Author Topic: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'  (Read 20410 times)

Online corbe

Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:41:04 pm »

by Eddie Scarry

August 21, 2018 12:55 PM

Bestselling author and conservative commentator Ann Coulter, once a diehard supporter of President Trump, now says the former celebrity businessman isn't the supreme dealmaker he claimed to be and that a better role for him might just be to serve as the Republican Party's spokesman.

In an interview Tuesday with the Washington Examiner, Coulter said specifically on immigration policy and his promise to build a wall on the Mexican border that Trump has fallen well short of his personally reinforced image as a master broker for his supporters.

"I think those claims have been exaggerated," said Coulter. "Wow, I've never seen such a bad dealmaker."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ann-coulter-on-trump-ive-never-seen-such-a-bad-dealmaker
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:41:56 pm »
   Granted she's got a new book to hawk but someone needs to get this bi1ch back on the plantation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:50:32 pm »
   Granted she's got a new book to hawk but someone needs to get this bi1ch back on the plantation.

Coulter lost all of my respect when she pedaled Trump but she is right.  Unfortunately she sold us the bad deal maker.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:14:16 pm »
Coulter's opinion is hers and simply more media noise.
As for Trump, his mother described him as incorrigible when
he was 12 and sent him to military school, but what changed??

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »
Coulter lost all of my respect when she pedaled Trump but she is right.  Unfortunately she sold us the bad deal maker.

Yup.  That she did.

Which means even though Trump is a proven fraud as the immortal deal-maker it was insisted he was, Coulter has no ability to discern and her judgement is invalid in terms of what she has to say.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:13 pm »
This post has the smell of corbe on it.   Was he the OP?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 07:29:46 pm »
    Absolutely, @The Ghost you should check out my latest 'crap stirrer' in Scandal.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,328865.0.html

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 07:32:34 pm »
    Absolutely, @The Ghost you should check out my latest 'crap stirrer' in Scandal.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,328865.0.html

I'll be on it like Michael Avenatti sniffing Stormy Daniels underwear.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 05:26:53 am »

Would anyone actually buy an Ann Coulter book?  What's with these book deals that turns people in space aliens?  Is that much advance given on a book deal.

I can't stand her.  She's thin but that doesn't give her an excuse to blow in the wind.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 05:29:05 am »
Coulter's opinion is hers and simply more media noise.
As for Trump, his mother described him as incorrigible when
he was 12 and sent him to military school, but what changed??

@Absalom    I have zero respect for Trump's mother.  She could not handle a strong-willed kid and she took the easy way out.  Not only that, she chose to diss her own son to justify her cowardice.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 05:30:03 am »
Would anyone actually buy an Ann Coulter book?  What's with these book deals that turns people in space aliens?  Is that much advance given on a book deal.

I can't stand her.  She's thin but that doesn't give her an excuse to blow in the wind.

Did you like her during the campaign when she was Trumps greatest fan?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:32:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 05:35:53 am »

Well, @Chosen Daughter ....  I wasn't a fan of Trump during the campaign myself, but I haven't liked Ann for years.  She is an opportunist whose popularity has been flagging and will do anything to get back in the spotlight or maybe get invited on some talk show where she can toss her hair and cross her legs several times.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 05:57:07 am »
Well, @Chosen Daughter ....  I wasn't a fan of Trump during the campaign myself, but I haven't liked Ann for years.  She is an opportunist whose popularity has been flagging and will do anything to get back in the spotlight or maybe get invited on some talk show where she can toss her hair and cross her legs several times.

Well there is something about Anne......At least she doesn't continue to pretend that everything is still awesome.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 06:03:24 am »

AT's have a habit of loving anyone in the media circles who sing DJT's praises.

But watch what happens if they turn critical........   The AT's turn on them like a pack of hungry jackals.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 06:12:57 am »

But watch what happens if they turn critical........   The AT's turn on them like a pack of hungry jackals.

So true.

Does Anne do FOX News anymore?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:13:37 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 09:22:02 am »

That’s hilarious.  Have you ever read you? 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 01:19:00 pm »
Ann is still my gal.

It's called marketing.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Concerned

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 01:38:39 pm »

I think anyone with a semblence of objectivity should be able to now see this by now.  The President has had ample opportunity (e.g., ObamaCare, Omnibus Spending Bill, DACA, North Korea, the Wall, etc.) to display is "great dealmaker" skills yet we haven't seen all that many "great deals".   I found that truly "great dealmakers" have a variety of tools in their dealmaking toolbox, but Trump seems to primarily rely on bullying to get what he wants.  That technique doesn't seem to be working all that well to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 02:08:16 pm »
I think anyone with a semblence of objectivity should be able to now see this by now.  The President has had ample opportunity (e.g., ObamaCare, Omnibus Spending Bill, DACA, North Korea, the Wall, etc.) to display is "great dealmaker" skills yet we haven't seen all that many "great deals".   I found that truly "great dealmakers" have a variety of tools in their dealmaking toolbox, but Trump seems to primarily rely on bullying to get what he wants.  That technique doesn't seem to be working all that well to me.

I watched part of the rally yesterday.  You are absolutely right.  His only defense is how bad the Democratic party is.  ICE is ICE.  They should be doing their job.  So should he.  He was talking about NAFTA in general, and the deal with Mexico.  He said its all about the cars.  I wasn't sure if I was hearing right but he may have sold out our agriculture for cars?  Omnibus spending?  shameful.

And he threw out some numbers at the rally yesterday that need some fact checking.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 03:13:19 pm »
This is what you get when a candidate is only good at delivering meaningless superlatives and platitudes.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:58 pm »

Bull, I still like Ann. But I am worried about The Wall and if Trump does not fight next month to get
funding for the wall I'll join Ann in bashing Trump. That was his number one promise and the issue
that elected him. He damn well better fight for it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:20:45 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 03:25:15 pm »

Trump is dealing with an uncooperative Congress. Hard to get things done when Congress wants
to maintain the status quo.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 03:27:05 pm »
And people get mad at  me when I point out that this is the NeverTrumpers HQ.

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 03:30:20 pm »
Never Sychophant HQ is more accurate, but whatever.....

Offline Concerned

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 03:41:12 pm »
Trump is dealing with an uncooperative Congress. Hard to get things done when Congress wants
to maintain the status quo.

Well, if the self-described "great dealmaker" can't even make deals with a Congress controlled by his own party, he's likely to be in for a rude awaking if the Dems take the House (or even pick up seats) in November.  Then he'll really see real uncooperativeness.  I've found that anyone can make deals with a cooperative partner, but it takes a true "great dealmaker" to make one with an uncooperative one.  It requires much more than just bullying; it often requires skills such as creativity, flexibility, empathy, and patience.   Those aren't traits that the self-described "great dealmaker" has demonstrated since being in office IMO.  I'm not at all surprised he hasn't made a plethora of "great deals".  He's just a "bad dealmaker" as Ann Coulter said.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.