Author Topic: Trump rips Cohen for 'flipping,' praises Manafort in exclusive FNC interview  (Read 480 times)

Offline corbe

Trump rips Cohen for 'flipping,' praises Manafort in exclusive FNC interview

Brooke Singman

53 mins ago

President Trump blasted his former attorney, Michael Cohen, for “flipping” on him and praised another ex-lieutenant with legal trouble, Paul Manafort, in an exclusive “Fox & Friends” interview with Ainsely Earhardt that aired Thursday morning.

The sit-down comes during a dizzying week that saw Cohen plead guilty and Manafort get convicted for crimes that mostly had to do with their personal business dealings. But Cohen also admitted making hush money payments on behalf of Trump in what prosecutors say amounted to campaign violations.

“(Cohen) makes a better deal when he uses me, like everybody else,” Trump said. “And one of the reasons I respect Paul Manafort so much is he went through that trial — you know they make up stories. People make up stories. This whole thing about flipping, they call it, I know all about flipping.”

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-rips-cohen-for-flipping-praises-manafort-in-exclusive-fnc-interview/ar-BBMkfOT?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

If you read the whole thing (like I did) you'll understand exactly why Trump should Never, Ever do a sit down with Mueller unless of course he wants to get away from his wife and kids for awhile.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

If you read the whole thing (like I did) you'll understand exactly why Trump should Never, Ever do a sit down with Mueller unless of course he wants to get away from his wife and kids for awhile.

Yes. Speaking honestly is frowned on in the swamp.

Silver Pines

Yes. Speaking honestly is frowned on in the swamp.

@aligncare

Lmaoo

The guy sounds like Paul Sorvino in “Goodfellas”.   But he’s not the swamp —no way!

Trump fans’ expectations that people praise this joke are getting funnier to me all the time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@aligncare

Lmaoo

The guy sounds like Paul Sorvino in “Goodfellas”.   But he’s not the swamp —no way!

Trump fans’ expectations that people praise this joke are getting funnier to me all the time.

Then, respectfully, you've no idea what's happening.  None.

Yet you flap your gums. 

This is becoming more and more sad to me all the time.

Offline corbe

FTA:

“It almost ought to be outlawed. It’s not fair. Because if somebody’s going to give — spend five years like Michael Cohen, or 10 years, or 15 years in jail because of a taxi cab industry, because he defrauded some bank — the last two were tiny ones,” Trump explained. “You know, campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly. But if somebody defrauded a bank and he’s going to get 10 years in jail or 20 years in jail, but if you can say something bad about Donald Trump and you’ll go down to two or three years, which is the deal he made.”

Trump said that “in all fairness” to Cohen, “most people are going to do that.”

“I’ve seen it many times,” Trump said. “I’ve had many friends involved in this stuff. It’s called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal.”

(emphasize mine)