Author Topic: McConnell Lauds a Do-Little Congress  (Read 326 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
McConnell Lauds a Do-Little Congress
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:13:16 pm »

After earning plaudits for canceling their August recess to work, the Senate came back into session this week for the first time since August 1. They gaveled in to vote at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, and had ended votes for the week by Thursday afternoon at 2:00, less than 24 hours later. For those keeping track, the Senate has worked all of two days so far this month. (That hasn’t stopped senators from complaining about their canceled break, however.)

The story of the Senate’s August—particularly the disparity between the commitments made and the actual results—is the story of this Senate, writ small: Big phenomenal promises! Itty bitty outcomes.

This became all the more evident this week when, during their brief foray into the working world, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell handed out a palm card (PDF) to members of his conference, touting the major accomplishments of the Senate during the 115th Congress.

https://amgreatness.com/2018/08/19/mcconnell-lauds-a-do-little-congress/
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: McConnell Lauds a Do-Little Congress
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »
If the Republican Party gets royally trounced in November, it will be well-deserved, and McConnell will have earned the indifference and contempt he has sown for them.

I certainly will never be voting for another Republican again.

It's a party that either needs to die and go the way of the Whigs, or get folded into the Democrat party where it has performed in unity for nearly a decade while pretending they were an opposition party to Obama.

They are now just become a tax-and-spend-with-little-to-show-for-their-leadership party.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:36:02 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: McConnell Lauds a Do-Little Congress
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »
If the Republican Party gets royally trounced in November, it will be well-deserved, and McConnell will have earned the indifference and contempt he has sown for them.

I certainly will never be voting for another Republican again.

It's a party that either needs to die and go the way of the Whigs, or get folded into the Democrat party where it has performed in unity for nearly a decade while pretending they were an opposition party to Obama.

Wall progress

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/us-mexico-border-wall-being-built-slowly/#slide-1
They are now just become a tax-and-spend-with-little-to-show-for-their-leadership party.

It seems a good portion of the American population has accepted substandard do little government.  They laud small victories.  I remember how Clinton was known for his great economy until everyone lost their jobs to outsourcing and downsizing.  I really would like to know what kind of deals Trump was making with Mexico?  Should have been a game stopper until the wall is built. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:13:51 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.