Author Topic: Jeff Sessions fires back at Trump after president insults him  (Read 2991 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Jeff Sessions fires back at Trump after president insults him
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
Yes it is, because this is what special prosecutors DO. If you cannot see that far reaching investigations being reigned in for this Republican, necessarily would also have to be reigned in the next time a Democrat is under investigation, then there is no more to say.

You’re right, I just can’t see why an expansion of an investigations scope because of the unsolicited receipt of hard evidence of wrongdoing equates at all to an ever expanding investigation not based on evidence but because of strong arm, get em for something, anything using any means necessary MO of Robert mueller. Who, by the way, is compromised up to his beady eyes.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:54 pm »
You’re right, I just can’t see why an expansion of an investigations scope because of the unsolicited receipt of hard evidence of wrongdoing equates at all to an ever expanding investigation not based on evidence but because of strong arm, get em for something, anything using any means necessary MO of Robert mueller. Who, by the way, is compromised up to his beady eyes.

I get it, but then, your bitch is not with Sessions, but rather with Congress. It is the Congressional committee, in the end, that justifies the scope. And it has ever been so.

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 07:53:33 pm »
                 You made your bed, now lie in it.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 07:57:21 pm »
Trump may change the political landscape because of
his bold policies yet several of his traits are now obvious.
A Leader/Ruler must be able to judge character in
subordinates; an attribute completely lacking in Trump;
be they flyweights such as Spicier, Scaramouche, Sessions
and the rest of that clown posse or the fraud and hustler
gang of Cohen, Manafort, Pruitt; among several.
Further Trump is addicted to adulation and applause, the
essence of a narcissist.
Some will find a reason to excuse this, which is their right.
Yet, I suspect that average citizens have become increasingly
frustrated and weary of Trump, his antics and his big mouth.
Suspect he will muddle through 2018 but get his ass handed
to him in pieces in 2020, assuming he is re-nominated.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 08:09:04 pm »
I get it, but then, your bitch is not with Sessions, but rather with Congress. It is the Congressional committee, in the end, that justifies the scope. And it has ever been so.

I believe Sessions had more than ample reason - evidence and all - to launch a vigorous investigation, using the same IC policy, of the previous administration which would invariably led to exposing the underlying reasons for the Russia collusion farce in the first place.

For whatever reason he has opted out.

Online DB

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 08:11:21 pm »
I believe Sessions had more than ample reason - evidence and all - to launch a vigorous investigation, using the same IC policy, of the previous administration which would invariably led to exposing the underlying reasons for the Russia collusion farce in the first place.

I think you're right. And I think that is a very serious issue. And the responsibility for that lies with Trump and Trump alone. It is entirely under his authority to do something about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 08:16:30 pm »

Because as a high profile player in the campaign, ANYTHING he does that touches the Russian angle is going to look like coverup. That is why there is a special prosecutor in the first place - The administration investigating itself just can't be kosher... And all the more so with a highly connected campaign activist at its head.

ANYTHING he does is a high risk, even at that, the only thing he could do is behind the scenes and under the radar, pushing evidence toward the proper people, in order for it to get to light... And if he got caught at it, how would it look?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 08:16:58 pm »
Trump may change the political landscape because of
his bold policies yet several of his traits are now obvious.
A Leader/Ruler must be able to judge character in
subordinates; an attribute completely lacking in Trump;
be they flyweights such as Spicier, Scaramouche, Sessions
and the rest of that clown posse or the fraud and hustler
gang of Cohen, Manafort, Pruitt; among several.
Further Trump is addicted to adulation and applause, the
essence of a narcissist.
Some will find a reason to excuse this, which is their right.
Yet, I suspect that average citizens have become increasingly
frustrated and weary of Trump, his antics and his big mouth.
Suspect he will muddle through 2018 but get his ass handed
to him in pieces in 2020, assuming he is re-nominated.

Rush, regardless of what you think of him, had an interesting perspective on what you've described above.

Unlike previous administrations - Reagan drew from the team he had in Sacramento; Clinton and Obama had their organizations, each member of whom those presidents had plenty of opportunity to observe in a political or bureaucratic capacity; same for the Bushes, the elder keeping some of Reagans guys and adding more he knew from his time in the CIA & diplomatic corps and his son who just went to same well his dad did -Trump, the outsider, had never held a public office and had worked with virtually no one on his lists of candidates.

Given the threat to the state he represents I'm surprised he hasn't had more trouble staffing his administration.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 08:19:29 pm »
Because as a high profile player in the campaign, ANYTHING he does that touches the Russian angle is going to look like coverup. That is why there is a special prosecutor in the first place - The administration investigating itself just can't be kosher... And all the more so with a highly connected campaign activist at its head.

ANYTHING he does is a high risk, even at that, the only thing he could do is behind the scenes and under the radar, pushing evidence toward the proper people, in order for it to get to light... And if he got caught at it, how would it look?

I'll buy his recusal from the "russia probe'.

But I won't buy the 'do nothing cause how would it look' argument.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 08:23:01 pm »
I'll buy his recusal from the "russia probe'.

But I won't buy the 'do nothing cause how would it look' argument.

'How it would look' would slay Tump in the MSM.

Really, the only thing he can do is nothing (wrt the campaign)

Online corbe

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 08:24:52 pm »

The released emails are four pages long. Some of the most notable parts:

•Goldstone wrote to Trump Jr. that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia…offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father."
•Goldstone also wrote that the information "is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."
•Trump Jr. writes to Goldstone on the chain, "if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-posted-rob-goldstone-emails-russia-2017-7

I certainly would've Recused myself also if I was the AG.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 08:36:36 pm »
'How it would look' would slay Tump in the MSM.

Really, the only thing he can do is nothing (wrt the campaign)

With an ever-widening investigation with him as its ultimate target on his hands where one simple piece of conflicting testimony, about anything at all, is a potential count of impeachment what you are saying then is Trump is screwed.

If this is the case then I'd tell him to exercise his legal prerogatives and to hell with the MSM. Its not as if they're holding back now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:51:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 08:53:55 pm »

All of them have.

Issa's meaningless committee kabuki theater-hearings on out.

You don't think the weaponizing of the FBI into a Political Praetorian Guard for the Leftists was isolated to just that agency do you?

We've all been played.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »
All of them have.

Issa's meaningless committee kabuki theater-hearings on out.

You don't think the weaponizing of the FBI into a Political Praetorian Guard for the Leftists was isolated to just that agency do you?

We've all been played.

There are times you nail it, Invar.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »
With an ever-widening investigation with him as its ultimate target on his hands where one simple piece of conflicting testimony, about anything at all, is a potential count of impeachment what you are saying then is Trump is screwed.

In a sense, yes... but that is because of Tump. He is dirty. He plays dirty, and he fights dirty... And he covers crap up.  Sooner or later, they will find something to stick. And then he will lie about it, and then he'll be done.

If this is the case then I'd tell him to exercise his legal prerogatives and to hell with the MSM. Its not as if they're holding back now.

Right, because looking like he is covering things up and vindictively firing people plays so very well with the press.

Look, if he is as clean as his fans believe, then he has nothing to worry about, and the special prosecutor is nothing but an annoyance. But if he is not (which he is not), he is, as I have said, indefensible... And this is precisely why.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2018, 09:15:54 pm »
In a sense, yes... but that is because of Tump. He is dirty. He plays dirty, and he fights dirty... And he covers crap up.  Sooner or later, they will find something to stick. And then he will lie about it, and then he'll be done.

Right, because looking like he is covering things up and vindictively firing people plays so very well with the press.

Look, if he is as clean as his fans believe, then he has nothing to worry about, and the special prosecutor is nothing but an annoyance. But if he is not (which he is not), he is, as I have said, indefensible... And this is precisely why.

The fact a man with Trump's decades old business record has endured nearly two years of an IC with unlimited resources and scope without a single piece of solid evidence being turned up says your wrong.

I'm not saying he's a "prince", I'm saying it is impressive that they've found nothing.

But no one - not you, not me - could survive this kind of rectal exam indefinitely.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 09:37:26 pm »
I don't care about his so called 'recusal', which was completely unnecessary btw. Regardless of his recusal there are a thousand other things Sessions could be looking into and yet he does nothing at all.

Forget about Mueller or the Russians, THE GUY DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. All he does is hide under his desk and chase MS13. He should be the head of ICE, not the AG.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2018, 10:47:20 pm »
In listening to a commentary from Trump today, he stated that had he known that Sessions was going to recuse himself he would have picked someone else. He felt an obligation to pick him, because he helped him campaign.

If that was Trump's reasoning, it was a really dumb reason and shows how little he knew about appointing an AG and the importance of the AG.  Another poster in here suggested that Giuliani advised Trump to select Sessions.  If that is the case, Trump has been Trumped as Giuliani IMHO is one of the most crooked, corrupt politicians that ever drew a breath and Trump made him part of his legal team.  Definitely another mistake by Trump.  BIGLY!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2018, 11:04:03 pm »
I have no inside information, but from what I understand Sessions was a really good choice before he was appointed. Once he got the job, he did a complete turnaround. This is why Trump said, 'He is scared to death'.

Somebody or some group got to Sessions, maybe the Hillary mafia, and told him to stand down. There is no way to know what they threatened him with, but it must have been something very strong and very scary. Now, he is afraid of his own shadow. He does nothing, as he ordered to do by whomever, and just sits in his locked office all day playing Tetris until he decides to go home.

The Sessions we see today is not the same guy he was. Somebody scared the shit out him. What they said or did we will never know, but it worked. That is why he will never resign. He is not 'allowed' to resign. His controllers have ordered him not to, and so he obeys them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline darroll

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2018, 11:16:09 pm »
Whats Trump supposed to do, hug him?

All of the good attorneys are bought off already.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 11:21:49 pm »
I'm not saying he's a "prince", I'm saying it is impressive that they've found nothing.

In fact, you have no idea what they've found.

But no one - not you, not me - could survive this kind of rectal exam indefinitely.

Oh, certainly not me... but then, I have better sense, being what I am, than to seek the spotlight.

Online DB

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 11:22:04 pm »
I have no inside information, but from what I understand Sessions was a really good choice before he was appointed. Once he got the job, he did a complete turnaround. This is why Trump said, 'He is scared to death'.

Somebody or some group got to Sessions, maybe the Hillary mafia, and told him to stand down. There is no way to know what they threatened him with, but it must have been something very strong and very scary. Now, he is afraid of his own shadow. He does nothing, as he ordered to do by whomever, and just sits in his locked office all day playing Tetris until he decides to go home.

The Sessions we see today is not the same guy he was. Somebody scared the shit out him. What they said or did we will never know, but it worked. That is why he will never resign. He is not 'allowed' to resign. His controllers have ordered him not to, and so he obeys them.

He was not a "really good choice" before being selected. It was protested right here on this board by some of us, I being one of them.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,243899.msg1190574.html#msg1190574

Offline skeeter

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 11:23:28 pm »
In fact, you have no idea what they've found.

Oh, they haven't found anything.

Online corbe

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 11:31:31 pm »
   Unfortunately it looks like the Fireworks are saved for Labor Day since the 4th got rained out here, about the time Manafort's second trail starts, this time in DC. 
   If 'collusion' can be proven, it will probably be there, since he did sit in on that meeting in Trump Tower.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2018, 12:50:00 am »
Maybe this will be a lesson to Trump. Don’t trust anyone who has benn in DC politics for more than a year.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy