Author Topic: World Remains Blind To 'Ticking Time Bomb' Countdown To War On Australia's Doorstep  (Read 3694 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Interesting, that article doesn't mention tariffs.

And How is China's PLA is funded, to continue posing the active Threat to peace and stability in the area? I mean, that Was the point of my posting, not the horror of paying more for a streaming player OR a Big Mac. Wars, generally speaking, cost quite a bit more than junk food or junk entertainment.

BTW, since you've brought it up, your argument for them has the same merit as the 15 dollar an hour minimum wage for burger flippers.
All you have to do is replace " effin' streaming player" with "Quarter pounder with cheese" and you are making the case for higher price products to help your fellow American fast food workers.

The results will be the same.Less consumer choice, higher prices, and higher unemployment, and more automation.
Please go ahead tell us about how Friedman was wrong.
I'm sure those on the burger flipping new left, and higher tariff new right will all nod in agreement.

:banghead:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline GrouchoTex

:banghead:

I wonder just how far China will go?
I'll admit, I don't know the answer to that.
I'll say this, if this is a President Trump tactic to open up talks that lead to a fair trade deal, I'm all for it.
It appeared to work with the EU, but now we're talking about a country that has been around for thousands of years, with over a billion people.
I'm not saying should act out of fear, but is provoking them a good idea?
I hope the thought of mutual destruction occurs to them before they go to war with us or an ally.
As the article points out, this can work out, but there are more,pieces to this puzzle than meet the eye.

• Wulf Anson Author
I wonder just how far China will go?
I'll admit, I don't know the answer to that.
I'll say this, if this is a President Trump tactic to open up talks that lead to a fair trade deal, I'm all for it.
It appeared to work with the EU, but now we're talking about a country that has been around for thousands of years, with over a billion people.
I'm not saying should act out of fear, but is provoking them a good idea?
I hope the thought of mutual destruction occurs to them before they go to war with us or an ally.
As the article points out, this can work out, but there are more,pieces to this puzzle than meet the eye.

China has shown the world that it will go as far as it pleases and any damn Where it pleases, legal or not.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics/south-china-sea-flyover-intl/index.html

"On Subi Reef, the Poseidon's sensors picked up 86 vessels, including Chinese coast guard ships, moored in a giant lagoon, while on Fiery Cross Reef rows of hangers stood alongside a lengthy runway.

"It was surprising to see airports in the middle of the ocean," said Lt. Lauren Callen, who was leading the air combat crew aboard the Navy flight.
Each time the aircraft was challenged by Chinese military, the US Navy crew's response was the same.

"I am a sovereign immune United States naval aircraft conducting lawful military activities beyond the national airspace of any coastal state," the response said.

"In exercising these rights guaranteed by international law, I am operating with due regard for the rights and duties of all states."

It wasn't China's land. They have no lawful claim to it, and they're threatening us away from it.

And yes, there are more pieces to this puzzle.

Nobody, so far as I know, has said squat to Japan. They're not much better at real Free Trade than China is at not robbing and bullying us.

Because we need Japan to help hold China and the Norks in check, so we put up with it.

Again, I like Freidman, but this isn't Freidman.

This is Sun Tzu.

And Mushashi. 'A Book of Five Rings'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:27:14 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline GrouchoTex

1st off an apology to @To-Whose-Benefit? @truth_seeker.
This seemed like a pretty serious topic to start the AT/ NT stuff again, but I could of, and should of ignored it and just get used to it.
It is what it is.
Sometimes I'll play along, either way, to try and be funny, so I can't claim an moral high ground here. My user name is for my favorite comedian, but also I can be a Grouch.

Anyway, this is going to be a difficult endeavor for America.
I get you credit, when it comes to China, I've had to re-examine my anti-tariff stance, but in this instance only, for now.

Do,tariffs or canctions work here?
Yes, if it brings China to the negotiating table.
No, if gives it gives them the " us- against- the - world mentality.
However, it seems they are already at that point.

So, what is next?
Would they stop if we pulled bases that are close (like Okinawa)?
You have to think both sides are seeing a perceived threat from the other one.

What do they need?
My question is about basic needs.
People need food, water, and energy.
What do we offer China to start the negotiations?
They had been buying soybeans.
An angry country of a billion plus who are hungry, could be problematic, to say the least.

What do we need from them?
Of course, China taking a less aggressive stance would be a start.
Peace through strength?
Fine, as far as it goes.
While we maintain a military presence in the region, they'd be less likely to stop doing the same.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:11:35 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How about 1 member who went on for Months thread jumping to repeatedly call POTUS "A lying sack of shit."

Search that one for substantive, grown up content.

Why do you think I bothered to post all of these news articles on China?

After all the NT howling about tariffs, as if China were a big fan of Milton Freidman.

Anyone here says Boo! about being tired of the never ending 1 dimensional, empty of substance rants about there being no difference in the 2 sides of our Uniparty, as embodied in our current POTUS gets attacked in forum by the usual subjects as trying to deny them the podium.

Trump critics get the floor here, any and every time they want it, and I'm having trouble remembering those of us who see this Administration as actually trying to accomplish things, trying to Silence any of the embittered NT members here.

Feels like trying to debate a Democrat playing the perennial victim card.

So give us a break with this. I'm sick to my guts of whiney NTs here accusing us of attempting to Silence them.

WHY do you think I bothered, spent my Time, looking up and posting all these articles about Who and What China is?

After I get accused, in forum, of being unbalanced through 'Projecting'?

First of all, I came here to actually read about the topic of this thread which is "World Remains Blind To 'Ticking Time Bomb' Countdown To War On Australia's Doorstep".  Sounds sort of important. 

But, you presented me with nothing on that topic and a challenge about Trump postings, so I will address that instead.  I used your term: "A lying sack of shit" which you very helpfully put in quotation marks and I searched TBR.  I found 22 uses of that phrase.  Of which exactly three referred to Trump.  Do it yourself if you don't want to believe me.

Y'all really need to get off your high horses and reexamine your assumptions. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:22:56 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh, and here are the search results in case you're curious:

Search results for: "A lying sack of shit"
Pages: [1]
Scandal Watch / Re: Mueller WILL NOT Present Collusion Evidence At Manafort Trial
« by Oceander on July 08, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »

......  taxpayers over $100 million dollars because he is a lying sack of shit. His number 2 capo has been hauled in front of  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Fox News faces backlash saying the US may be facing a 'coup' with Mueller investigation
« by CatherineofAragon on December 18, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »

......  Shaub and Evan McMuffin? You mock Donny for being a lying sack of shit, yet here you are pimping for two of the lyingest  ......
Politics / Re: Senator Ben Sasse: Putin Leaves Helsinki With A Win
« by Chosen Daughter on July 20, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »

...... , GWB, who got Americans killed over them is not a lying sack of shit?   BTW you are aware that we have to deal in a  ......
World News / Re: World Remains Blind To 'Ticking Time Bomb' Countdown To War On Australia's Doorstep
« by To-Whose-Benefit? on Today at 01:35:03 AM »

......  Months thread jumping to repeatedly call POTUS "A lying sack of shit."  Search that one for substantive, grown up  ......
Politics / Re: Congressman Charlie Dent will not seek re-election in 2018
« by Frank Cannon on September 07, 2017, 11:24:12 PM »

......  usual, his ass is grass. I know Charlie and his a lying sack of shit liberal Rat. Next stop for him will be MSNBC to  ......
Politics / Re: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« by Frank Cannon on May 16, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »

......  with McMaster unless someone can show that he is a lying sack of shit.  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Stormy Daniels Sues Trump, Says ‘Hush Agreement’ Invalid Because He Never Signed
« by Weird Tolkienish Figure on March 07, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »

...... , 2018, 12:26:57 AM  Or it is more likely she is a lying sack of shit. Ever met a stripper what wasn't a lying whore? I  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Steyer bought Wolff book for every member of Congress
« by The Ghost on January 05, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

......  exaggerator. Some would go as far as calling him a lying sack of shit. I don't know how much shit you can fill a sack  ......
California / Re: California's Brown Raises Prospect of Pension Cuts in Downturn
« by Frank Cannon on January 12, 2018, 07:15:48 PM »

......  cut pensions if that is the case? Oh yeah. He is a lying sack of shit. ......
National News/Current Events / Re: LIVE THREAD..... Obama's 2014 SOTU Address...9pm est
« by mystery-ak on January 28, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »

......  the military yet takes away their benefits..he's a lying sack of shit! ......
Politics /
« by kevindavis on September 25, 2017, 01:15:25 PM »

......  scrambling his brains and not because he is a lying sack of shit?     Well then maybe Trump the draft dodger  ......
Politics / Re: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?
« by Weird Tolkienish Figure on September 02, 2016, 07:37:07 AM »

......  remember what people said.....      Amazing, what a lying sack of shit. ......
National News/Current Events / Re: 2015 State of the Union Address....Live Thread
« by mystery-ak on January 20, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »
National News/Current Events / Re: NYT Columnist Kristof Wants to Debunk the 'Crooked Hillary Myth'
« by rangerrebew on April 25, 2016, 06:45:09 AM »
Politics /
« by Frank Cannon on July 12, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »

......  is a lying sack of shit. He played this game already and "left" the GOP 7  ......
National News/Current Events /
« by Hondo69 on April 05, 2017, 06:30:14 AM »

......  04, 2017, 11:06:45 PM  Sorry, but when you're a lying sack of shit conspiracy theorist nutjob, people tend not to  ......
Military/Defense News / Re: Officials: Bergdahl never intended to desert
« by mystery-ak on March 27, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »

......  a lying sack of shit...then why did you send all your possessions home? ......
Politics / Re: Ed Klein: Hillary Couldn't Stop Crying, Told Friend She Blames Comey and Obama For Loss
« by mrpotatohead on November 10, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »

......  was. All that scandal did was remind people what a lying sack of shit she is, but without it there were a bunch of  ......
Politics / Re: Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims
« by SirLinksALot on March 04, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »

......  was done at all.    We all know Trump is a lying sack of shit of course. So I won't take his word for it. Not  ......
Politics / Re: Revealed: 'Ordinary 'citizen' John McCain dispatched a trusted aide across the Atlantic to get dirty dossier from ex-spy after former British diplomat told him about blackmail tapes
« by Frank Cannon on January 12, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »

......  are getting dirtier.    He also appears to be a lying sack of shit. His boyfriend Lindsay admitted today that Crazy  ......
Politics /
« by Frank Cannon on September 28, 2016, 12:26:09 AM »

......  Killers!!!  You decide.    I already did. He is a lying sack of shit....   ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Detroit family caught in Iraq travel ban, says mom died waiting to come home
« by Frank Cannon on February 01, 2017, 03:12:04 PM »

......  am going to go out on a limb and say this guy is a lying sack of shit.  ......

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I used your term: "A lying sack of shit" which you very helpfully put in quotation marks and I searched TBR.  I found 22 uses of that phrase.  Of which exactly three referred to Trump. 

Does TBR now have a working, reliable search engine @Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Does TBR now have a working, reliable search engine @Sanguine

It is as reliable as the information you put into it. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:laugh:  No, it is not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That was not a full answer that I gave.  Yes, it is a bit difficult to use, but if you put in a search term in quotes, as I did above, it returns a full set of items that fit those parameters. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That was not a full answer that I gave.  Yes, it is a bit difficult to use, but if you put in a search term in quotes, as I did above, it returns a full set of items that fit those parameters.

Quotation marks are our friends....It's how I locate topics, so I can avoid a duplicate topic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Quotation marks are our friends....It's how I locate topics, so I can avoid a duplicate topic.

Yep.  The Mods probably ought to write something up  to tell people how to use search to get the results they are seeking.

• Wulf Anson Author
:laugh:  No, it is not.

888high58888

Funny, @Sanguine got 22 returns using the TBR search engine.

I just tried it again and got 30 returns, so reliability?

It sorta depends of what phase the moon is in and the price of rice in China.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

888high58888

Funny, @Sanguine got 22 returns using the TBR search engine.

I just tried it again and got 30 returns, so reliability?

It sorta depends of what phase the moon is in and the price of rice in China.

Post them here.  I'd like to see what you used to get that result.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'd like to see, too.  @To-Whose-Benefit?, please highlight the ones that refer to President Trump explicitly. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

• Wulf Anson Author

Search results for: "lying sack of shit"
Scandal Watch / Re: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model
« by Frank Cannon on July 20, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »

......  keep voting for the greater lawless, adulterous lying sack of shit who promises you the biggest bullshit you will  ......
Politics / Re: Putin summit puts spotlight back on Trump's tax returns
« by LegalAmerican on July 30, 2018, 11:56:32 PM »

...... , idiot, and unicorn chaser" call the POTUS a "lying sack of shit" for months on end . . . . Sky's the limit, so  ......
Politics / Re: GOP senator: 'Real likelihood' Dems win the House 'by 10 or 12 more seats than they need'
« by libertybele on August 09, 2018, 12:40:39 PM »

......  the fact they are lying sacks of shit - but OUR lying sack of shit that we want in office because the other lying  ......
World News / Re: World Remains Blind To 'Ticking Time Bomb' Countdown To War On Australia's Doorstep
« by Right_in_Virginia on Today at 10:25:47 AM »

......  on Today at 10:20:29 AM   I used your term: "A lying sack of shit" which you very helpfully put in quotation marks  ......
Scandal Watch / Re: Mueller WILL NOT Present Collusion Evidence At Manafort Trial

......  over $100 million dollars because he is a lying sack of shit. His number 2 capo has been hauled in front of  ......
Politics / Re: DC ready to pull James Comey back in
« by Victoria33 on July 31, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »

......  shit out of whole cloth to defend an degenerate lying sack of shit. (I toned down that last statement just for you.)  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Fox News faces backlash saying the US may be facing a 'coup' with Mueller investigation

......  and Evan McMuffin? You mock Donny for being a lying sack of shit, yet here you are pimping for two of the lyingest  ......

...... , GWB, who got Americans killed over them is not a lying sack of shit?   BTW you are aware that we have to deal in a  ......
World News / Re: Former Trudeau adviser: Trump is a 'pathetic little man-child'
« by Wingnut on June 11, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »

......  claiming Trump sucks because he engaged a proven lying sack of shit.    Living in never never T land is hard work  ......

......  usual, his ass is grass. I know Charlie and his a lying sack of shit liberal Rat. Next stop for him will be MSNBC to  ......
Politics / Re: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

......  McMaster unless someone can show that he is a lying sack of shit.  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Stormy Daniels Sues Trump, Says ‘Hush Agreement’ Invalid Because He Never Signed

...... , 2018, 12:26:57 AM  Or it is more likely she is a lying sack of shit. Ever met a stripper what wasn't a lying whore? I  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Steyer bought Wolff book for every member of Congress

...... . Some would go as far as calling him a lying sack of shit. I don't know how much shit you can fill a sack  ......

......  pensions if that is the case? Oh yeah. He is a lying sack of shit. ......
National News/Current Events / Re: LIVE THREAD..... Obama's 2014 SOTU Address...9pm est

......  military yet takes away their benefits..he's a lying sack of shit! ......
Politics / Re: After pledging to donate salary, Trump administration declines to release proof
« by DiogenesLamp on March 14, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »

......  14, 2017, 12:08:32 PM   The guy is a low life lying sack of shit.    Wasn't that your opinion last year as well?  ......
Politics / Re: Comey confronts an angry Congress
« by skeeter on March 20, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »

......  ass to prove the charges. Otherwise he's a bleep lying sack of shit.    lol. This comment is a perfect representation  ......
Politics /

......  scrambling his brains and not because he is a lying sack of shit?     Well then maybe Trump the draft dodger  ......

......  what people said.....      Amazing, what a lying sack of shit. ......
Politics /
« by Suppressed on September 08, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »

...... ? You weren't briefed?   You are one lying sack of shit.     He's a senator. ......
National News/Current Events / Re: 2015 State of the Union Address....Live Thread
National News/Current Events / Re: NYT Columnist Kristof Wants to Debunk the 'Crooked Hillary Myth'
Politics /

......  is a lying sack of shit. He played this game already and "left" the GOP 7  ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Ethics Office Director Walter Shaub Resigns, Saying Rules Need To Be Tougher
« by Frank Cannon on July 07, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »

...... .........George Soros.  Hard to believe this hack lying sack of shit Shaub is an Obama appointee. No wonder he was  ......

......  04, 2017, 11:06:45 PM  Sorry, but when you're a lying sack of shit conspiracy theorist nutjob, people tend not to  ......

......  a lying sack of shit...then why did you send all your possessions home? ......
Politics / Re: People didn't care': Kellyanne Conway now says that Trump will not release his tax returns
« by catfish1957 on January 23, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »

......  release it after a supposed "audit", now this lying sack of shit will not release.   And his idiot acolytes just  ......
Politics / Re: Ed Klein: Hillary Couldn't Stop Crying, Told Friend She Blames Comey and Obama For Loss

...... . All that scandal did was remind people what a lying sack of shit she is, but without it there were a bunch of  ......
Politics / Re: Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims

......  was done at all.    We all know Trump is a lying sack of shit of course. So I won't take his word for it. Not  ......
Politics / Re: Revealed: 'Ordinary 'citizen' John McCain dispatched a trusted aide across the Atlantic to get dirty dossier from ex-spy after former British diplomat told him about blackmail tapes

......  are getting dirtier.    He also appears to be a lying sack of shit. His boyfriend Lindsay admitted today that Crazy  ......

• Wulf Anson Author
Search Engines tend to omit older results in order to bring you the "Most Relevant Results" according to whoever and whatever designed them.

Take for instance searching with standard google for scientific papers or Court decisions.

Then try querying the same criteria using scholar.google.com

Whole different hierarchy of what the engine considers relevant.

UPDATE: I just tried the Wayback Machine and it won't get that specific either.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:01:44 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
I'd like to see, too.  @To-Whose-Benefit?, please highlight the ones that refer to President Trump explicitly.

See above. It's entirely dependent upon What the engine Wants to give you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Search results for: "lying sack of shit"
Scandal Watch / Re: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model
« by Frank Cannon on July 20, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »

......  keep voting for the greater lawless, adulterous lying sack of shit who promises you the biggest bullshit you will  ......
Politics / Re: Putin summit puts spotlight back on Trump's tax returns
« by LegalAmerican on July 30, 2018, 11:56:32 PM »

...... , idiot, and unicorn chaser" call the POTUS a "lying sack of shit" for months on end . . . . Sky's the limit, so  ......
Politics / Re: GOP senator: 'Real likelihood' Dems win the House 'by 10 or 12 more seats than they need'
« by libertybele on August 09, 2018, 12:40:39 PM »

......  the fact they are lying sacks of shit - but OUR lying sack of shit that we want in office because the other lying  ......
« by Right_in_Virginia on Today at 10:25:47 AM »

......  on Today at 10:20:29 AM   I used your term: "A lying sack of shit" which you very helpfully put in quotation marks  ......

......  over $100 million dollars because he is a lying sack of shit. His number 2 capo has been hauled in front of  ......
Politics / Re: DC ready to pull James Comey back in
« by Victoria33 on July 31, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »

......  shit out of whole cloth to defend an degenerate lying sack of shit. (I toned down that last statement just for you.)  ......

......  and Evan McMuffin? You mock Donny for being a lying sack of shit, yet here you are pimping for two of the lyingest  ......

World News / Re: Former Trudeau adviser: Trump is a 'pathetic little man-child'
« by Wingnut on June 11, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »

......  claiming Trump sucks because he engaged a proven lying sack of shit.    Living in never never T land is hard work  ......

......  McMaster unless someone can show that he is a lying sack of shit.  ......

...... . Some would go as far as calling him a lying sack of shit. I don't know how much shit you can fill a sack  ......

......  pensions if that is the case? Oh yeah. He is a lying sack of shit. ......

......  military yet takes away their benefits..he's a lying sack of shit! ......
Politics / Re: After pledging to donate salary, Trump administration declines to release proof
« by DiogenesLamp on March 14, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »

......  14, 2017, 12:08:32 PM   The guy is a low life lying sack of shit.    Wasn't that your opinion last year as well?  ......
Politics / Re: Comey confronts an angry Congress
« by skeeter on March 20, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »

......  ass to prove the charges. Otherwise he's a bleep lying sack of shit.    lol. This comment is a perfect representation  ......
Politics /

......  what people said.....      Amazing, what a lying sack of shit. ......
Politics /
« by Suppressed on September 08, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »

...... ? You weren't briefed?   You are one lying sack of shit.     He's a senator. ......
Politics /

National News/Current Events / Re: Ethics Office Director Walter Shaub Resigns, Saying Rules Need To Be Tougher
« by Frank Cannon on July 07, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »

...... .........George Soros.  Hard to believe this hack lying sack of shit Shaub is an Obama appointee. No wonder he was  ......

Politics / Re: People didn't care': Kellyanne Conway now says that Trump will not release his tax returns
« by catfish1957 on January 23, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »

......  release it after a supposed "audit", now this lying sack of shit will not release.   And his idiot acolytes just  ......

...... . All that scandal did was remind people what a lying sack of shit she is, but without it there were a bunch of  ......

Excellent.  We didn't use exactly the same search terms.  You used "lying sack of shit" and I used "a lying sack of shit".  Small difference, but it means you found 7 more than I did (one was quoting my response here).  So, the search function worked exactly as it was designed to.

And, back to the original point - how many of these refer directly to Trump? 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:01:54 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
See above. It's entirely dependent upon What the engine Wants to give you.

You think the search engine thinks for itself? 

• Wulf Anson Author
You think the search engine thinks for itself?

?????

Search Engine is just code.

It does what the person who wrote it Told it to do.

Nothing more nothing less.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
?????

Search Engine is just code.

It does what the person who wrote it Told it to do.

Nothing more nothing less.

Perzackly.  You told it to search for "lying sack of shit," and @Sanguine told it to search for "A lying sack of shit."  That's enough of a difference for the code to give different results.  Now, I reiterate her question for you:  Please highlight the posts in there that refer directly to President Trump.

This entire exercise was precipitated by the assertion Never Trumpers have gotten away with calling the President a "lying sack of shit."  So far, more has been done to disabuse that notion than confirm it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:11:15 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

To those among US that think TBR is somehow an anti-Trump Forum, I want to point out that I am unable to ping GeronL, sinkspur, cripplecreek and a few others.
   Granted they dug their own graves here but it's illustrative of the fairness Myst and her Mods impose here to keep this ship afloat and for that, I am grateful. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Wulf Anson Author
Perzackly.  You told it to search for "lying sack of shit," and @Sanguine told it to search for "A lying sack of shit."  That's enough of a difference for the code to give different results.  Now, I reiterate her question for you:  Please highlight the posts in there that refer directly to President Trump.

This entire exercise was precipitated by the assertion Never Trumpers have gotten away with calling the President a "lying sack of shit."  So far, more has been done to disabuse that notion than confirm it.

OK. I went back and added the 'a'. Like @Sanquine I now get only 22 results.

I then input the member's handle who I had in mind, and could not bring up their commenting history.

Do you know how to get that one to work here? I don't.

I get nada trying google, the phrase, and TBR's URL.

My point is the TBR machine appears to be a prepackaged template, and it's search functions somewhat limited.

Offline Mod5

OK. I went back and added the 'a'. Like @Sanquine I now get only 22 results.

I then input the member's handle who I had in mind, and could not bring up their commenting history.

Do you know how to get that one to work here? I don't.

I get nada trying google, the phrase, and TBR's URL.

My point is the TBR machine appears to be a prepackaged template, and it's search functions somewhat limited.

See PM to you.