Author Topic: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'  (Read 20417 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 03:49:40 pm »
And people get mad at  me when I point out that this is the NeverTrumpers HQ.

Mostly because it's not true.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »
Trump is dealing with an uncooperative Congress. Hard to get things done when Congress wants
to maintain the status quo.

Oh puhleeeze!!!!  You people tried selling everyone on the idea that Trump was god-like in his abilities to make 'deals' that serve his purposes, even with the most recalcitrant opponents.

"Only Trump can reign in Congress!";  "Only Trump can bring Democrats to heel"; "Only Trump can save us!"  etc., etc., etc.

You people insisted that only Trump can make great deals with the world's leaders and tyrants that will benefit America.  Only Trump.  Only Trump.

If this so-called demigod of yours in the White House cannot get his own party in Congress to pass his agenda, how the hell is he gonna make 'great deals' with the Democrats to get his agenda passed????????

You bought a con and sold the country a FRAUD.

Congratulations.

Now all you have left is to blame everyone but Trump for the fact he hasn't done as he promised.

Just like the freaking Leftist Democrats do.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 04:08:58 pm »
Well, if the self-described "great dealmaker" can't even make deals with a Congress controlled by his own party, he's likely to be in for a rude awaking if the Dems take the House (or even pick up seats) in November.  Then he'll really see real uncooperativeness.  I've found that anyone can make deals with a cooperative partner, but it takes a true "great dealmaker" to make one with an uncooperative one.  It requires much more than just bullying; it often requires skills such as creativity, flexibility, empathy, and patience.   Those aren't traits that the self-described "great dealmaker" has demonstrated since being in office IMO.  I'm not at all surprised he hasn't made a plethora of "great deals".  He's just a "bad dealmaker" as Ann Coulter said.

Well said.  I didn't get to your reply before I submitted mine after reading jpsb's blame of a do-nothing Congress for Trump's failures.

Great minds think alike!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 04:24:24 pm »
Well said.  I didn't get to your reply before I submitted mine after reading jpsb's blame of a do-nothing Congress for Trump's failures.

Great minds think alike!

@INVAR

:beer:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Timothy Dennis

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:13 pm »
 9999hair out0000  Coulter, so it seems, has become a Republican defector. Trump has accomplished  A LOT in his two years. I think the American public will give him major props for the economy,for one. Why won't she? Where the hell is her head? (in the lap of the Deep State now it seems.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:38:53 pm by Timothy Dennis »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 04:57:25 pm »
"Look at me!"

"Buy my book!"

Offline LMAO

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 05:03:17 pm »
Well, if the self-described "great dealmaker" can't even make deals with a Congress controlled by his own party, he's likely to be in for a rude awaking if the Dems take the House (or even pick up seats) in November.  Then he'll really see real uncooperativeness.  I've found that anyone can make deals with a cooperative partner, but it takes a true "great dealmaker" to make one with an uncooperative one.  It requires much more than just bullying; it often requires skills such as creativity, flexibility, empathy, and patience.   Those aren't traits that the self-described "great dealmaker" has demonstrated since being in office IMO.  I'm not at all surprised he hasn't made a plethora of "great deals".  He's just a "bad dealmaker" as Ann Coulter said.

Shooild the House to Democrat this November, I have a hunch were probably going to see a somewhat leftward tilt of this administration

If he can’t  veto spending bills from a Republican Congress,  my guess is he’ll sign on to every single Democrat bill that comes before his desk
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 05:04:52 pm »
Shooild the House to Democrat this November, I have a hunch were probably going to see a somewhat leftward tilt of this administration

If he can’t  veto spending bills from a Republican Congress,  my guess is he’ll sign on to every single Democrat bill that comes before his desk

And I suppose the cry will still be, "Stop worrying about him being 'conservative'...at least he's 'getting things done'"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »
   Granted she's got a new book to hawk but someone needs to get this bi1ch back on the plantation.

@corbe

She could use some Southern cooking.

I need to help you in your posting of balanced articles around here.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2018, 05:19:34 pm »
Bull, I still like Ann. But I am worried about The Wall and if Trump does not fight next month to get
funding for the wall I'll join Ann in bashing Trump. That was his number one promise and the issue
that elected him. He damn well better fight for it.

Ann is a matter of personal taste.  I used to like her and not because she was 'all Trump' when it suited her.  She and her little Buddy Drudge blow in the wind for their own advantages.

Trump has never stopped fighting for the wall but I hope you're not expecting him to build it himself.  He needs funding and support from Congress and he can't magically conjure those things up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 05:25:05 pm »
I watched part of the rally yesterday.  You are absolutely right.  His only defense is how bad the Democratic party is.  ICE is ICE.  They should be doing their job.  So should he.  He was talking about NAFTA in general, and the deal with Mexico.  He said its all about the cars.  I wasn't sure if I was hearing right but he may have sold out our agriculture for cars?  Omnibus spending?  shameful.

And he threw out some numbers at the rally yesterday that need some fact checking.

@Chosen Daughter   Your knowledge of world economy is about as good as mine is, in other words, zilch, zero, nada.

And why is it a sin with some people here to point out the alternative ... the dark side.

The dark side is Very dark and getting darker.  The enemy of my enemy is still my friend.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »
Trump has never stopped fighting for the wall but I hope you're not expecting him to build it himself.  He needs funding and support from Congress and he can't magically conjure those things up.

We were told he could do just that.  Only Trump could magically make deals happen that benefit him where none have happened before.  Only Trump could bring recalcitrants to the table to sign onto his plans and vision to do things.  That is what was insisted.  That is what was flung in our face every single day during the campaign.

Now all-of-a-sudden Trump cannot do anything because a recalcitrant Congress will not deal with him.

Just more proof the Trump fanatics sold the country a FRAUD.

And the easily beguiled bought into the snake oil salesman pitch because they suffered itching ear syndrome and MAGA! tickled them deep.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 05:34:16 pm »
Mostly because it's not true.

Some days it is true, other days it isn't.  It's true today.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2018, 05:40:10 pm »
We were told he could do just that.  Only Trump could magically make deals happen that benefit him where none have happened before.  Only Trump could bring recalcitrants to the table to sign onto his plans and vision to do things.  That is what was insisted.  That is what was flung in our face every single day during the campaign.

Now all-of-a-sudden Trump cannot do anything because a recalcitrant Congress will not deal with him.

Just more proof the Trump fanatics sold the country a FRAUD.

And the easily beguiled bought into the snake oil salesman pitch because they suffered itching ear syndrome and MAGA! tickled them deep.

@INVAR   We were not told that Trump could build a wall with his bare hands.  Anyone who believed that is an idiot.

Trump was passionate about a wall during the campaign.  I was never that sold on it.  I thought there were better ways to handle the illegal alien problem.

Trump appealed to voters for many reasons and he has continued to follow through and fight for his promises.  If this country were a dictatorship, he could magically do his will.

You know perfectly well that Trump is dependent on Congress for the money and the passage of a bill supporting the wall.

You also know that the Republicans in congress have too many lazy, entitled quitters in their ranks.

So, don't go blaming everything on Trump.  It makes you look somewhat less than smart.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2018, 05:49:35 pm »
@INVAR   We were not told that Trump could build a wall with his bare hands.

Wrong.

We were told and it was insisted that ONLY TRUMP could get the wall built.  ONLY TRUMP would be able to get Congress to make the deal to build it.  That is what we were told.  That is what was shouted at us. Some idiots even imagined that Trump would use his own money to pay for it - with a big fat gold door in the middle.

If this country were a dictatorship, he could magically do his will.

And there were some in his fanbase suggesting and hoping for that very thing.

You know perfectly well that Trump is dependent on Congress for the money and the passage of a bill supporting the wall.

That is exactly what we said during the campaign - and we were told to shut up about our concerns because ONLY TRUMP could get congress to cooperate with him to 'make the best deals' for the 'mercian people.

You also know that the Republicans in congress have too many lazy, entitled quitters in their ranks.

We were told Trump could make deals with the most recalcitrant people to get his way.  This was the major reason it was being sold that we needed to vote for Trump.  His business acumen to make deals no one else could make and to get those who opposed him to sign onto his ventures.

So, don't go blaming everything on Trump.  It makes you look somewhat less than smart.

I'm not blaming Trump.  I'm citing the fact that his fanbase bought a con, and sold us a fraud.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 05:49:50 pm »
I'm not sure why President Trump needs congress to fund the wall, when he told us Mexico was going to pay for it, just sayin'.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2018, 07:13:14 pm »
And people get mad at  me when I point out that this is the NeverTrumpers HQ.

@jpsb

I just scrolled halfway down the Editorial page.  There were only a couple of articles with a negative POV toward Trump.

Same with the National News board.

The Politics board—-3 or 4.

The rest are all pro-Trump.  So y’all need to stop your lying about TBR.

Now if your sensibilities are so delicate that a breath of Trump criticism is too much for you, I know of a fan site for you.  There, you can find senior ladies squealing about how “cute” he is (still) and SuperFans who can tell you the name of the next-door neighbor of Trump’s cousin’s college roommate.  I wish I were exaggerating, but I’m not.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2018, 07:13:38 pm »
I'm not sure why President Trump needs congress to fund the wall, when he told us Mexico was going to pay for it, just sayin'.

@GrouchoTex

Lol

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:36 am »
@jpsb

I just scrolled halfway down the Editorial page.  There were only a couple of articles with a negative POV toward Trump.

Same with the National News board.

The Politics board—-3 or 4.

The rest are all pro-Trump.  So y’all need to stop your lying about TBR.

Now if your sensibilities are so delicate that a breath of Trump criticism is too much for you, I know of a fan site for you.  There, you can find senior ladies squealing about how “cute” he is (still) and SuperFans who can tell you the name of the next-door neighbor of Trump’s cousin’s college roommate.  I wish I were exaggerating, but I’m not.

:rolling:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 12:45:49 am »
This is what you get when a candidate is only good at delivering meaningless superlatives and platitudes.

I think you might have that a bit backward.  IMO, this is what you get when a populace is only good at following meaningless superlatives and platitudes.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 12:47:48 am »

:rolling:

@LMAO

Truth!

I won't name her, but before I left TOS, I told her that if she ever went to a Trump rally he'd better have good security because she would rush the stage.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 01:00:14 am »
Trump is dealing with an uncooperative Congress. Hard to get things done when Congress wants
to maintain the status quo.

Tump made them uncooperative. Pissed off absolutely everyone he would need to govern.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 01:10:39 am »
Tump made them uncooperative. Pissed off absolutely everyone he would need to govern.

Probably true, but he didn't make them incompetent. 

They may not support his agenda, and that's okay because that's not their job, but they're also not supporting their so-called agenda that got them elected.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2018, 01:33:50 am »
Probably true, but he didn't make them incompetent. 

They may not support his agenda, and that's okay because that's not their job, but they're also not supporting their so-called agenda that got them elected.

That'd be right. Though most have to kowtow to their leadership if they are to be effective at all... and congressional leadership is decidedly against Conservatism.

Edited to add: That leadership which Tump is endorsing....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:35:24 am by roamer_1 »