Author Topic: Judge Ellis Declines Motion by CNN, WaPo to Release Names of Manafort Jurors – Reveals ‘I HAVE BEEN  (Read 1001 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manafort judge says he's received threats
By Lydia Wheeler - 08/17/18 02:25 PM EDT

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The judge in the tax and bank fraud trial against one-time Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort said Friday he’s been threatened over the case, denying a request from media outlets to release the names and addresses of the jurors.

Judge T.S. Ellis III said he's not going to reveal the specifics of the threats he received.

"I have the marshals' protection," he said.

In denying the request from CNN, the Associated Press, Politico, NBC News, The New York Times, The Washington Post and BuzzFeed News, Ellis said he has no reason to believe the jurors wouldn’t also be exposed to threats if their names were revealed.

“I had no idea this case would excite these emotions, I will tell you frankly,” he said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/402369-manafort-judge-says-hes-received-threats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Manafort judge says he's received threats
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »
Such threats don't surprise me .. considering the prosecution.

But the brass of the media to want the names of the jurors .... period, never mind while they're deliberating, is outrageous.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:13:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Ellis Declines Motion by CNN, WaPo to Release Names of Manafort Jurors – Reveals ‘I HAVE BEEN THREATENED’
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila August 17, 2018

T.S. Ellis, III, Senior U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Va, at the Investiture ceremony of Stuart Nash to be Associate Judge at the D.C. Superior Court. June 4, 2010. Photo by Diego M. Radzinschi/THE NATIONAL LAW JOURNAL.
CNN, Wapo and Buzzfeed are demanding the names and addresses of the Manafort jurors be released to the public.

On Friday, Judge Ellis, a Reagan appointee, revealed he has received threats, however; he did not provide details.

Judge Ellis declined a motion by WaPo, CNN and Buzzfeed to unseal jurors names, reported Courthouse News reporter Brandi Buchman.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/judge-ellis-declines-motion-by-cnn-wapo-to-release-names-of-manafort-jurors-reveals-i-have-been-threatened/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 CNN Just Sued The Government To Get The Names And Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/17/cnn-just-sued-government-get-names-addresses-manafort-jurors/
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“A thirsty press is essential in a free country,” the Judge said in announcing the hearing.

WTF?  More like a dirty drunk press.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is attempted jury tampering by the press ....

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/17/cnn-just-sued-government-get-names-addresses-manafort-jurors/ 

Tell me again how our media is not the enemy of a free people.

Offline jpsb

Re: Manafort judge says he's received threats
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 07:36:04 pm »
Such threats don't surprise me .. considering the prosecution.

But the brass of the media to want the names of the jurors .... period, never mind while they're deliberating, is outrageous.

Agreed, and I feel confident that it is not Manafort's defenders that are making threats. Glad he
has US Marshals for protection and not FBI agents.

Offline mountaineer

CNN Just Sued The Government To Get The Names And Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
Absolutely absurd. Shame on CNN.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why don't these members of the media simply ask Mueller's office for the names?  They've been willing to leak everything else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Absolutely absurd. Shame on CNN.

They are scared spitless and desperate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And this "press" is NOT the enemy of the people?

Steve Scalise's attempted murder?

Maxine Waters urging aggression?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

And this "press" is NOT the enemy of the people?

Steve Scalise's attempted murder?

Maxine Waters urging aggression?

Right TS,,,more deaths, for years ,being Arkancided.  Scalia, too. Seth Rich.