Author Topic: BREAKING>> VERDICT FOR MANAFORT ON 8 CHARGES NO DECISION ON 10 COUNTS  (Read 10203 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING>> VERDICT FOR MANAFORT ON 8 CHARGES NO DECISION ON 10 COUNTS
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2018, 11:05:27 pm »
LOL. Post after post from shut ins and malcontents pining for the strong leadership of Evan McMuffin. Hilarious!

Some of you folks aught to step out of your Section 8 hovels and look around at the real world. No one gives a shit about this DC drama with a bunch of no name hacks getting busted for tax evasion. They do care that the economy is on fire, they have better jobs and money to spend. Trump is doing that. No effing wonder barely any new people show up here. Everyone is discussing shit that is so irrelevant to daily life in America that it may as well be a forum in a foreign language like Portuguese. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2018, 11:16:29 pm »
Middle of August, guaranteed no one’s paying attention to the Manafort verdict.

Online DB

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2018, 11:17:15 pm »
What does that even mean? Honestly, I can’t make heads or tails of any logic that would lead one to make that statement.

What does it mean???

Quit doing the same damn thing expecting a different result. Stop voting for the lesser evil while expecting something other than evil.

I don't really care if our leaders are driving us off the cliff at 85 mph or 35 mph, we're still going over the cliff. We don't have infinite credit and do overs. Our days are numbered if we don't make some real changes. Getting there a little slower isn't the solution to anything, the cliff is in view. It is just asking the bear to eat the other guy first... Neither Trump nor the GOP is doing anything to even actually slow things down. Deficit spending is increasing. Corruption in government is increasing.

Online corbe

« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:53 pm »
    You Trumpers are having a bad couple of days, I get that, still it's no reason to call us Briefers a bunch of no talent hacks, @Frank Cannon where are your manners?

PS:  Evan was a cheap shot.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:50 pm »
LOL. Post after post from shut ins and malcontents pining for the strong leadership of Evan McMuffin. Hilarious!

Some of you folks aught to step out of your Section 8 hovels and look around at the real world. No one gives a shit about this DC drama with a bunch of no name hacks getting busted for tax evasion. They do care that the economy is on fire, they have better jobs and money to spend. Trump is doing that. No effing wonder barely any new people show up here. Everyone is discussing shit that is so irrelevant to daily life in America that it may as well be a forum in a foreign language like Portuguese.

There ya go... "It won't happen to me"... "Can't happen here"... The government credit card is endless... The faith in the US dollar is endless... Government corruption only affects other people... How comforting...

Online DB

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2018, 11:24:38 pm »
    You Trumpers are having a bad couple of days, I get that, still it's no reason to call us Briefers a bunch of no talent hacks, @Frank Cannon where are your manners?

PS:  Evan was a cheap shot.

Just consider the source... It works for him...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2018, 11:28:39 pm »
There ya go... "It won't happen to me"... "Can't happen here"... The government credit card is endless... The faith in the US dollar is endless... Government corruption only affects other people... How comforting...

@DB @Frank Cannon

There is a lot of truth in what Frank said whether we like it or not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2018, 11:29:00 pm »

88devil

Online DB

« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:02 pm »
@DB @Frank Cannon

There is a lot of truth in what Frank said whether we like it or not.

Which "truth" is that?

That I'm section 8 housing?

That ignoring the spending along with the rest of America is just fine?

That ignoring the corruption in government with the rest of American is just fine?

Those truths?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:04 pm »

[...] the EGOP that destroyed the Tea Party.

The rumors of our demise are somewhat premature.

Online DB

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »
88devil

Full of substance as usual... Light but filling eh?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2018, 11:34:34 pm »

You and the Peak Oil Druids can go commiserate in the corner about the end of the world. The rest of the country is going to get up and keep going like we always do and enjoy the prosperity when it happens.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2018, 11:34:50 pm »
What ship is there to get onto other than the U.S. ship?

That is a decision each individual with the means will have to make for themselves.

All most of us will be able to do is to endure, wait for the collapse and raise your head up high because our Redemption draws near.

There is no peaceable political solution to where we have arrived, and math is math.   The amounts added up socially, culturally and economically are going to be the sum regardless of what lies we tell ourselves to give the vain feeling of hope.

We were always only ever one generation away from throwing everything we once were, out the window to embrace ideas and behaviors that are corrosively anathema to the existence of the liberty that was established for us.

Now the rot is into the bones and the cancer into the brain of the body politick.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2018, 11:37:17 pm »
Which "truth" is that?

That I'm section 8 housing?

That ignoring the spending along with the rest of America is just fine?

That ignoring the corruption in government with the rest of American is just fine?

Those truths?

@DB

Try this part
No one gives a shit about this DC drama with a bunch of no name hacks getting busted for tax evasion. They do care that the economy is on fire, they have better jobs and money to spend. Trump is doing that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2018, 11:38:59 pm »
You and the Peak Oil Druids can go commiserate in the corner about the end of the world. The rest of the country is going to get up and keep going like we always do and enjoy the prosperity when it happens.

That sometimes happens despite who is in The Oval and not because of it.  There’s no better example of that than the 90s.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:16 pm »
What does it mean???

Quit doing the same damn thing expecting a different result. Stop voting for the lesser evil while expecting something other than evil.

I don't really care if our leaders are driving us off the cliff at 85 mph or 35 mph, we're still going over the cliff. We don't have infinite credit and do overs. Our days are numbered if we don't make some real changes. Getting there a little slower isn't the solution to anything, the cliff is in view. It is just asking the bear to eat the other guy first... Neither Trump nor the GOP is doing anything to even actually slow things down. Deficit spending is increasing. Corruption in government is increasing.

EXACTLY right.

And as long as people believe the insane idea that their vote is ANYTHING other than an endorsement, this will continue unbound.

You get what you vote *for*.
Voting against anything is a lie.
If you don't approve of something or someone DON'T vote for it.

The only way to stop this cycle of 'lesser evil' is to stop supporting it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2018, 11:40:15 pm »

That is just another way of saying 'Trump can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose a single supporter'.

Which confirms again for me - that there really is no difference in the devotion of supporters of the last Heinous in the White House with the devotion Trump enjoys among his.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2018, 11:45:18 pm »

That sometimes happens despite who is in The Oval and not because of it.  There’s no better example of that than the 90s.

I made a lot of coin in the 90's. Making a lot a coin again. It's rainin' dolla dolla dolla mo fo.....

Online DB

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2018, 11:46:39 pm »

I was never a peak oil person. Ever. Gonna have to find something else.

Sticking your head in the sand regarding printing endless money gets you half of South America.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:57 pm »
Full of substance as usual... Light but filling eh?

Actually, Frank's post was quite substantive ..... and I appreciate it.   

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2018, 12:23:14 am »
I made a lot of coin in the 90's. Making a lot a coin again. It's rainin' dolla dolla dolla mo fo....

So did I, but I don’t have Clinton to thank for it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2018, 12:31:45 am »

So did I, but I don’t have Clinton to thank for it.

Ross Perot. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Online DB

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2018, 01:46:47 am »
Actually, Frank's post was quite substantive ..... and I appreciate it.   

So just come out and own it then. Trillion dollar deficit spending via printing and borrowing money is not a serious problem. Government corruption isn't a serious problem. That your team knows most of the American people don't pay much attention to it and therefore more of the same is the way to go. Lower taxes, up the spending and enjoy the party.

Because that's the "substance" of Frank's post.

At least that clearly defines the lines between us.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:53:21 am by DB »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2018, 01:59:16 am »
So just come out and own it then. Trillion dollar deficit spending via printing and borrowing money is not a serious problem. Government corruption isn't a serious problem. That your team knows most of the American people don't pay much attention to it and therefore more of the same is the way to go. Lower taxes, up the spending and enjoy the party.

Because that's the "substance" of Frank's post.

At least that clearly defines the lines between us.

Irrevocably,  so it seems.

So, we have the Democrat and Leftists that hate us; the Liberal Republican Establishment that hates us; and the Trumplicans who hate us in equal portions because we continue to espouse the ideas we stand for despite the demands that we should shut up about them.

Ah well.  Let's spend trillions more on the credit card and pretend it's 1999!