State Chapters > NY/NJ

New York City’s booming economy is bad news for the far left

(1/1)

endicom:
New York Post
Michael Goodwin
Aug. 14, 2018

Mother always said it’s not nice to laugh while others cry, but there are exceptions. One is on display now in New York.

“It’s New ‘Work’ City! Rec­ord Low Jobless,” read the headline on Page 2 of Tuesday’s Post. The news is extremely good for workers, families and businesses — and very bad for the deep blue political class.

There are more than 4 millions jobs in the five boroughs, and the unemployment rate stands at a measly 4.2 percent — both are records, according to the quarterly report from Comptroller Scott Stringer. He found that, from April through June, 13,800 net new jobs were added, with 6,000 of them in high-wage sectors like securities that have average annual salaries of $220,000. Another encouraging sign — government jobs fell by 1,000.

Lest the carpers carp about the rich getting richer, the report notes that every borough achieved a new low unemployment rate. They range from 3.4 percent in Queens to 5.3 percent in The Bronx.

Republican tax cuts in Washington for both businesses and families, along with reductions in regulations, are the clear causes. The nation’s GDP grew by a whopping 4.1 percent, though the city trailed that, growing by a still-respectable 2.7 percent.

More... https://nypost.com/2018/08/14/new-york-citys-booming-economy-is-bad-news-for-the-far-left/

Gefn:
@endicom
Thanks for the post.

Now I got Sinatra’s song “New York, New York” in my head.

@corbe
@EasyAce
What I’m listening to. Thread   :silly:

And I want a dirty water hot dog for breakfast!!!!

Anyone here wanna take a road trip to Katz’ deli?

endicom:

--- Quote from: Freya on August 15, 2018, 12:14:23 pm ---@endicom
Thanks for the post.

Now I got Sinatra’s song “New York, New York” in my head.

@corbe
@EasyAce
What I’m listening to. Thread   :silly:

And I want a dirty water hot dog for breakfast!!!!

Anyone here wanna take a road trip to Katz’ deli?

--- End quote ---

Hey, you can still hear Curtis Sliwa.  wink777

Gefn:
With or without Ron Kuby?

endicom:

--- Quote from: Freya on August 15, 2018, 01:09:14 pm ---With or without Ron Kuby?

--- End quote ---

Ron was here but now he's gone, left old Curt to carry on.

I think. Don't really know. Curtis and Kuby was, against all logic, a good show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version