Author Topic: August 14 primaries - Connecticut, Vermont, Minnesota, Wisconsin: #primaries  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Sen Bernie Sanders easily won Vermont’s Democratic primary. But he plans to reject the nomination and run again as an Independent.

Breaking from New York Times Wire
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

4 states vote in key primary elections

It's primary night: Voters are casting their ballots in four states — Connecticut, Minnesota, Vermont and Wisconsin.

What to watch: In Minnesota, Democratic Sen. Tina Smith is running to serve the rest of former Sen. Al Franken's term. (Franken resigned from office over allegations that he touched women inappropriately.) In Vermont, Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders is up for re-election and Christine Hallquist aims to become the first transgender candidate for governor in American history.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/primary-elections-results-august-14/index.html

The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Did we a week ago, have a separate thread for the primaries??? Okay, found the thread in politics.

I guess a few states voted today.

I got some sort of special message on my phone about Bernie winning.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:50:15 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@TomSea

I didn’t know if we had a separate place for primaries. If we do, I’m sorry. Maybe a mod can move these two threads I just posted.

Thanks

(I was getting alerts on my iphone)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:51:54 am by Freya »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tina Smith is formerly with planned parenthood in some capacity, so I think that is very bad. She may well win the D primary in Minnesota, almost an assumption. She shows how the Democrat party is so tied up to special interest groups, say, something like planned parenthood.  A real negative to me.

Offline Mod1

Topics merged.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Christine Hallquist, a Democrat from Vermont becomes first transgendered candidate to be nominated for a governorship by a major party

Breaking 🚨

Cnn headline
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:44:29 am by Freya »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Acclaimed Connecticut teacher Hayes wins US House primary

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A former National Teacher of the Year defeated a veteran politician on Tuesday in the Democratic primary for a U.S. House seat currently held by U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty, who agreed not to seek re-election amid criticism over her mishandling of a sexual harassment case in her Washington office.

Wolcott educator Jahana Hayes, who won the national award in 2016, topped former Simsbury First Selectman Mary Glassman, a two-time lieutenant governor candidate. If she wins the general election in November, Hayes, 45, will be the first black woman to win a Connecticut congressional seat.

https://apnews.com/2b57315bf49546e4842a83403b4226e0?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
AP Politics
‏Verified account @AP_Politics
16m16 minutes ago

BREAKING: Tony Evers wins Democratic nomination for governor in Wisconsin primary election. #APracecall at 9:00 p.m. CDT. #Election2018 #WIprimary
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Latest on Wisconsin's primary election (all times local):

9:03 p.m.

Wisconsin state schools chief Tony Evers has won the Democratic primary for governor and will face Republican Gov. Scott Walker in November.

Evers emerged from a field of eight candidates in Tuesday's primary.

He was the only candidate to have won election statewide before and now faces his biggest challenge against Walker.

Walker has built up a big financial advantage for his re-election bid. He's already run more than a dozen television ads touting his record of the past eight years.

___

8:55 p.m.

A former aide to House Speaker Paul Ryan has won the Wisconsin Republican primary race to replace him.

Bryan Steil (STY'-uhl) won Tuesday over five other competitors. Steil far outraised his opponents and secured the backing of prominent donors and Republicans, including Ryan.

He will face either Randy Bryce or Cathy Myers in November.

Steil is general counsel for Charter NEX Films Inc., an independent producer of polyethylene film used for food and consumer packaging. He previously worked eight years as a corporate attorney at electric motor manufacturer Regal Beloit Corporation.

He is from Janesville, the same hometown as Ryan, in southeast Wisconsin, not far from the Illinois border. The congressional district leans Republican.

More:  https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2018-08-14/the-latest-polls-open-in-wisconsins-primary-election

Online Right_in_Virginia

Christine Hallquist, a Democrat from Vermont becomes first transgendered candidate to be nominated for a governorship by a major party

Breaking 🚨

Cnn headline

***suicide***

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thanks for all the updates..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
AP Politics
‏Verified account @AP_Politics
27m27 minutes ago

BREAKING: Ilhan Omar wins Democratic nomination for U.S. House in Minnesota's 5th congressional district. #APracecall at 8:56 p.m. CDT. #Election2018 #MNprimary
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

888mouth
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Breaking 🚨

Cnn headline

Oh how nice for Vermont.  A candidate that is so confused they can't even figure out what sex they are.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

888mouth

Roxanne
The Police

Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night
Roxanne
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Roxanne
Roxanne

put on the red light
(Roxanne) put on the red light
Oh!

I loved you since I knew ya
I wouldn't talk down to ya
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy
I know my mind is made up
So put away your make-up
Told you once, I won't tell you again it's a bad way

Roxanne
Roxanne
You don't…
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:47:59 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Chosen Daughter

I put that red light light on because it’s supposed to be a siren emoji like the siren emoji Drudge uses when there’s a breaking story.

I’m sorry if you thought it meant something else. It’s actually a police siren. Oh_- good pun!

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

I put that red light light on because it’s supposed to be a siren emoji like the siren emoji Drudge uses when there’s a breaking story.

I’m sorry if you thought it meant something else. It’s actually a police siren. Oh_- good pun!

Oh, how funny!  I really didn't even notice the siren.  The song just came into my mind when I saw her/it.  Thinking it is going to get a new job so she doesn't have to turn on the red light.  LOL!