Author Topic: ‘We owe these people’: Trump loyalists find soft landings after getting ousted  (Read 422 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/19/trump-officials-jobs-campaign-political-groups-788022
When Carl Higbie’s degrading comments about African-Americans, women, gays and Muslims surfaced in January, he resigned from his job in the Trump administration. Yet just two months later, the former Navy SEAL landed at the pro-Trump group America First Policies, earning roughly the same amount as his White House salary, he says.

Higbie, who worked on advocacy issues and tax events for America First, said he never intended to stay at the group forever. But he acknowledges it gave him a soft landing among sympathetic peers at a low point in his career.

<snip>

Donors are starting to notice. Some have expressed concerns about hard-fought fundraising dollars bankrolling Trump’s crew. The wall-to-wall coverage of the Trump campaign’s $15,000-a-month offer to Manigault Newman has revived long-simmering concerns about how donor money is being spent.

“I have talked to several donors who share my concern about these entities being used as dumping grounds for former allies and staffers to muzzle them,” said Dan Eberhart, an energy company executive and Republican donor. “I don’t think it’s a good practice. Ultimately, donors are giving money to wage a successful campaign not to fund people’s golden parachutes out of the White House.”

More at link

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 ****sheep****  Only the best!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.