Author Topic: Apple store in Amsterdam evacuated and three staff treated 'after iPad explodes'  (Read 358 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Apple store in Amsterdam evacuated and three staff treated 'after iPad explodes'

Three staff were treated for potentially inhaling noxious fumes caused by a punctured battery, according to reports.

UK, Monday 20 August 2018

Preview of the new Apple Store in Amsterdam, on March 1, 2012. The new store, the first in the Benelux, opens his doors on March 3. AFP PHOTO/ANP ADE JOHNSON netherlands out (Photo credit should read ADE JOHNSON/AFP/Getty Images)
Image: The Apple store in Amsterdam was evacuated

An Apple store in the Netherlands was evacuated after an iPad battery exploded and released noxious fumes into the air, according to reports.

Three members of staff at the shop in Amsterdam had breathing problems and were treated at the scene, the city's fire service said in a tweet.

Read more at: https://news.sky.com/story/apple-store-in-amsterdam-evacuated-and-three-staff-treated-after-ipad-explodes-11477651

Could one of these phones, any brand, not necessarily Apple explode on a plane? This seems to be problematic. I know the chances of these little devices exploding is probably one out of 10,000,000 but it does seem like it is possible.  Does anyone know?

I-pad, I-phone, I thought the first story I read from Mashable had it as a phone.  A bit of a buzz on this story today.

Customers did have to flee the store from what I saw.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:42:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

"This iPad will self-destruct in ten seconds. Good luck, Jim."