Author Topic: China Buckles, Sends Trade Delegation to Washington to Seek End of Trade War  (Read 3919 times)

Offline thackney

You are wrong, yet again @Suppressed

For the biggest group of American workers, wages aren’t just flat. They’re falling.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/15/for-the-biggest-group-of-american-workers-wages-arent-just-flat-theyre-falling/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c774f12e8c64

The average hourly wage paid to a key group of American workers has fallen from last year when accounting for inflation, as an economy that appears strong by several measures continues to fail to create bigger paychecks, the federal government said Tuesday.

For workers in “production and nonsupervisory” positions, the value of the average paycheck has declined in the past year. For those workers, average “real wages” — a measure of pay that takes inflation into account — fell from $22.62 in May 2017 to $22.59 in May 2018, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said.

This pool of workers includes those in manufacturing and construction jobs, as well as all “nonsupervisory” workers in service industries such health care or fast food. The group accounts for about four-fifths of the privately employed workers in America, according to BLS....

- - - - - - -

REAL EARNINGS–JULY 2018
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf

Real average hourly earnings for all employees were unchanged from June to July, seasonally adjusted,
the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from a 0.3-percent increase in
average hourly earnings combined with a 0.2-percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for All
Urban Consumers (CPI-U).
Real average weekly earnings decreased 0.2 percent over the month due to no change in real average
hourly earnings combined with a 0.3-percent decrease in the average workweek.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:02:31 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Noticed you conveniently  left off the "debt" aspect of the comment.  The ***** is no better than his predecessor.

Not surprised
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:07:17 pm by MOD3 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

No, actually I'm right, because I can read what I wrote and you obviously don't.

I said REAL wages.

Yes, paychecks look bigger because the guy in the Oval Office is using Obama-Trump economics: borrow, print, and spend.  We get a false sense of prosperity because the numbers go up...while each dollar buys less and we're worse off, not to mention the extra debt our children will face.

Real average hourly earnings down 0.2 percent over the 12 months ending July 2018
AUGUST 15, 2018

Real average hourly earnings for all employees decreased 0.2 percent from July 2017 to July 2018.  The decline in real average hourly earnings combined with the 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in a 0.1-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this 12-month period. 
https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2018/real-average-hourly-earnings-down-0-point-2-percent-over-the-12-months-ending-july-2018.htm

Yes, mindless Trump supporters and other sheep think we're seeing success, but I'd hope the ones with brains would say, "STOP!  You're making things worse!"  Am I too optimistic?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Meanwjile, real wages have fallen in the US in 2018 as Trump boats the national debt.

@Suppressed

Way to go! Always looking for a cloud over every ray of sunshine,ain't ya?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed

Way to go! Always looking for a cloud over every ray of sunshine,ain't ya?

I'm trying to part the rainbows and Skittles® to point out reality.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I thought this thread was about Us-China trade discussions?

I guess a Mod should adjust the title to: 
404 Error Trade discussion not found but .... US wages up Purchasing power down. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.