

Although I do believe that Sessions has been bought and paid for by the leftists.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 03:51:41 am »
??? Go back and read what I stated.  I did NOT state that it's the DEMS fault.  Trump's biggest mistake was appointing Sessions in the first place.  When the Mueller investigation began and Sessions recused himself it was shortly thereafter that Trump wanted to get rid of him ... the DEMS threatened to cry foul as did members of his own party. 

Although I do believe that Sessions has been bought and paid for by the leftists.

If only the rats didn't control the Congress and Executive branch.  Those Damn rats!!!