Author Topic: Hurricane Warning Still in Effect for Big Island  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hurricane Warning Still in Effect for Big Island
« on: August 22, 2018, 06:42:58 pm »
By Big Island Now August 21, 2018

http://bigislandnow.com/2018/08/21/hurricane-warning-still-in-effect-for-big-island/

A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Hawai‘i County.

A Hurricane Watch is still in effect for Maui County including the islands of Maui, Lana‘i, Moloka‘i and Kaho‘olawe and O‘ahu.

At 11 p.m., the center of Hurricane Lane was located near latitude 14.7 North, longitude 154.5 West. Lane is moving toward the west-northwest near 9 mph (15 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue tonight. A turn toward the northwest is expected on Wednesday, followed by a turn to the north-northwest on Thursday.

On the forecast track, the center of Lane will move very close to or over the main Hawaiian Islands from Thursday through Saturday.

Maximum sustained winds are near 160 mph (260 km/h) with higher gusts. Lane is a category 5 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

Slow weakening is forecast during the next 48 hours, but Lane is forecast to remain a dangerous hurricane as it draws closer to the Hawaiian Islands.

Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 40 miles (65 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 140 miles (220 km).

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Hurricane Warning Still in Effect for Big Island
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS REMAIN VULNERABLE AS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE LANE PASSES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND
800 AM HST Wed Aug 22 2018
Maximum sustained winds: 155 MPH
Moving: WNW at 8 MPH
Minimum pressure: 935 MB

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 06:55:44 pm »
MSNBC are already lining up interviews with Hawaii officials ready to bash Trump.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 06:58:16 pm »
Maybe it will fluzh some of the hippies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 07:01:02 pm »
Just got back from HI. My luck with island weather is holding out.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 11:31:53 pm »
A bit concerned about the families condo on Kaanapali Beach Maui. Family owned it since the 1970s and was considering putting it up for sale this year.  Its been hit by smaller storms which removes the sand from the beach replacing it with the lava rock below, taking several months to get back to normal. But this one is far bigger.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 01:27:59 am »
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE Forecast Office Honolulu, HI

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 04:55:38 am »
A bit concerned about the families condo on Kaanapali Beach Maui. Family owned it since the 1970s and was considering putting it up for sale this year.  Its been hit by smaller storms which removes the sand from the beach replacing it with the lava rock below, taking several months to get back to normal. But this one is far bigger.

I hope everything will be fine at your property, as I do for everyone who has property, friends and family there.

Praying it continues to weaken.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:49 am »
Judging by the position of the eye looks like rain is the biggest concern.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 12:07:38 pm »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 12:38:25 pm »
Live satellite -- still showing a Cat 4.  From what I've read the shelters that are available will only sustain 40 mph winds!

...." Officials warned the limited shelter space should be a "last resort" and aren't designed to withstand winds greater than about 40 mph.

"Whenever possible, the public should plan to shelter in place or stay with family or friends in homes outside of these hazard areas that were designed, built, or renovated to withstand anticipated conditions," the city and county of Honolulu said in a news release.........

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-hurricane-lane-category-4-forecast-path-track-live-updates-2018-08-23/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5825329557001/?#sp=watch-live

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:38:59 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 01:35:28 pm »
@Emjay lives in Hawaii so keep her in your prayers...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 04:27:33 pm »
@Emjay lives in Hawaii so keep her in your prayers...

Thank you, @mystery-ak   We are on the south side of Maui and so far, we've just gotten rain and not much of that.  Smitty and I just went for a walk and it is so still it is eerie but we're safe here unless Lane makes a sharp right turn.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 04:33:15 pm »
MSNBC lining up interviews with Hawaii officials ready to bash Trump over the response.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 04:35:30 pm »
Thank you, @mystery-ak   We are on the south side of Maui and so far, we've just gotten rain and not much of that.  Smitty and I just went for a walk and it is so still it is eerie but we're safe here unless Lane makes a sharp right turn.

Good to hear from you..stay safe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 05:40:38 pm »

@Emjay

Great news!  I was just thinking about asking you how you were doing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien