Author Topic: Joe DiGenova: Process is underway declassifying documents  (Read 969 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe DiGenova: Process is underway declassifying documents
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:57:35 pm »
Joe DiGenova: Process is underway declassifying documents
American Thinker, Aug 19, 2018, Thomas Lifson

Former US Attorney for DC Joseph DiGenova is one of the smartest, most energetic, and clearest-thinking lawyers on the conservative side. He knows what he is talking about, and he doesn’t mince words. The video of him speaking for 12 minutes with Howie Carr on Carr’s Newsmax TV show, embedded below, is must-watch material, and well worth the twelve minutes it will take.

The first thing that DiGenova does is bust wide open the Russia Collusion fantasy and re-frame the issue as a conspiracy against President Trump, a theory explaining the events of the past two years with far better evidence than the theory that President Trump is a pawn of Putin. But then he gets into explaining what is underway beneath the surface: the process of declassifying documents that implicate the cabal is underway, based on hints that DiGenova has picked up from his many contacts.

I would bet a substantial amount of money that Joe knows exactly what he is talking about. My assumption all along has been that President Trump has a strategy for countering the cabal and has been handing them rope with which to hang themselves once he exercises his authority to declassify information that has been so far kept from the public. The confident attitudes and body language we see from Trump defenders with access to classified material, people like Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, and Matt Gaetz, suggests that Joe’s scenario is very likely to play out.

Watch and enjoy:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/joe_digenova_process_is_underway_declassifying_documents.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Joe DiGenova: Process is underway declassifying documents
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:05:06 pm »
I've been saying for months that this is EXACTLY what needs to, has to, be done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:14:01 pm »
So, the bad guys knew that Trump could declassify docs if he wanted to - what sort of plans have they put in place for if he does so? 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:17:32 pm »
So, the bad guys knew that Trump could declassify docs if he wanted to - what sort of plans have they put in place for if he does so?

I think they were sure he would be gone by now and never got that far with their planning.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 02:26:12 pm »
I've been saying for months that this is EXACTLY what needs to, has to, be done!

It could be a matter of timing. Manafort has been conceptually tied to Trump and that matter is coming to a head. The Mueller investigation of Trump has clearly produced nothing. The upcoming elections should be a factor. Maybe it's all about the timing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »
I think they were sure he would be gone by now and never got that far with their planning.

Gone how?  They are more stupid than evil if they thought that.  They really thought an R majority Congress would impeach him and toss him out on his ear?  Or, he would be in jail?  Pretty darn stupid, either way.  And, if he had been impeached, Pence would be the president - and he could have declassified whatever he wanted.  I dunno, something is missing here.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »
Gone how?  They are more stupid than evil if they thought that.  They really thought an R majority Congress would impeach him and toss him out on his ear?  Or, he would be in jail?  Pretty darn stupid, either way.  And, if he had been impeached, Pence would be the president - and he could have declassified whatever he wanted.  I dunno, something is missing here.

Yes! What's missing is that you are unwilling to believe that they really are that stupid.  I'm not.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 02:37:01 pm »
Yes! What's missing is that you are unwilling to believe that they really are that stupid.  I'm not.

That could be, Bigun.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 03:04:19 pm »
! No longer available

Only 'problem' I can see here is....reason that President Trump didn't declassify specific things in his 'defense' was that everything would then be subject to declassification.   Couldn't be selective.

So that must not be true.

One thing for sure:  What Hillary meant when she screamed "...you'd better fix this sh*t, or we're ALL gonna swing"...is coming into focus.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald