Author Topic: Hundreds Of Federal Employees Will Be Moved Out Of DC  (Read 732 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hundreds Of Federal Employees Will Be Moved Out Of DC
« on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:44 pm »
Hundreds Of Federal Employees Will Be Moved Out Of DC
Daily Caller, Aug 10, 2018, Tim Pearce

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is moving two agencies and roughly 700 federal employees out of Washington, D.C., to save money and improve the department’s service to taxpayers.

Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced Thursday that the Economic Research Service (ERS) and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) will be fully moved out of the nation’s capital by 2020, according to the USDA. A location hasn’t been picked yet.

“It’s been our goal to make USDA the most effective, efficient, and customer-focused department in the entire federal government,” Perdue said in a statement. “In our Administration, we have looked critically at the way we do business, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the best service possible for our customers, and for the taxpayers of the United States.”

“In some cases, this has meant realigning some of our offices and functions, or even relocating them, in order to make more logical sense or provide more streamlined and efficient services,” Perdue said.

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/10/usda-employees-move-dc/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Hundreds Of Federal Employees Will Be Moved Out Of DC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:46 pm »
Many more agency's need to be moved from DC.  Then they could hire normal folk and not DC rats.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 11:34:21 pm »
That only means they will move across the river into the high rent district of Crystal City. Maybe they should try moving way, far away from the 495 beltway. Let’s say all federal agencies should move their headquarters and no two can be in the same state.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:52:55 pm »
Many more agency's need to be moved from DC.  Then they could hire normal folk and not DC rats.

:amen:  about two thirds of them would be a FINE start!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:28:53 am »
There are more Dept. of Agriculture employees than there are farmers.  Maybe we should get rid of them instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 10:57:52 am »
There are more Dept. of Agriculture employees than there are farmers.  Maybe we should get rid of them instead.

Well, I thought there were some campaign promises to eliminate certain departments, bureaus and agencies altogether.   Another lie by Republcans I guess, because they are all still here.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »

There are certainly too many in government but...

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is made up of 29 agencies and offices with nearly 100,000 employees who serve the American people at more than 4,500 locations across the country and abroad.

https://www.usda.gov/our-agency/about-usda

Quick Facts: Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers
Number of Jobs, 2016   1,028,700

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/farmers-ranchers-and-other-agricultural-managers.htm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 12:27:52 pm »
By 'farmer', I meant those who owned and operated farms - not people who worked on farms.  Still, there are close to 1 million of those, so I stand corrected.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:31:30 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 03:34:51 pm »
:amen:  about two thirds of them would be a FINE start!

I'll head on out and help'em pack.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 03:42:42 pm »
By 'farmer', I meant those who owned and operated farms - not people who worked on farms.  Still, there are close to 1 million of those, so I stand corrected.  Thanks.

At that link, it has other categories including those working for farmers and ranchers.  Not to say everyone at the first number is an owner; but neither is everyone doing anything in AG included in the first.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 04:11:50 pm »
In the era of "Zero Based Budgeting," I was a corporate planning director.

From a high ranking manager, I learned his philosophy:

"hat are We Doing, Why Are We Doing It, and When Are We Going to Stop?"

Project Manager, Alaska Pipeline. (Bill McKay)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 04:16:49 pm »
It might resolve one of the great ironies: those most qualified to work on agriculture-related issues can't afford to live in DC, while those who can afford to live in DC are least qualified to work on agriculture-related issues.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024