Author Topic: I'm Beginning To See The Other Side of Trumpism (Berman)  (Read 272 times)

Offline corbe

I'm Beginning To See The Other Side of Trumpism (Berman)
« on: August 13, 2018, 03:34:26 pm »
I'm Beginning To See The Other Side of Trumpism

by Steve Berman
3 hrs-edited

Confessions of a Never-Trumper who is surprised at how much Trump loves America, and how much America loves him back.

From the moment Donald J. Trump descended the escalator at Trump Tower in June 2015, to his stunning defeat of Hillary Clinton in November 2016, to today, he's enjoyed a core group of supporters who trust him to do the right thing for America.

In fact, since he took office, his approval rating, aggregated among all professional polls, as presented by FiveThirtyEight, is remarkably consistent. Since mid-2017 he hasn't fallen below 36.5% and hasn't risen above 44.7%. Right now, it's hovering just below 42%.

Contrast that with Barack Obama (courtesy of Gallup), who swung more wildly from the mid 60% level (his honeymoon as the first black president was well deserved) to right around 40% at the same point in his presidency. At the start of 2012, his re-election year, Obama swung back up to the high 50's, only to sink back to around 40%, only rising above 50% in his lame-duck year.

<..snip..>

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/i-m-beginning-to-see-the-other-side-of-trumpism-mVYCqZ8PVkaWOppdbjbLcQ/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: I'm Beginning To See The Other Side of Trumpism (Berman)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:34:40 pm »
Most of Trump's supporters simply don't care about his lies, about his business practices (which frequently stuck it to small contractors who didn't get paid full value, or at times, paid at all), about his marriages. They don't care because they didn't elect him to be true to those things.

Just like the Left, this people do not care what means are used to bring about the ends - which still are never really defined.

But the dangers to liberty having a people so invested in one man as political savior and protector - are beyond frightening.

We have already crossed that Rubicon, and as the Republican Wars end - so now the time of the Caesars has come.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775