Author Topic: Animal crackers break out of their cages after letter from PETA  (Read 1162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Animal crackers break out of their cages after letter from PETA

By Associated Press
2 Hours Ago

WASHINGTON (AP) - After more than a century behind bars, the beasts on boxes of animal crackers are roaming free.

Mondelez International, the parent company of Nabisco, has redesigned the packaging of its Barnum's Animals crackers after relenting to pressure from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA, which has been protesting the use of animals in circuses for more than 30 years, wrote a letter to Mondelez in the spring of 2016 calling for a redesign.

new

old

more
https://www.circa.com/story/2018/08/21/whoa/animal-crackers-break-out-of-their-cages-after-letter-from-peta
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

Re: Animal crackers break out of their cages after letter from PETA
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 04:44:14 pm »
Animal crackers break out of their cages after letter from PETA

By Associated Press
2 Hours Ago

WASHINGTON (AP) - After more than a century behind bars, the beasts on boxes of animal crackers are roaming free.

Mondelez International, the parent company of Nabisco, has redesigned the packaging of its Barnum's Animals crackers after relenting to pressure from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA, which has been protesting the use of animals in circuses for more than 30 years, wrote a letter to Mondelez in the spring of 2016 calling for a redesign.

I am a member of PETA..... People Eating Tasty Animals < cue rimshot>
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »
I'm mad at Nabisco. I was in Sam's the other day and the "Sample Ladies" were giving out samples of supposedly Fig Newtons. I looked at the package and it contained 2 flavors and neither one was fig. I was in Fiesta and none of the Newtons were fig. Shame on Nabisco. Bring back the Real Fig Newton.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:34:19 pm »
My maternal grandpa use to buy these for me when I was a kid. Phooey. I loved them back then.

If it wasn’t broken for 116 years, why fix it?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 01:49:30 pm »
This time out, without cages those animals can eat you.  New name should be "People Crackers"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 01:53:50 pm »
This time out, without cages those animals can eat you.  New name should be "People Crackers"

Agreed.  If Soylent Green ever becomes real, I hope the first feedstock is PETA members.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:55 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 02:18:17 pm »
I am a member of PETA..... People Eating Tasty Animals < cue rimshot>

Picking on Graphics of Animal crackers?  The PETA pukes should reacquire some balls and start disrupting Fishing Rodeos again.   :silly:

I understand those didn't go to well.   :silly: :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 03:34:17 pm »

Do these also come with marked assholes as do the animal crackers?

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 04:38:00 pm »
Pardon me for thinking the new package is an artistic improvement and a better use of the given space than the cage motif.

That being said, PETA is and always will be an organization built on ludicrous principles.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 07:54:05 pm »
(In whiny voice) ...for just pennies a day, $19 a month, you can help set these poor cartoon animals free!

*****rollingeyes***** **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 08:05:13 pm »
I'm mad at Nabisco. I was in Sam's the other day and the "Sample Ladies" were giving out samples of supposedly Fig Newtons. I looked at the package and it contained 2 flavors and neither one was fig. I was in Fiesta and none of the Newtons were fig. Shame on Nabisco. Bring back the Real Fig Newton.

This guy?

! No longer available