Author Topic: Trans students: A test of identity for U.S. girls schools  (Read 738 times)

Offline endicom

Trans students: A test of identity for U.S. girls schools
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:00:56 pm »
Reuters
Tea Kvetenadze
Aug. 18, 2018

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Secondary schools for girls across the United States are grappling with a difficult and increasingly common question: what is the best approach when a student or applicant no longer identifies as female or is going through a gender transition?

As students who are openly transgender or non-binary - those who identify as neither male nor female - have become more visible at girls schools in recent years, educators are re-defining policies on admission, retention and other issues.

The challenge, experts say, is to create policies that support and respect students while preserving the historic mission of these schools to educate and empower young women in exclusively female environments.

More... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-education-transgender/trans-students-a-test-of-identity-for-u-s-girls-schools-idUSKBN1L30B7

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trans students: A test of identity for U.S. girls schools
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:24:51 pm »
Here's an idea - they have to be who they are until they of an age to make a decision to be something else, which is after they have graduated from high school.  How about there is enough stuff to go through and learn as an adolescent, we don't need to throw gender changing in the mix too?  For either the mixed up child or his/her classmates.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:39:41 pm »
Here's an idea - they have to be who they are until they of an age to make a decision to be something else, which is after they have graduated from high school.  How about there is enough stuff to go through and learn as an adolescent, we don't need to throw gender changing in the mix too?  For either the mixed up child or his/her classmates.

You should be running that school.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:59:37 pm »
The inmates are now subletting the asylum. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »
You should be running that school.

I would love to. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 04:24:46 pm »
I know a lesbian who was showing signs of bring a wild child, and her parents were worried about her running with boys and getting pregnant, so they sent her to a girls school.  She said it was like Brer Rabbit getting thrown into the briar patch!  :laugh:

This trans stuff is going to be very thorny, as you not only have m2f trying to get in, but if you restrict it to biologically female, you could have f2m residents.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 04:48:39 pm »
Generally speaking, it is boys who want to be girls - not many girls want to be a boy.  The way out of this for girls' schools is, "Show me your parts"  If there is a penis, that is a boy - did you know that?

A penis has two purposes, it lets out "used" water and it can be used for creating a child.  Did you know that?  A girl's female part has two purposes, it lets out "used water" and can be used to create a child.  Did you know that?

The reason I defined parts of males and females is, I think people have forgotten the reason for these parts.  I do not care if, in their brain/mind, they want to be what they are not.  A school for girls means the students have a female part, not a male part.  Hire a doctor to look at those parts; his report determines if that student can be in a girl's school.

This country is going down.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 07:10:15 pm »
Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Same shit different year.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 07:12:14 pm »
Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Same shit different year.

Except that Holly didn't feel entitled to make high school accommodate her desire to be a she.