Author Topic: Iran-Iraq War continues to claim lives 30 years on  (Read 392 times)

rangerrebew

Iran-Iraq War continues to claim lives 30 years on
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:29:43 pm »

Iran-Iraq War continues to claim lives 30 years on
Makram Najmuddine August 21, 2018

BASRA, Iraq — The area surrounding the long border between Iraq and Iran conceals much of the tragedy of the eight-year war the two countries fought from 1980 to 1988. Beneath the ground where tens of thousands of people cross in both directions lie more than 20 million landmines, most of them in Iraq. They pose a serious threat to the lives of those who survived the war and those born after it.

Ammar, who recently celebrated his 10th birthday, lost the sight in one of his eyes, while his brother Hasan suffered an even worse fate near their house near Shalamja.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/08/iran-iraq-war-compensation-basra-shalamja.html#ixzz5P0XktcvJ

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Iran-Iraq War continues to claim lives 30 years on
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 01:32:36 pm »
Just think how much better the Middle East and the world for that matter would be right now if we would have allowed Iran and Iraq to keep bashing each another 30 years, rather than us meddling. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Iran-Iraq War continues to claim lives 30 years on
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 02:18:56 pm »
Just think how much better the Middle East and the world for that matter would be right now if we would have allowed Iran and Iraq to keep bashing each another 30 years, rather than us meddling.

Yep.  We messed with the ying and the yang.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.